Author Topic: Yankee's close to signing Manny?!?!  (Read 18863 times)

Re: Yankee's close to signing Manny?!?!
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
And just like that, the article's author has now come out with a contradictory article.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090130&content_id=3785640&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy&partnerId=rss_nyy

Apparently an exception was granted for this year allowing any team to sign up to 8.  So either the rule is max 3 and this year is just different or no one really knows...

Why guess is, nobody really knows.  How many combined Type A + Type B free agents did the Yankees have, anyway?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
And just like that, the article's author has now come out with a contradictory article.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090130&content_id=3785640&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy&partnerId=rss_nyy

Apparently an exception was granted for this year allowing any team to sign up to 8.  So either the rule is max 3 and this year is just different or no one really knows...

Why guess is, nobody really knows.  How many combined Type A + Type B free agents did the Yankees have, anyway?

I want to say 5, but I cant remember and really dont feel like combing through the internet to figure it out right now. haha

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Sorry, haven't read any of the posts, but the title of the thread reminded me of something.

Today I heard maybe the funniest, most naive thing ever while I was driving, and actually laughed out loud. Albert Pujols thinks (according to someone on the radio) that Manny might take a discount to play in St. Louis ::)