Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 Draft  (Read 66070 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 Draft
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I imagine like those ahead of you Mk you'll have your pick of the guys on the board? I think lucky is giving teams the choice to take the guy they took or the one newly avail guy... Your Noel pick is the first where you could draft ANY player that was subsequently taken by another team (like RUDY! GOBERT!)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:52:11 AM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2013, 10:05:03 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I imagine like those ahead of you Mk you'll have your pick of the guys on the board? I think lucky is giving teams the choice to take the guy they took or the one newly avail guy... Your Noel pick is the first where you could draft ANY player that was subsequently taken by another team (like RUDY! GOBERT!)

I understand this. However, the 5 GMs in front of me get the same player or an upgrade, while I get shafted. If I take the next player on my draft board and not Potter, then if effects the OTHER FIVE picks that I made. It also impact post draft trades. We are basically redo'ng everything from pick 6 until right now. All the picks and every trade gets nullified.

I traded half of my team for picks before the draft. I crafted a plan to reach on a number of picks to get the guys I wanted and it worked! Now everyone else knows the players that I reached on and they won't be available in a redraft. I get shafted. The plan that I have been working for 18 months on and all the deals that I made over the summer all backfire on me.

Had VO or McLemore been available, fine I could have dealt with have 4 rookie SGs, but I will not take Porter. I am assuming Len still goes to BDubs, but if he wants Porter, I still won't take Len.

I can't see a way around this unless a Porter fan offers me a good trade, e.g. a high 2014 pick or a player that I like.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I will keep Ben McLemore at #3

In that case:

1. Wumpian Imperialists Anthony Bennett^^
2. Larry Bird 17 Nerlens Noel
3. Birdman Ben McLemore
4. Make Me Some Bacon Victor Oladipo^^ (highest pick remaining)

At #5, Juggernauts2 can keep Alex Len, or go with Otto Porter.

Houston, we have a problem. I will select neither Len nor Porter in replacement of Noel.

Mk

I have to agree with Mk here. It took a lot of work to implement a plan and reach out to some GMs to get a sense of which players would be available where, and then he gets shafted in some degree.

How about Mk trades Noel for Oladipo and that's the end of the story?

« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think that's probably the fairest way to do it. 

Or, since it was the Commissioner's oversight*, I also think it would be fair to assign LB17 Oladipo, and then give him a compensatory pick next year (maybe 11th overall or something, with the pick not being tradeable).

Redoing the draft just seems unfair to all the GMs who built draft strategies and made other moves based upon how the draft actually went down.

* In fairness to Lucky, I'm not sure that sending a one person list four months before the draft is due diligence by LB17.  Certainly, it's not enough to overturn the entire draft order.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Or, since it was the Commissioner's oversight*, I also think it would be fair to assign LB17 Oladipo, and then give him a compensatory pick next year (maybe 11th overall or something, with the pick not being tradeable).

Redoing the draft just seems unfair to all the GMs who built draft strategies and made other moves based upon how the draft actually went down.

* In fairness to Lucky, I'm not sure that sending a one person list four months before the draft is due diligence by LB17.  Certainly, it's not enough to overturn the entire draft order.

I agree with Roy here. If Mk and LB17 are good with swapping Noel and Oladipo, then that should be it, otherwise a compensatory pick to LB17 next year sounds like a good fix, and leave the draft selections for this year as is.

With all the PMs for draft lists and traded picks that Lucky gets this time of the year, I'm actually impressed that this was the only oversight to date.

« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

I agree with Roy here. If Mk and LB17 are good with swapping Noel and Oladipo, then that should be it, otherwise a compensatory pick to LB17 next year sounds like a good fix, and leave the draft selections for this year as is.

With all the PMs for draft lists and traded picks that Lucky gets this time of the year, I'm actually impressed that this was the only oversight to date.

A compensatory pick, depending on what it is, would work in my case to. Perhaps, we can work this out without messing up the entire draft. I will wait for Lucky's opinion.

