Author Topic: Patriots 2018 Season  (Read 76290 times)

Re: Patriots 2018 Season
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Man, it sucks that the Pats game superseded the Bears / Giants OT game. That one had some epic plays.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2018, 04:43:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Man, it sucks that the Pats game superseded the Bears / Giants OT game. That one had some epic plays.

I can't believe the Giants won. The Bears D really disappointed me today in fantasy.

For the Pats, great start, scoring on their first possession. The D gave up a big chunk on Minny's first play, but then recovered and Minny missed a FG. Bonus!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I can't believe the Giants won. The Bears D really disappointed me today in fantasy.

For the Pats, great start, scoring on their first possession. The D gave up a big chunk on Minny's first play, but then recovered and Minny missed a FG. Bonus!
Pat's actually stop Minny on a 3 and out when Minnesota had their first possession. That big run wasn't their first play

« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2018, 05:00:21 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Pat's actually stop Minny on a 3 and out when Minnesota had their first possession. That big run wasn't their first play

Ah, okay, thanks. Guess I missed a bit because the Giants/Bears game was in OT.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2018, 05:40:56 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

The PT riots game I can understand, but they also decided to show some of their pre-game show AND another round of commercials when they could have showed the start of OT
I'm bitter.

« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2018, 05:41:04 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Terrible end to the first half for New England: They fail to convert on third and inches, then their D goes into full doofus mode and gives up a quick and easy TD.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Terrible end to the first half for New England: They fail to convert on third and inches, then their D goes into full doofus mode and gives up a quick and easy TD.

Just the worst. How did we not get a half yard? The Pats could be up huge in this game right now with the Edelman non-td (totally pass interference, though) and continuing that drive. How often does Gronk not get any yards after catch?

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Just the worst. How did we not get a half yard? The Pats could be up huge in this game right now with the Edelman non-td (totally pass interference, though) and continuing that drive. How often does Gronk not get any yards after catch?

If you freeze-framed the Gronk catch at the point of the reception and asked if you think Gronk picks up the first, I’d say 99/100 he gets it. I’m not a betting man, but would have bet my eye-teeth he would have fallen forward for the 1st (excellent defensive play).  Also a coaching/Brady mistake to not try to run a quick play before the 2-minute warning (the first one) — I think it was obvious that the spot was generous.

« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
How this game has turned in about 2 minutes of playing time.  From Pats potentially driving to take a dominating lead with the ball coming out of the half, to Vikings potentially taking a lead with drive. This half may tell us a lot about these Pats.

« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2018, 06:07:35 PM »

• Satch Sanders
How this game has turned in about 2 minutes of playing time.  From Pats potentially driving to take a dominating lead with the ball coming out of the half, to Vikings potentially taking a lead with drive. This half may tell us a lot about these Pats.

It was an absolutely atrocious final couple of minutes to the first half. Gronk catches a ball within a couple feet of the first down and somehow can't impose his will on a smaller defender, then the Pats fail on third and inches. Then the D, which had shut out Minny to that point, surrenders several big plays and a touchdown in like a minute. And just like that it was a game.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2018, 06:08:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
What a catch by Patterson

« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2018, 06:13:37 PM »

• Satch Sanders

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2018, 06:47:21 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Nicely done Pats! Momentum lost and regained.

« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2018, 07:00:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What a terrible call.  He didn’t even make the line of scrimmage, let alone the first down.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Terrible throw.  Wasn't hit till after released.  Just run the ball and take time off the clock.  No need for Vikings to have life right now.