Author Topic: Check your inbox thread  (Read 7730 times)

Re: Check your inbox thread
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Now we need a check the "check your inbox" thread to remind us to look here.

Needs a snazzy title.

"The Super Double Secret Tommy Point Giving Thread With CROTOR"

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Yeah, well. I wasn't if sure that the people I PM'ed just didn't have the decency to get back to me or if they did have the "open in a new window" thingy activated.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 03:36:15 PM by ACF »

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah, well... It just bugged me that people leave people hanging. Whether they're buddies or not. Getting back to someone is common decency in my book, especially if the PM's contains apologies and/or questions regarding stuff that was said in certain threads. But I know of several posters who have still not gotten back to me. Oh, well.

*shrugs*

I'm bad at inbox stuff. A lot of times I will read it, then think to myself what the response should be, and then get distracted..and in my head it's a closed matter, so I never actually respond.

I know how stupid that sounds. I'm not defending it. I also doubt I'm alone.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 03:35:26 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Yeah, well... It just bugged me that people leave people hanging. Whether they're buddies or not. Getting back to someone is common decency in my book, especially if the PM's contains apologies and/or questions regarding stuff that was said in certain threads. But I know of several posters who have still not gotten back to me. Oh, well.

*shrugs*

I'm bad at inbox stuff. A lot of times I will read it, then think to myself what the response should be, and then get distracted..and in my head it's a closed matter, so I never actually respond.

I know how stupid that sounds. I'm not defending it. I also doubt I'm alone.

I edited the post because I thought it sounded like I wanted to call out people which is not the case.

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 03:40:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I stink at responding to things in a timely manner.  There are days when I get over a dozen PMs, and I let some of the less urgent ones slide, unfortunately.  (I also never clean out my inbox, so it's got 5,370 messages in it right now.  I think I responded to *most* of them at some point, though.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Yeah, well. I wasn't if sure that the people I PM'ed just didn't have the decency to get back to me or if they did have the "open in a new window" thingy activated.

I agree ACF.  I don't like being left hanging.  I was just pointing the irony.  I'm pretty conscientious about returning emails etc.

Along that note, just got a call back from a woman who failed to inform me she was not going to be there for a scheduled interview a couple of months ago.  She had a perfectly good reason for not being there, but a call back ASAP was in order.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 04:20:17 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I stink at responding to things in a timely manner.  There are days when I get over a dozen PMs, and I let some of the less urgent ones slide, unfortunately.  (I also never clean out my inbox, so it's got 5,370 messages in it right now.  I think I responded to *most* of them at some point, though.)
Like the one I sent you the other day regarding the CB Draft.  >:(;) :D ;D

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Bahku, I got your message and I got back to you :-) Maybe there is something wrong with your settings. Maybe Roy or someone else could help us out.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 07:37:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
To anybody who has written lately without a response (and there are a lot of you): I've been taking a mini-vacation from the blog, and will try to answer you all within about a week or so.  Sorry if the silence came off as rude.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
To anybody who has written lately without a response (and there are a lot of you): I've been taking a mini-vacation from the blog, and will try to answer you all within about a week or so.  Sorry if the silence came off as rude.

See, I just knew this thread would come in handy  ;)

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158

Besides the last PM, you always get back to me and It's great. Enjoy your vacation, I'm glad you didn't slip into a deep depression as I originally suspected.
The only color that matters is GREEN