Mk
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:51:03 AM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2013, 01:04:43 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

A compensatory pick, depending on what it is, would work in my case to. Perhaps, we can work this out without messing up the entire draft. I will wait for Lucky's opinion.

Mk

After thinking about this some more, I believe compensatory picks should be a last resort to stopping a full blown redraft. The 2014 draft is special, so pushing off an issue this year to next isn't the best option. If it does come down to a pick, IMO it should be #13, between the lotto teams and the playoff teams. It should also be intelligible for the lottery and not tradable until the offseason.

Here are my suggestion as to fixing this in order of best to worst.

1. Keep the draft as-is and LB17 & I work out a trade, VO for Noel or a bigger deal.
2. Do the redraft 1-7, but someone and I workout a deal for Porter(or Len depending on BDubs$.
3. Comp pick to LB17 or me.
4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Also, what is the best way to reach LB17. I never hear back on my PMs.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is a tough one - in order to fix the unfairness to LB17, we'd wind up being unfair to just about everyone who picked afterward. 

I agree that if the Oladipo/Noel trade is ok with both parties we can call an end to it.  But redrafting seems like multiplying the initial mistake. 

I also agree that a one-person list in May isn't something you can reasonably expect to be honored in mid-September.  We should fix it if we can but missing the pick is no knock on Lucky.

« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
This is a tough one - in order to fix the unfairness to LB17, we'd wind up being unfair to just about everyone who picked afterward. 

I agree that if the Oladipo/Noel trade is ok with both parties we can call an end to it.  But redrafting seems like multiplying the initial mistake. 

I also agree that a one-person list in May isn't something you can reasonably expect to be honored in mid-September.  We should fix it if we can but missing the pick is no knock on Lucky.

Lucky is surely not to blame and neither is LB17 IMO. Stuff just happens sometimes. That said, I think we can resolve this w/o too much damage.
Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Lucky is surely not to blame and neither is LB17 IMO. Stuff just happens sometimes. That said, I think we can resolve this w/o too much damage.
Mk

If you're fine with Oladipo, I'd say that Lucky should just make the de facto "trade" now.  LB17 gets his guy, you get a great value at #7, and nobody else has any major reason to complain.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Mk

I guess what I'm saying is you guys can pry Canuck Olwitzki from my cold dead hands.

« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

Mk

I guess what I'm saying is you guys can pry Canuck Olwitzki from my cold dead hands.

TP
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I was given pretty much no heads up whatsoever I even had a team and then tried to make picks during the draft and was told that pick was past so I officially do not care

« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

Mk

After thinking about this some more, I believe compensatory picks should be a last resort to stopping a full blown redraft. The 2014 draft is special, so pushing off an issue this year to next isn't the best option. If it does come down to a pick, IMO it should be #13, between the lotto teams and the playoff teams. It should also be intelligible for the lottery and not tradable until the offseason.

Here are my suggestion as to fixing this in order of best to worst.

1. Keep the draft as-is and LB17 & I work out a trade, VO for Noel or a bigger deal.
2. Do the redraft 1-7, but someone and I workout a deal for Porter(or Len depending on BDubs$.
3. Comp pick to LB17 or me.
4. Draft amegedon.

Any other ideas?

Also, what is the best way to reach LB17. I never hear back on my PMs.

Mk

This may be fair to LB17 and MK - but now I get screwed out of Oladipo at #4, No?  I also made a lot of trades to get a high pick and prefer Oladipo.  I still think the way Lucky proposed to handle it is the best way.  Mk will have his choice of anyone else on the board where his pick is.

I understand that he wanted Noel, but the fact is that if everything went as it should have, noel would not be available at his pick and Oladipo would be available at mine.
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Tough to untangle, but as long as this situation stays in flux I'd recommend we forbid processing any trades involving 2013 draft picks until it's settled.