Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25617 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2019, 01:40:07 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The real reason?

Hayward wasn't ready, Kyrie took terrible shots and leadership in the playoffs. We stood pat with the same roster, while other teams in the East made moves.

Cavs last year barely got by the Pacers led by Oladipo. I have no doubt the Bucks this year would've beat them to 5 games or 6 games at the most.

Teams just got better while we stood stagnant and there were players on our team that were entitled and unable to fix the same weaknesses that plagued then last year.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Here's some of the video from the First Take article. In this one he basically says that he wasn't able to play the way he could play because of Kyrie and Gordon. Apparently he had to share the ball with Kyrie for half his minutes and with Gordon for the other half and that the ball was never in his hands and that he felt Gordon's usage was really high and they ran a lot of plays for him. Obviously Kyrie had a usage of 28% but Gordon had a usage of 18% and in fact he was the one who often was standing in the corner.

https://youtu.be/EBRYxN4MLPk?t=77

The comments about Gordon were the most baffling.  As you mentioned, Hayward was stuck in the corner far too often. 

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2019, 01:41:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Here's some of the video from the First Take article. In this one he basically says that he wasn't able to play the way he could play because of Kyrie and Gordon. Apparently he had to share the ball with Kyrie for half his minutes and with Gordon for the other half and that the ball was never in his hands and that he felt Gordon's usage was really high and they ran a lot of plays for him. Obviously Kyrie had a usage of 28% but Gordon had a usage of 18% and in fact he was the one who often was standing in the corner.

That is rich Terry...I mostly screamed at my TV all season because Hayward didn't shoot enough and was looking to pass while Rozier shot every time he got the chance. Perception vs Reality Terry.

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

The comments about Gordon were the most baffling.  As you mentioned, Hayward was stuck in the corner far too often.
Its the minutes.

He was force fed minutes more than touches and it clearly bothered Rozier. (and likely Tatum/Brown)

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think Rozier is not only gone, but may have burned a bridge.

Fine by me because I really don't want him back next year. I just don't like his style of play. He's not a basketball player, he's just an athlete.

Here's what he said about sacrificing his talent playing with Kyrie and Hayward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBRYxN4MLPk

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Rozier is a "Get Mine" player. He was going to get his shots no matter if it screwed up the offense or became a liability of defense.

I think Danny prolly wishes he moved him before the season when his worth was the highest.

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2019, 01:44:44 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Fine by me because I really don't want him back next year. I just don't like his style of play. He's not a basketball player, he's just an athlete.

He basically said he felt that the coaches treated Kyrie and Gordon differently to everyone else.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2019, 01:45:51 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

He basically said he felt that the coaches treated Kyrie and Gordon differently to everyone else.

Hence the divided lockerroom: Vets vs Rozier, Brown and Tatum.

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2019, 01:46:26 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
This is where Terry said he may have to go if the Celtics don't make changes to the roster (i.e. Kyrie stays) and give him a more prominent role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcTvE1vp8c

I agree with him on this...he's better off on a team that features him more prominently. He sacrificed this season, but on reflection it doesn't look like it was willingly.

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is where Terry said he may have to go if the Celtics don't make changes to the roster (i.e. Kyrie stays) and give him a more prominent role.

I agree with him on this...he's better off on a team that features him more prominently. He sacrificed this season, but on reflection it doesn't look like it was willingly.

Question is, will that team be better off?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2019, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The real reason?

Hayward wasn't ready, Kyrie took terrible shots and leadership in the playoffs. We stood pat with the same roster, while other teams in the East made moves.

Cavs last year barely got by the Pacers led by Oladipo. I have no doubt the Bucks this year would've beat them to 5 games or 6 games at the most.

Teams just got better while we stood stagnant and there were players on our team that were entitled and unable to fix the same weaknesses that plagued then last year.

Some say Ainge stood pat so he can acquire Davis this summer.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Rozier is making sure Boston does not match any RFA contract he is given. Just trying to talk his way out of town.

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2019, 01:54:42 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Rozier is making sure Boston does not match any RFA contract he is given. Just trying to talk his way out of town.

This is what I was thinking as well.

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2019, 01:55:04 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

Question is, will that team be better off?

If that team happened to the the Knicks all the better  :laugh:

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2019, 01:57:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Pretty brash comments from a guy who kept stepping out of bounds.

Sometimes I feel that playoff run in 2018 was the worse thing that could've happened.

Seems like Rozier and perhaps Tatum thought they were better than they really were. I wonder how deep we could've gone had Kyrie and Hayward not gotten injured.

It just seems the Celtics have had awful luck since 2008. Nothing has ever quite swung in our favor.

This summer, if I am Ainge, I don't think any one player should be off the table in trade discussions.

This team needs a major makeover.