Author Topic: Trade for Wade - What`s your idea?  (Read 3930 times)

Re: Trade for Wade - What`s your idea?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
As long as it's daydreaming:

Boston Gives
Rondo, Tony, Scal, Ray

Gets
Maynor, 2.5 million dollar trade exception, Kirilenko, Wade

Utah Gives
Boozer, Kirilenko, Maynor

Gets
Ray, Scal, Dorell Wright

Miami gives
Wade, Wright, 2.5 mil exception

Gets
Rondo, Boozer, tony

Boston could start Maynor, Wade, Pierce, KG, Perk and have House, Daniels, AK, Sheed and Davis off the bench.

Or they could "go big" and have Wade, Pierce, AK, KG, Perk.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I wouldn't give up Rondo in a trade for Wade.  Who is going to be the point guard, Lester?  Plus, Wade is hurt every year.  Not sure there has been a year where he hasn't been hurt.  I wouldn't take the risk on him.  I'd go after Rudy Gay or some other more healthy star.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
As long as it's daydreaming:

Boston Gives
Rondo, Tony, Scal, Ray

Gets
Maynor, 2.5 million dollar trade exception, Kirilenko, Wade

Utah Gives
Boozer, Kirilenko, Maynor

Gets
Ray, Scal, Dorell Wright

Miami gives
Wade, Wright, 2.5 mil exception

Gets
Rondo, Boozer, tony

Boston could start Maynor, Wade, Pierce, KG, Perk and have House, Daniels, AK, Sheed and Davis off the bench.

Or they could "go big" and have Wade, Pierce, AK, KG, Perk.
you're right, that would be daydreaming for both the C's and Miami and a nightmare for Utah.  I don't know enough about Maynor to know if that's a really lopsided deal or not.

The concern I'm having with these 'get Wade' proposals is the net effect after the big 3 are gone.  C's would have to part with Rondo at least.  In the post-big 3 era, you're still looking at an all-star guard (now it would be Wade instead of Rondo), Perk and bench players.  Toss in the fact that you'd have to get some kind of deal worked out with Wade before making the trade or he could conceivably walk away and now the C's have neither Rondo nor Wade.

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It would mean a ton of minutes for Lester Hudson, and a bunch of roster spots to fill.  Not a realistic deal.

Works in the machine though.

One problem with the trade machine is that it ignores the rule that a team can never have more than 15 players on its roster at any time during the season, even if they are immediately cut.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions