Author Topic: CB Draft Wrap Up: What Did You Like, What Could Be Better?  (Read 20475 times)

Re: CB Draft Wrap Up: What Did You Like, What Could Be Better?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I also feel like we should have another draft that is a mixture of CB Draft and CB Long Term Keeper H2H League

You buy players instead of picking them
there is keepers

and well the rest will be like the cb draft with playoffs, totf.
I was thinking about that as well. My guess is that it'd terribly difficult to do, but id abolutely love to do it.

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I also feel like we should have another draft that is a mixture of CB Draft and CB Long Term Keeper H2H League

there is keepers

I was thinking about that as well. My guess is that it'd terribly difficult to do, but id abolutely love to do it.

Yea i really like this idea as this year LeBron won the CB Draft and well he was taken by the first pick but with this type of draft everyone would have gotten a chance to get him.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

there is keepers

Yea i really like this idea as this year LeBron won the CB Draft and well he was taken by the first pick but with this type of draft everyone would have gotten a chance to get him.

Everyone did have a chance to get him via trade. Durant was traded. I would've moved Wade (and nearly did) if someone made the right offer.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Everyone did have a chance to get him via trade. Durant was traded. I would've moved Wade (and nearly did) if someone made the right offer.

I really dont think they were looking to move him and if they were they would have probably wanted 3 stars. I really do think this would be a fun thing to do though.

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 05:44:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I really dont think they were looking to move him and if they were they would have probably wanted 3 stars. I really do think this would be a fun thing to do though.

Meh, an auction-style draft is one I'd probably sit out. Lord knows I won't help run it. It's a major headache waiting to happen.

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 05:50:59 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Meh, an auction-style draft is one I'd probably sit out. Lord knows I won't help run it. It's a major headache waiting to happen.

i think as long as we make it a 12 hour auction it will be fine (by this i mean if someone bids on a player and no one bids on that player for 12 hours then the guy wins him.)

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 05:58:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

i think as long as we make it a 12 hour auction it will be fine (by this i mean if someone bids on a player and no one bids on that player for 12 hours then the guy wins him.)

No offense intended at all, but you have no idea how much of a pita the regular draft is to run. WalkerWiggle was very low key in his complaining about updating the board, but between that, trades, running your own team, answering critiques about your own team/critiquing others, people with complaints/questions, and tryin to actually have a life, it's just...a lot.

Now extend drafting by at least a week and keeping track of auction prices...no way hombre.

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

No offense intended at all, but you have no idea how much of a pita the regular draft is to run. WalkerWiggle was very low key in his complaining about updating the board, but between that, trades, running your own team, answering critiques about your own team/critiquing others, people with complaints/questions, and tryin to actually have a life, it's just...a lot.

Now extend drafting by at least a week and keeping track of auction prices...no way hombre.

Offended, of course im kidding i know you guys have to do alot for every draft
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 06:13:13 PM by ronaldo943 »

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 06:13:29 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
For starters, I was not a participant in this year's draft, but a spectator.  This is the only problem I had.

- Crammage happened.  By that I mean too many series were crammed together on the same day, and I had trouble analyzing each one.  I suggest a round of the playoffs lasts one week.  I know this extends the season, but it's easier for both GMs and spectators.

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 07:25:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, for perspective, we wouldn't have traded Lebron for Durant + Bynum.  I can't think of a trade we would have done.  If IP had offered Wade + Bosh + Holiday, I still think we would have passed (although Edgar might have tried to get me off my crazy pills).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I say no more co-GMs. Honestly I liked that Nick and Rondo each had their own team. It made it better for more teams being involved consistently.

I didn't like Kc and SO doing a team together. Or Lucky and Rebus. Not b/c they had an extra advantage but b/c they are proven owners who get involved and stay involved within the the process.

Ok. I am changing my tune a little. Having Ronaldo step in and help JSD was big. JSD basically quit, so I liked that Ronaldo was there. Lol even if he was a pain to go to battle with  ;)

I think some GMs, like myself, shouldn't be allowed to be a Co-GM. There are some of us on here, like IP, that really enjoy this game and will participate in it 90-100%. Those people shouldn't have a co-gm and that should be looked at as a good thing.

The more involved teams the better. But the more involved GMs that team up, then the less likely it is that more teams consistently stay involved. The CB Draft is fun and there are several of us on here who like putting the GM hat on and going to work. Those people should have to be on their own for the overall betterment of the game.

Basically to be told you can't have a co-gm is a sign of respect.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I say no more co-GMs. Honestly I liked that Nick and Rondo each had their own team. It made it better for more teams being involved consistently.

I didn't like Kc and SO doing a team together. Or Lucky and Rebus. Not b/c they had an extra advantage but b/c they are proven owners who get involved and stay involved within the the process.

Ok. I am changing my tune a little. Having Ronaldo step in and help JSD was big. JSD basically quit, so I liked that Ronaldo was there. Lol even if he was a pain to go to battle with  ;)

I think some GMs, like myself, shouldn't be allowed to be a Co-GM. There are some of us on here, like IP, that really enjoy this game and will participate in it 90-100%. Those people shouldn't have a co-gm and that should be looked at as a good thing.

The more involved teams the better. But the more involved GMs that team up, then the less likely it is that more teams consistently stay involved. The CB Draft is fun and there are several of us on here who like putting the GM hat on and going to work. Those people should have to be on their own for the overall betterment of the game.

It's a good thought.  The only issue is that a lot of times the reason somebody gets a co-GM is because they're not going to be around for a part of the draft.  It's tough to punish those GMs by not allowing them to find somebody else to help them out.

But your point is a legit one.  The more good GMs, the better the experience.  Maybe that allows us to go back to more than 24 teams, maybe it stops folks from dropping out, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Also too many co-GMs. Three high volume posters and guys who never miss a vote were co-GMs this year. That means less debate, less voting, less of a draft.

Not saying we should outlaw co-GMs, just that I personally think an unintended consequence of it is we get less from both guys than we would if they were their own team.

Ha just read this.

Basically what I was saying. Maybe if you are a first year or second year GM then you can have a co-GM. But after that unless for some reason the Mods feel your track record doesn't earn the prestige of "not being allowed a Co-GM" then in your third year and on you have to go solo.

Also maybe tie-breakers could be decided on teams with a single GM vs teams with a Co-GM.

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

It's a good thought.  The only issue is that a lot of times the reason somebody gets a co-GM is because they're not going to be around for a part of the draft.  It's tough to punish those GMs by not allowing them to find somebody else to help them out.

But your point is a legit one.  The more good GMs, the better the experience.  Maybe that allows us to go back to more than 24 teams, maybe it stops folks from dropping out, etc.

I feel that.

But I think the people who really Love doing this.

Which is about 10-15 of us, will make the necessary arrangements to make sure our team stays as competitive as possible. Sending a list. etc.

I am confident that the nickagenta, Edgar, Roy H, KCatthestripe, StartOrien, Lucky17, IndeedProceed, etc. type people will do what is necessary to make sure their team is ok even if there are time constraints they experience.

Agains for those who are told you can't have a Co-GM means you are viewed as one of the best GMs on CelticsBlog. It's not a punishment but a sign of respect.

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
For starters, I was not a participant in this year's draft, but a spectator.  This is the only problem I had.

- Crammage happened.  By that I mean too many series were crammed together on the same day, and I had trouble analyzing each one.  I suggest a round of the playoffs lasts one week.  I know this extends the season, but it's easier for both GMs and spectators.

Another good point.  Is it possible to prevent fatigue and GMs dropping off?