Poll

Of The Current Likely Scenarios, What Path Do You Prefer Most?

Play Detroit, Then Toronto
11 (23.9%)
Play Indiana, Then Milwaukee
19 (41.3%)
Really Don't Care. Whoever We Face, Bring It On!
16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: East Playoff Seedings and Preferences (merged threads)  (Read 12576 times)

Re: East Playoff Seedings and Preferences (merged threads)
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Looks like it’s going to be Indy and potentially Milwaukee if C’s advance. Much better than having to play all three in a row to reach the finals - Philly Toronto then Milwaukee

« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Looks like it’s going to be Indy and potentially Milwaukee if C’s advance. Much better than having to play all three in a row to reach the finals - Philly Toronto then Milwaukee

Yep, but we still want home court for the first round. Need to take care of business tonight and move into a tie for the 4 seed. If they don't start racking up wins soon, then it won't matter how brutal IND's schedule is, we'll stay the 5 seed.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I believe the best realistic scenario for us is

1) Bucks
2/3) Raptors/Philly
4) Celtics
5) Pacers

Farm the Pacers round 1 then play the Bucks, who I think are a very beatable 1 seed. Even if we're 5 and Pacers are 4, it's still the same thing. I don't see the Pacers or Bucks picking up more than 2 games vs us.

I don't take anything for granted. There must be a reason why Indy is still hunt and it's because they're alot tougher than we are giving them credit for (sans Oladipo.)

I'd like to at least see what we're up against when we play them next Friday, because they may not be quite as easy to defeat as we all think.

Indiana this season reminds me of Boston last season, they lost their No.1 player but they've all stepped up and are playing for each other. Everyone is writing them off, there's zero expectation on them. Teams are dangerous when they are considered to be no-hopers.

Probably fans from other teams were looking at us when we lost Hayward, then Kyrie, then had injuries to Brown during our run last season and wondering when we were going to fold.

Pacers are kind of collapsing. They are about to lose for I think the 7th time in 10 games and are currently down 30 some to the warriors. I get they stayed afloat for a while after oladipo went down, but i feel like people are not even following them the last 3 weeks.
Tbh they're a pretty bad matchup for us, I'm not confident that Morris-Horford can contain Sabonis-Turner. We need Baynes to return, or sign a vet who can give us some muscle inside.
We ought to steamroll the Pacers.  Their winning streak without Oladipo was driven by playing bad teams.  When they hit the hard part of their schedule they predictably started losing. 

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2019, 01:05:54 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yep, but we still want home court for the first round. Need to take care of business tonight and move into a tie for the 4 seed. If they don't start racking up wins soon, then it won't matter how brutal IND's schedule is, we'll stay the 5 seed.
We still play Indy twice.  So take care of business like we should and #4 spot is ours. 

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2019, 09:30:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
MASSIVE win tonight. Now tied for the 4th seed and hold the tiebreaker over Indiana (for now).  ;D

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2019, 09:31:40 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Looks like the stage is officially set. Indiana-Boston tomorrow night will be for the 4 seed.

Both teams still have 2 games left after (1 against a tricky team, 1 against an easier foe), but tomorrow night's clash could very well determine who gets HCA for the first round. Hope the C's are ready and actually treat tomorrow like a playoff game. In a way, it could also feel like good prep for playing on the road during the playoffs especially if we win  :)

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2019, 09:56:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Looks like the stage is officially set. Indiana-Boston tomorrow night will be for the 4 seed.

Both teams still have 2 games left after (1 against a tricky team, 1 against an easier foe), but tomorrow night's clash could very well determine who gets HCA for the first round. Hope the C's are ready and actually treat tomorrow like a playoff game. In a way, it could also feel like good prep for playing on the road during the playoffs especially if we win  :)
I suspect the presence or absence of Jaylen will determine if the C's win that game.  they'll need all hands on deck to beat Indy even though on paper they shouldn't need everyone.

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Indiana looks easy

Lets do it

« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2019, 11:11:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Did we clinch the 4 seed with tonight's win?

It looked like Gorman and Scalabrine weren't on the same page after the game was over.

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2019, 11:15:21 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Did we clinch the 4 seed with tonight's win?

It looked like Gorman and Scalabrine weren't on the same page after the game was over.

no we have to win one or indy lose one

« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2019, 11:16:09 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

I suspect the presence or absence of Jaylen will determine if the C's win that game.  they'll need all hands on deck to beat Indy even though on paper they shouldn't need everyone.

seemed easier than we all thought