Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 29866 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Quote from: Phantom255x link=topic=99 8)017.msg2622729#msg2622729 date=1549569692
Well now we'll likely have about 4-5 months to convince him that Boston is a great place to play. Hope it works.
Why only 4-5 months? After we trade for him we will have until October 2020 to sign him. That's a lot longer than 4-5 months. Also, Davis won't be signing any long term extension. It's most likely, to max out his earnings potential he signs a series of one year deals until he hits his max 35% of cap salary level and signs a big multi-year deal.

That makes sense. I'd say first step obviously is still to keep Kyrie but I think now Kyrie can also communicate the possibility of them (AD + Kyrie) teaming up in Boston. C's can offer Kyrie 188M while others 139M and now they may be a true front runner besides NYK to land AD.

That's a nice selling point.
If a Davis trade is made it most likely will be leaked around the draft as Boston would be drafting for New Orleans. Then a week later it will be announced on July 1st, the first day teams can announce that they have come to agreements with free agents, Boston will announce that Kyrie will be re-signing. Then the trade will be finalized over the summer.

If I am everyone here, this is what I would expect to be happening early this summer. So relax and enjoy this run for the Celtics. They will be getting even better this summer.

Maybe Kyrie can help out with recruiting at the All Star Break, although it's also a bit concerning they are both on the same team as... Lebron  :-\  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Hmm yeah... I don't want the C's to be the Pelicans for a year.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Quote from: Phantom255x link=topic=99 8)017.msg2622729#msg2622729 date=1549569692
Well now we'll likely have about 4-5 months to convince him that Boston is a great place to play. Hope it works.
Why only 4-5 months? After we trade for him we will have until October 2020 to sign him. That's a lot longer than 4-5 months. Also, Davis won't be signing any long term extension. It's most likely, to max out his earnings potential he signs a series of one year deals until he hits his max 35% of cap salary level and signs a big multi-year deal.

That makes sense. I'd say first step obviously is still to keep Kyrie but I think now Kyrie can also communicate the possibility of them (AD + Kyrie) teaming up in Boston. C's can offer Kyrie 188M while others 139M and now they may be a true front runner besides NYK to land AD.

If a Davis trade is made it most likely will be leaked around the draft as Boston would be drafting for New Orleans. Then a week later it will be announced on July 1st, the first day teams can announce that they have come to agreements with free agents, Boston will announce that Kyrie will be re-signing. Then the trade will be finalized over the summer.

If I am everyone here, this is what I would expect to be happening early this summer. So relax and enjoy this run for the Celtics. They will be getting even better this summer.

Maybe Kyrie can help out with recruiting at the All Star Break, although it's also a bit concerning they are both on the same team as... Lebron  :-\  :P

Yeo. Kyrie, Lebron, and AD all on the same All Star team. There are going to be some interesting conversations.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeo. Kyrie, Lebron, and AD all on the same All Star team. There are going to be some interesting conversations.

We weren't on Kyrie's list either 2 years ago so his FA decision will be interesting to monitor also.

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Tatum looking really good again the past month or so.

I am very wary of trading him.

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
This isn't AD news but did anyone hear Ainge talking about Kyrie on T&R?  He basically said that he views the Kyrie situation as an "engagement" and that he is expecting a "marriage" to take place on July 1st.  I doubt Ainge would have said something like that if he wasn't on the same page with Kyrie. 

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Toucher or rich (I have no idea who's who) seems to think AD to Boston is already a done deal.

I just have a bad feeling that this 'no brainer' trade is going to bite us in the arse in the long run.

Personally I don't see automatic championships from pairing AD and Kyrie while trading off a chunk of our young talent, particularly Tatum.

Okc part 2.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:58:35 AM by CF033 »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Tatum looking really good again the past month or so.

I am very wary of trading him.

Toucher or rich (I have no idea who's who) seems to think AD to Boston is already a done deal.

I just have a bad feeling that this 'no brainer' trade is going to bite us in the arse in the long run.

Personally I don't see automatic championships from pairing AD and Kyrie while trading off a chunk of our young talent, particularly Tatum.

Okc part 2.

The worst case scenario is AD comes here, plays a year, then bolts for LAL.

That and/or Kyrie walking away in FA this summer (but I'm confident he stays).

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Uh oh, that's not a good sign. Those guys never get anything right when it comes to basketball.

BTW, if AD's father is actually upset about the way the Celtics treated IT, I hope he watched the way that LeBron and the Lakers held the entire ****' team out to dry over the past week.

Mike

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Okc part 2.

Unless NYK lands the #1 pick or PHI offers Simmons in a deal, then I think Boston now has the advantage. LAL will focus on FA's I imagine and I don't know if they can outbid Boston if they couldn't even do it w/o Boston yesterday. Most of their expirings comes off the books so they could absorb AD in a trade but not have enough cap space for another star, while also not having the young core anymore since they would be traded.

Question still is, is it worth it for us if he's just a rental?

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Uh oh, that's not a good sign. Those guys never get anything right when it comes to basketball.

BTW, if AD's father is actually upset about the way the Celtics treated IT, I hope he watched the way that LeBron and the Lakers held the entire ****' team out to dry over the past week.

Mike

He should probably also look at the fact that Lebron has left teams three times in his career and every time left them in disarray because he forced them to make win-now moves in every way possible. Who knows, by the end of his Lakers contract he may put the Lakers in a similar spot. We already saw they almost traded their entire team for AD  :P

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Forget AD. He wants to join the Fakers. So be it

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If Ainge could somehow get the Pelicans to take on Hayward's contract and keep Tatum, that would be sweet. Something like Hayward, Brown, Smart, and a boatload of picks for Davis and Hill's contract. He might try that before offering Tatum with the Pels hoping Hayward can return to all star form. For the Celts, we have a big 3 of Kyrie, AD and Tatum for years to come.

I also wonder if Ainge tries to move up in the draft by consolidating some of his picks. On a side note, Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace hopes their pick conveys to the Celts this summer
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:57:21 PM by gpap »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!