Author Topic: Blow it up Danny!.....  (Read 18172 times)

Re: Blow it up Danny!.....
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
My perfect off-season:

1. Re-sign Kyrie to four year max;

2. Trade Tatum, Smart, signed draft picks, Williams and Yabu for Anthony Davis and E’Twaun Moore

3. Sign quality leaders and decent players with the vet minimum (Carter and Dudley);

4. Bring back Theis and Wanamaker;

5. Sign Patrick Beverley with the taxpayer MLE

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter
Kyrie / Beverley / Wanamaker

And to continue the dream, we can sign Faried to a minimum deal and Brad can properly utilize him, haha.

That is a good keep Kyrie model.  NO may ask for more if they get competitive offers from teams with higher picks.  As much as I love Brown, I think it would be okay if we have to include him with Tatum instead of Smart, but keep an extra pick or two.  Salary wise that could help us...Take Thybulle and Herro to develop in place of Brown, they'd make a good offense/defense bench duo to support a team trying to go all the way...and Smart is VERY valuable to this team...he got out of rhythm with the injury but he's so good...but would fetch less than Brown (hence we keep a pick or two extra)

Edit:  In general I am pro go elswewhere Kyrie

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
nothing is getting blown up. we will retool. we have been rebuilding the last 5 years. you want to start from scratch again? that is not happening regardless how many times you or others post it.

Agree that Celts will not start from scratch.

But it will be close to starting from scratch if the Celts lose Kyrie in FA, fail to trade for AD, and Horford leaves.

If all those 3 things happen, Celts will be left with Hayward as the lone All-Star on the roster.
imagine the frustration when Boston “shockingly” wins 35 games with that roster.   “But... but... we made the eastern conference finals without kyrie!”

Unless tatum or brown makes a leap, that roster could be in the lotto.  Last year they made up for their lack of talent with effort and execution.  If they play like they did this year (selfish, unfocused, lackadaisical), you’ll find out real quick why making kyrie the scapegoat was foolish.

« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2019, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
We need a Giannis stopper.

Michael Kidd Gilchrist
James Johnson

***Anthony Davis
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
We need a Giannis stopper.

Michael Kidd Gilchrist
James Johnson

***Anthony Davis

Yes! I am so on board with MKG. Hes good friends with Davis, plus his defensive mentality and team first would be perfect to add on our team. Plus hes a great rebounder for his position. I hope he opts out of his player. Hornets seem to lack the basic concept of winning.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2019, 01:44:16 PM »

Offline Jamilmac99

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
My perfect off-season:

2. Trade Tatum, Smart, signed draft picks, Williams and Yabu for Anthony Davis and E’Twaun Moore

3. Sign quality leaders and decent players with the vet minimum (Carter and Dudley);

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter

And to continue the dream, we can sign Faried to a minimum deal and Brad can properly utilize him, haha.

I think it's an extremely low percentage that Kyrie would even consider re-signing in Boston but if he does I'll have to support him. In any case, just curious why you would want to include Smart in the deal as he's the exact type of player that this Celtics team lacked who brings hustle and heart every night. The backbone of the defense. I think to get Davis you may have to realistically include Brown, Tatum, and multiple (2-3) first round picks. Davis is an absolute monster and easily a top 5 player.

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2019, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
nothing is getting blown up. we will retool. we have been rebuilding the last 5 years. you want to start from scratch again? that is not happening regardless how many times you or others post it.

But it will be close to starting from scratch if the Celts lose Kyrie in FA, fail to trade for AD, and Horford leaves.

If all those 3 things happen, Celts will be left with Hayward as the lone All-Star on the roster.
imagine the frustration when Boston “shockingly” wins 35 games with that roster.   “But... but... we made the eastern conference finals without kyrie!”

Unless tatum or brown makes a leap, that roster could be in the lotto.  Last year they made up for their lack of talent with effort and execution.  If they play like they did this year (selfish, unfocused, lackadaisical), you’ll find out real quick why making kyrie the scapegoat was foolish.

Yea, Kyrie was awesome in the playoffs.

