Author Topic: Perk with 5 techs already?!?! (make that 6...7...8!)  (Read 6847 times)

Re: Perk with 5 techs already?!?! (make that 6)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
As I said before in another post, while I like Perk's game, he is a weinner.

Sorry, I don't like to pick on spelling, typos, grammar etc...but that one struck me funny

This is a weiner

this is a whiner

That's what I meant, he's a big weinny. Did you think I meant whiner? Silly you ;D

lol...fair enough TP!

You say weiner I say whiner...either way it adds up to a big juicy T on a bun for Perk.
Yup

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I don't really want the celts to be known as a bunch of punks. 

they play in boston, the focus of an entire nations sports jealousy. Good luck with that.

Even the bruins, who are nothing of the kind, are being labled dirty players and "The NHL's chairity case" ::)

we are the new NY of the sports world, every fan outside of NE hates us, so i recommend doing what i do, not caring.

i agree with this.....i also kinda like it that way too :D

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
I understand that its obviously an issue if Perk gets suspended for a game or what have you but quite frankly I think too much is being made of this, both here and in the media (the announcers would NOT shut up about this during the pistons game the other night). While Perk does get his fair share of T's from outraged expletives, it seems to me that just as many come from under the hoop tangles where both guys are getting T'd up or in games with largely disreputable referees.

Having so few games played thus far, I went through the game logs to discover this.

Pistons/Celtics - Nov 20 - Tech #7 - Violet Palmer was a ref
Bucks/Celtics - Nov 15 - Tech #6 - Bennett Salvatore was a ref
Raptors/Celtics - Nov 10 - Tech #5 - Double tech with Jermaine O'neal
Bucks/Celtics - Nov 7 - Tech #4 - Eddie F. Rush was a ref
Stolen Team/Celtics - Nov 5 - Tech #3 - Double tech with Johan Petro
Rockets/Celtics - Nov 4 - Tech #2 - Fairly certain this was a double tech with McGrady but the ESPN p-b-p sheet only says McGrady and never mentions when Perk got his T.
Cavs/Celtics - Oct 28 - Tech #1 - Double tech with either Z or Pavlovic (ESPN p-b-p doesn't specify the other party).

So there you have that. At least half of them are double techs and half of them are possibly attributed to horrible officiating. Without having any way (that I know of) to check who actually dealt Perk those techs in the games with the notoriously terrible referees working, I'd say its at least worth considering that Perk is a victim of circumstance thus far.

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I understand that its obviously an issue if Perk gets suspended for a game or what have you but quite frankly I think too much is being made of this, both here and in the media (the announcers would NOT shut up about this during the pistons game the other night). While Perk does get his fair share of T's from outraged expletives, it seems to me that just as many come from under the hoop tangles where both guys are getting T'd up or in games with largely disreputable referees.

Having so few games played thus far, I went through the game logs to discover this.

Rockets/Celtics - Nov 4 - Tech #2 - Fairly certain this was a double tech with McGrady but the ESPN p-b-p sheet only says McGrady and never mentions when Perk got his T.
Cavs/Celtics - Oct 28 - Tech #1 - Double tech with either Z or Pavlovic (ESPN p-b-p doesn't specify the other party).

So there you have that. At least half of them are double techs and half of them are possibly attributed to horrible officiating. Without having any way (that I know of) to check who actually dealt Perk those techs in the games with the notoriously terrible referees working, I'd say its at least worth considering that Perk is a victim of circumstance thus far.

tp for you doing your homework AND for a cool avatar, lol

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 07:37:03 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
nba ref's haven't seem to improve at all despite all the talk of retraining them.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
nba ref's haven't seem to improve at all despite all the talk of retraining them.
I agree with you on that subject,the refs. seem to have the same messed-up ways they had last season.In a few cases they need to retire,their eyesight either is going or they have become farsighted or nearsighted.Some of them just picked the wrong profession(Violet Palmer),but Perkins does whine to much for my taste,something that will get you on most refs. "hit list",it seems.Once they have a dislike for you,their whistle becomes quicker,and it seems like Perkins has gotten on a few refs bad side.

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
and it seems like Perkins has gotten on a few refs bad side.

Valid point, but I what I tried to point out is that he may be on the bad side of 3 of the worst refs in the NBA, which in that case really wouldn't be his fault. How many here could really say that they could restrain themselves from blowing up at some of the calls Palmer, Salvatore and Rush have made over just the past season and a quarter?

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Blaming refs? Perk needs to grow up. He's worse than Rasheed Wallace. He complains on every call, even on obviously correct calls. Dude lacks control.

Perk needs to learn to shut up. I don't see how referees can respect him when he complains on every call. He needs to be selective, because he has no credibility at this point.

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
well, when your in the league for that many years already and still can't stay on the court due to cheap fouls such as setting moving picks, i can see it being quite frustrating.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 11:56:49 PM »

Offline TripleThreat

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7

Where I played basketball there's no such thing as a good technical. You lose possession of the ball, plus give up points in free throws. There's no excuse for picking up technical fouls, players need to learn to shut their mouths and keep playing. Refs are easy scapegoats in my book.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 12:00:55 AM »

Offline TripleThreat

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Blaming refs? Perk needs to grow up. He's worse than Rasheed Wallace. He complains on every call, even on obviously correct calls. Dude lacks control.

Perk needs to learn to shut up. I don't see how referees can respect him when he complains on every call. He needs to be selective, because he has no credibility at this point.

Exactly how I feel guava, I missed this post when I posted five minutes ago but I pretty much reiterated what you said in my own words. Perk is a talented ballplayer but he lets the refs bother him way too much.

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
Well theres #8 and yet again, its a terrible call by the refs as Chris Bosh grabs Perks arm running back up the court, Perk shrugs him away and Perk gets hit with one.

>:(