Author Topic: CB Draft Western Semis: (2) Blazers vs. (3) Lakers  (Read 25267 times)

Re: CB Draft Western Semis: (2) Blazers vs. (3) Lakers
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2012, 11:27:15 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Gay is gonna get Chandler'd for the most part.  It's not an ideal defensive matchup but I'd prefer to keep Johnson rested on Allen and let Wilson Chandler put in the effort to check Gay.

That's probably the best option, only problem is this is what happens when rudy plays Wilson:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=gayru01&p2=chandwi01

What happens is Wilson Chandler goes up to Mike D'Antoni and says "First David lee at center, now Zach Randolph?!"

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
For those with a vote and waiting till midnight, my final arguemment:

Dwight Howard is going to run absolutely wild in this series.

Offensively, he cannot be checked by 2 glorified power forwards...which is what they are when compared to Howard. 

He is going to shoot over them, he is going to establish post position against them, and he is going to SKY over them for alley-oops, put back dunks and a slew of offensive and defensive rebounds.

Add to that nightmare for the Lakers is Joe Johnson, arguably the second best player in this series.

Add to that the better pure point guard in Rubio over Lowry.  Rubio WILL effectively manage this Blazer offense because that's just what he does.  Lowry, for the jack of all trades that he is, is not the offensive facilitator that Rubio is and will have again proven to be come April 2013.

The Howard/Millsap v. Aldridge/Horford matchup is a big checkmark PORTLAND.

The Joe Johnson v. Tony Allen battle is a big checkmark PORTLAND.

The point guard spot, in terms of fit and past h2h's, is very close but is a slight edge for PORTLAND.

What your left with is Rudy Gay putting an entire team on his back and carrying them to the NBA Finals over THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN BASKETBALL and a grouping of stars and terrific role players.

All I'm sayin is if Dwight Howard can take the likes of Rashard Lewis, Turk, Raefer Alston, and Courtney Lee to the NBA Finals, i think he's got what it takes with a talent grouping like this.

Should be close tomorrow, either way I think Dallas is going down.  G'Night y'all.  Happy blogging.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
DION WAITERS, Y'ALL!