Author Topic: Gronk traded to Bucs  (Read 7350 times)

Re: Gronk traded to Bucs
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 07:59:31 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
now if they could just steal the NE coach .

I've been reading so many anti-Belichick stories it's crazy. He's a great coach with unprecedented success.
do those anti-Belichick stories claim he isn't a great coach or that he hasn't had unprecedented success.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 01:06:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I've been reading so many anti-Belichick stories it's crazy. He's a great coach with unprecedented success.
do those anti-Belichick stories claim he isn't a great coach or that he hasn't had unprecedented success.

The anti-Belichick stories I see generally criticize the “Patriots way“ and how tough the system was on the players. A lot of guys don’t enjoy their time there.

It’s actually interesting to think that if Drew Bledsoe didn’t get hurt, there’s a chance that the patriots never even win a single title. That championship cemented Brady as a starter, and Belichick as a winner. People will tolerate a difficult work environment if they are getting rings.  But, if Drew holds on to his position for a couple more seasons and if the team doesn’t win, I think the players would have tuned BB out, George Karl style.

That said, I think that the criticism is unwarranted. I think that it is a fairly new concept, but people should enjoy going to work. Enjoyment is not the goal of the NFL or any business.  Belichick gets results, whereas most “players’ coaches” don’t.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The anti-Belichick stories I see generally criticize the “Patriots way“ and how tough the system was on the players. A lot of guys don’t enjoy their time there.

It’s actually interesting to think that if Drew Bledsoe didn’t get hurt, there’s a chance that the patriots never even win a single title. That championship cemented Brady as a starter, and Belichick as a winner. People will tolerate a difficult work environment if they are getting rings.  But, if Drew holds on to his position for a couple more seasons and if the team doesn’t win, I think the players would have tuned BB out, George Karl style.

That said, I think that the criticism is unwarranted. I think that it is a fairly new concept, but people should enjoy going to work. Enjoyment is not the goal of the NFL or any business.  Belichick gets results, whereas most “players’ coaches” don’t.
That is what I've seen as well, which is no where near the same thing as claiming he isn't a great coach or had unprecedented success (which I know is not exactly what was said, but sort of implied). 

The next season or two will be interesting in New England. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip