Author Topic: Spurs shopping Derozan/Aldridge  (Read 3939 times)

Re: Spurs shopping Derozan/Aldridge
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 06:34:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The only way DeRozan fits here is if we send out Kemba and roll with him as a point forward. Rock a lineup of Smart-Brown-DeRozan-Tatum-Timelord.

Given the state of his playmaking now I think that lineup would work pretty amazingly.

More interested in Murray though.
The sixth man role exists - I've been pushing the idea of playing Kemba like the Spurs did with Ginobili if we got another creator.

Rotation
PG: Smart, Kemba, FastPP
SG: DeRozan, Smart
SF: Jaylen, DeRozan, Semi/Nesmith/Langford
PF: Tatum, Jaylen, Grant/Semi
C: Theis, TT, Robert

That's a pretty good 8 man rotation with guys like FastPP/Semi/Nesmith/Langford/Robert who can step in as our 9th/10th men every night.
For sure, that could definitely work, I just don't know if we'd try and retain DeMar with Kemba's money still on the books
Wyc said he'd pay the tax for a team that's good enough to win the title, and the team above has the starpower and supporting pieces to compete for one.
For sure it does. I guess they were willing to pay Hayward $25m a season, just would have to hope DeRozan didn't want the max
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Spurs shopping Derozan/Aldridge
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2021, 10:22:32 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
DeRozen would be an awesome addition.

Is it legal for Cs to talk to DeRozen's agent about re-signing here if traded to us? With SAS' permission? If so, and DeRozen is open to it, I'd trade the TPE for him. Then do a separate, second deal of:

Thompson, either Langford or Nesmith, and 2021 1st round pick for Gay.

Cs trade: Thompson, Nesmith or Langford, 2021 1st, TPE
Cs receive: DeRozen, Gay (also expiring)

Doubling down on this, I’d also consider trading / clearing Walker and one youngster to the Mavs for TH JR and James Johnson (expiring).

You’d then have:

In: DeRozen, Gay, Hardaway, Johnson
Out: Walker, Thompson, Nesmith (or Langford), Semi, 2021 1st, TPE

Celtics roll out Smart, DeRozen, Brown, Tatum, Theis with a bench of Hardaway Jr, Time Lord, Teague, Johnson, Green, and Langford or Nesmith, with Gay around too for some playoff scoring if needed.

Small ball line-up of Smart Hardaway DeRozen Brown Tatum would be fun to watch (as would big boy line-up of DeRozen Brown Hardaway Tatum Time Lord).

Compete now, then use the $46mil in cleared salary next year to resign DeRozen, Hardaway or both.