Author Topic: Time to say "Goodbye"  (Read 18443 times)

Re: Time to say "Goodbye"
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Later.

Ah there's the sarcasm that is probably part of the reason why a good poster is leaving the site.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 02:41:56 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Later.

Ah there's the sarcasm that is probably part of the reason why a good poster is leaving the site.

No sarcasm. Borderline indifference.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 02:44:56 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Later.

Same thing.  What's the point of indifference when people are saying goodbye to a well respected poster.  There's no need to post if you're indifferent, borderline or otherwise.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Later.

That's terrible, ACF is a great poster. The optimist in me chose to believe you were just being laconic, but that's cold-hearted.  

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Later.

Same thing.  What's the point of indifference when people are saying goodbye to a well respected poster.  There's no need to post if you're indifferent, borderline or otherwise.

Agreed, TP!

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Later.

Agreed, TP!

I support that as well ... he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and  in a situation like this, if you can't say anything nice, it's best to not say anything at all.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Later.

Agreed, TP!

Sure there is. No offense to the mods, but this is a blog, not Congress. There's no need to announce your "retirement". And while I can understand saying good-bye to ones friends over PMs, I really don't see the need for a thread about it. So while I appreciated Amager's posts, I find posts like this remarkably self-serving.

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Jeez...  We've had debate about TPs and goodbye threads today.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 02:58:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Slow news day.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Slow news day.

No one's fired up about Lawrence Frank getting fired?  ::)
Yup

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I don't think a Sunday during NFL season could be a slow news day.  Especially one where Matt Ryan got hurt and the Colts are losing.  

Then there's the Tiger Woods scandal which involves one of the greatest athletes in the world and is being covered everywhere.

And oh yeah, then there's the fact that the Celts have a game today that's starting a tough road trip.

I wouldn't say it's a slow news day, I just think this shows where the priorities of this blog have gone.

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
I don't think a Sunday during NFL season could be a slow news day.  Especially one where Matt Ryan got hurt and the Colts are losing.  

Then there's the Tiger Woods scandal which involves one of the greatest athletes in the world and is being covered everywhere.

And oh yeah, then there's the fact that the Celts have a game today that's starting a tough road trip.

I wouldn't say it's a slow news day, I just think this shows where the priorities of this blog have gone.

Honestly curious, what were the priorities to begin with?

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
wish you all the best
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics

Honestly curious, what were the priorities to begin with?

When I first came here it was towards the end of the 07 season going into the summer of getting KG and Ray.  It was about the lottery, and the draft, and then the trades, and the 08 season.

When it wasn't about the Celtics, it was about the NBA.  It was about Boston sports, and anything else going on.  There was plenty of debating going on but overall the tone of the forums was a lot more positive and a productive place.  There wasn't as much editing of posts and rules and all this stuff.  The etiquette of the forums seemed to be good without as much of that going on.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 03:42:38 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
What is happening? Seriously... Everybody on this blog is so quick to start arguments lately. KC you are absolutely right, this is a blog and you can say what you want to say, Amendment 1 in the Bill of Rights protects your ability to do just that. However, just because you are allowed to say something doesn't mean you should say it.

ACF was a great poster and he deserves a thread like this, whether the thread itself is self-serving or not. ACF should not have to see remarks like yours if he comes back to this thread when he signs on in a couple of weeks to check his PMs. What he should see is that plenty of people on this blog care about him and are saddened by his departure.

Many posters on this blog have become increasingly hostile as of late. I can see why people are leaving and/or becoming irritated. Let's face the facts, CB has changed, whether we like it or not, and people need to stop blaming that on the mods and the inner circle. There is an inner circle on this blog, no doubt, but is it harmful to the other posters who choose to post here?... No. The inner circle is simply a group of posters who post often, have many tommy points, and stars and all of these other little badges of merit. For some reason people see these symbols and think those posters are awesome. They are only people on a blog trying to make the blog better, just like you. They don't hinder us from talking on here. Seeing people complain about the mods and the inner circle is just ridiculous. You are ruining the blog by constantly complaining about non-issues like goodbye threads and tps, not the other way around.