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2019, 01:56:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I mean, that wouldn't worry me so much.

If the team can't even get to .500 while featuring Jay & Jay, that will be valuable information about those two guys and their ability to eventually be the centerpieces of a good team.

If Kyrie leaves and the team doesn't acquire AD, I think the two options for contending anytime soon are

(a) The young guys turn into stars

OR

(b) Continue stockpiling and developing assets and wait for the next opportunity to trade for a potential centerpiece superstar
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2019, 02:16:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My perfect off-season:

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter

I think it's an extremely low percentage that Kyrie would even consider re-signing in Boston but if he does I'll have to support him. In any case, just curious why you would want to include Smart in the deal as he's the exact type of player that this Celtics team lacked who brings hustle and heart every night. The backbone of the defense. I think to get Davis you may have to realistically include Brown, Tatum, and multiple (2-3) first round picks. Davis is an absolute monster and easily a top 5 player.

I like Brown better than Smart. He’s a more complete player. More offense, the ability to play equal defense, and he’s shown fire and effort.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
My perfect off-season:

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter

I like Brown better than Smart. He’s a more complete player. More offense, the ability to play equal defense, and he’s shown fire and effort.

Ideally we'd find a way to keep both.  This team needs more mentally tough guys who bring it every night and work hard on their game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2019, 03:38:32 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
My perfect off-season:

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter

I can get behind almost all of this.

I would try and keep Smart though and have ZERO problems trading Hayward.

Hayward and Kyrie DO NOT WORK.

I would rather a high priced center that can hustle, rebound, block shots and score on the block.
Drummond, Biyombo+ for example.

That would also take wear and tear off of Horford letting him come off the bench and close out tight games and makes needing to resign Morris moot, saving $$

Irving/Beverly/Wannamaker
Smart/Moore
Brown/Carter/Semi
Davis/Horford/
Drummond/Baynes/Theis

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Remove a couple selfish players and one head case and we will be right back to last years level of effort and execution but with more talent.

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2019, 07:24:19 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
My perfect off-season:

6. Re-sign Morris

Horford / Baynes / Theis
Davis / Morris / Semih
Hayward / Dudley
Brown / Moore / Carter

That is a good keep Kyrie model.  NO may ask for more if they get competitive offers from teams with higher picks.  As much as I love Brown, I think it would be okay if we have to include him with Tatum instead of Smart, but keep an extra pick or two.  Salary wise that could help us...Take Thybulle and Herro to develop in place of Brown, they'd make a good offense/defense bench duo to support a team trying to go all the way...and Smart is VERY valuable to this team...he got out of rhythm with the injury but he's so good...but would fetch less than Brown (hence we keep a pick or two extra)

Edit:  In general I am pro go elswewhere Kyrie

If he we are going with the hero ball route, keeping Tatum and trading Smart is not the solution. Smart is one of the people you want to keep if you want the ball to stick in Kyrie or AD's hands. Brown have adjusted his role as an off-ball player, while Tatum fails to produce anything without dribbling it.

« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2019, 11:24:25 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I think a core of Al, Smart, Hayward, Tatum and Brown would still be better than what they had this year.

If Kyrie walks and Rozier isn't brought back, Boston will certainly need to use one pick on a PG. They would also need to bring in some bench scoring. Don't know if that means trading picks for vets or what.

Will be interesting what the do with Morris. I would not mind him back if Kyrie stays or goes.

After thinking about it more I think I would like Morris back but not sure he wants to be here.

Yeah I’d take Morris back too. I blame the coaching staff for putting too much on his plate. He’s a fine role player who can get you buckets and provide energy. He’s not someone you should give enough minutes to take some of the most shots in a game.

Morris plays with an edge which is perfect for a veteran team.
Not a good fit in Boston with the youth.

The dust up with Brown proves it

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2019, 11:32:55 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Horford's made it clear he's happy here and plans on staying. Besides, he's got 30 million reasons to stay.

« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:30 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Big Tuesday night!!

Pray Memphis hits in the Top 8 to keep the Davis sweepstakes alive