Author Topic: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"  (Read 405795 times)

Re: 2012 - CB Draft: "How's My Team Look?"
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
The Pacers
PG  Rondo

PF (or C) Monroe

Unless you can get a center with a strong jump-shot and high post game, I think you'll almost definitely be better off with Monroe as a center alongside Rondo.

Two bigs that lack a jump shot would be difficult with Rondo in the halfcourt. Spacing wise.

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
CB Draft Phoenix Suns:
1. Steve Nash
2. ?
3. ?
4. Kevin Love
5. Joakim Noah

I really like this team and the fit. Need a guy who can get his own on the wing as well as a great perimeter defender. If you can get one of each for the 2 and the 3 then I think you have something special.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:30 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
PG: Nene
SG: ?
SF: ?
PF: Lamarcus Alridge
C: Al Horford

I feel like all of these guys are at their best when they are playing PF. I would move one of them. Most likely Horford for a very good pick and pop/roll PG.

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Philly:

pg: Ty Lawson
sg: Arron Afflalo
sf: Paul Pierce
pf: Paul Millsap
c:

I like my team so far given the options I had. Three up and comers lead by the veteran captain. Solid outside shooting and defense, more so on the perimeter. Without a center, we obviously lack real size and rebounds.

Will look for a center with my next pick or should I get anxious, I'll look into trading for a current center.  

I would move Pierce. Don't think he would like being on a team that likely won't be able to contend right away.

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I will have time to make comment later (maybe.  Wife's birthday)

The Pacers
PG  Rondo

SF (or SG) Batum

PF (or C) Monroe

This might be my favorite for Team of the Future. You need shooting now to space the floor for RR.

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I hesitate to even ask, because I think the annual strategy is "tear down the team with Lebron".  Regardless:

Brand
Lebron
Granger
Joey Crawford
Lowry

This will be a very good defensive team. I hope Granger gets to defend LeBron in practice  ;)

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
How about Detroit?

PG: Paul
SG
SF: Gay
PF
C: Varajao

I love CP3 and Gay. That is a great pairing. I have never liked Andy. I would look to RIPRED and see if you can move him for Josh Smith. Otherwise I think you need a big who can get his on the block and protect the rim.

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Offensively, Bosh and Pekovic work.  Defensively, though, I think it's a very weak combo.  Bosh is, as Shaq said, the "Ru Paul of big men".  He's soft.  Like, Downy fabric softener soft.  Pekovic isn't a good defender, either.  He's great at giving hard fouls -- something he does a lot -- but he's not all that good in terms of the fundamentals. 

This is the Roy Hobbs I know and love. If hyperbole were food, you'd be able to feed Africa.

Chris Bosh is not 'soft'. He not KG with his intensity, and he's not Kenyon Martin with his sheer brutishness, but he's not soft. Not with how he played in the playoffs through pain, hustling for boards, giving up the body, Bosh can't be called soft anymore than Pau Gasol can. Unless you want to rate everyone on old reputations, cuz if that's the case I've got some terrible news for you about Lebron.

As far a Pekovic, he does not foul a lot. This is not a supportable claim. He used to, Hollinger said he did in his player blurb in 2011, but he seems to have solved that particular issue somewhere along the way to being a 17 and 10 guy.

And for those of you uninitiated, Roy dropped a 'Complisult', which I followed up on with playoffs level snark. It how the CB Draft rolls

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I hesitate to even ask, because I think the annual strategy is "tear down the team with Lebron".  Regardless:

Brand
Lebron
Granger
Joey Crawford
Lowry

I think your team is in very strong shape. A title contender.

The LeBron, Granger and Lowry trio is very impressive. I think they'll work very well together and form the core to a title contender by themselves. In my eyes, it's just matter of getting the right role players and balance now. The bigger roles are already filled.

Elton Brand was a surprising choice at center. Not completely sold on him as a starting center. I do definitely think he can give you good minutes there though. At least 20-25 minutes a night. And if necessary, I think you could get away with him a starter and still field a Championship caliber roster. So long as the rest of the positions are in strong shape (which they currently are).

I do like having a skilled center along with LeBron. Someone with a jump shot shot which Brand has. I think he is a reasonable enough defender at center. His lack of height will cause some problems at times but he's a strong guy (physically/mentally) with excellent length with a very good understanding of how to play team defense. His lack of foot-speed at PF isn't an issue at center.

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Also I can't even post in this thread with my phone because y'all are blowing it up.

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 08:16:11 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Offensively, Bosh and Pekovic work.  Defensively, though, I think it's a very weak combo.  Bosh is, as Shaq said, the "Ru Paul of big men".  He's soft.  Like, Downy fabric softener soft.  Pekovic isn't a good defender, either.  He's great at giving hard fouls -- something he does a lot -- but he's not all that good in terms of the fundamentals. 

This is the Roy Hobbs I know and love. If hyperbole were food, you'd be able to feed Africa.

Chris Bosh is not 'soft'. He not KG with his intensity, and he's not Kenyon Martin with his sheer brutishness, but he's not soft. Not with how he played in the playoffs through pain, hustling for boards, giving up the body, Bosh can't be called soft anymore than Pau Gasol can. Unless you want to rate everyone on old reputations, cuz if that's the case I've got some terrible news for you about Lebron.

As far a Pekovic, he does not foul a lot. This is not a supportable claim. He used to, Hollinger said he did in his player blurb in 2011, but he seems to have solved that particular issue somewhere along the way to being a 17 and 10 guy.

And for those of you uninitiated, Roy dropped a 'Complisult', which I followed up on with playoffs level snark. It how the CB Draft rolls

Pau Gasol is a much more physical player than Chris Bosh.

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 08:17:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
CB Draft: Utah Jazz

PG - Deron Williams
SF - Danilo Gallinari
PF - Zach Randolph

I think the team is in good shape offensively. Top three options in place. Next few picks will likely have more of a defensive focus.

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
CB Draft: Utah Jazz

PG - Deron Williams
SF - Danilo Gallinari
PF - Zach Randolph

I think the team is in good shape offensively. Top three options in place. Next few picks will likely have more of a defensive focus.

I really like this team a lot. Good balance, and I think theres a lot of good players that'd compliment you well.

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
C - Al Jefferson
PF - Josh Smith
SF
SG
PG - Brandon Jennings

I personally value Jefferson a lot higher than most of the managers; he's very consistent and quietly puts up big numbers out in Utah. His defense may be a little suspect, but he's good for a few blocks here and there.

I'd like to shake things up a little bit, but I haven't really found any trades that catch my eye.

I actually like the Al Jefferson and Josh Smith combination. I am surprised so many feel it's a bad fit. I think Big Al needs a strong and mobile defensive PF alongside him and Josh Smith certainly brings that to the table. I also like having as talented an offensive big man alongside Josh Smith on the other end. I think they will work well together.

I am not, however, a big fan of Big Al. I consider him more of a finishing piece as a third or fourth best player on a title team rather than a guy you build around. So selecting Big Al in the first round put your team behind quite a lot in my eyes.

I also think that Brandon Jennings will have some problems fitting in offensively with a high usage low post scorer like Big Al. Jennings needs to have the ball in his hands a lot to be effective. Not sure they can share the wealth and keep everyone else involved. I don't like the fit there.

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Pau Gasol is a much more physical player than Chris Bosh.

Since 2009.