Author Topic: Celtics (2-3) at Heat (3-2) ECF Game #6 9/27/20  (Read 54510 times)

Re: Celtics (2-3) at Heat (3-2) ECF Game #6 9/27/20
« Reply #1290 on: September 28, 2020, 01:16:26 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Perfect example of what a Gen-X type personality Stevens has .................................. He talked post-game 5 about being in the locker room at half. He went over a few minor adjustments, then turned the room over to the players to "share" their feelings on having to win the second half and save their season. "I told them, this is your season and your team, so I'm going to let you talk about that amongst yourselves." Something along those lines.  I'm not against the players interacting and talking things out, but, good grief, maybe do that back at the hotel the night before. During halftime of an elimination game, the head coach should be barking out adjustments and strategies and making demands for effort, rather than having a communal group therapy session.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1291 on: September 28, 2020, 07:40:24 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Hayward killed us and basically has since he started here. He is a very good player until he gets hurt. Then he is toast. I thought he was over it until his latest injury in Philly series but never came back. I would like to trade him. I hope the Celts can trade up in the draft. Brad as a coach I am no longer impressed with.  Never picks the right time to challenge. His rotation at times makes no sense. He was outcoached by Spoelstra for sure. I don't like Miami but I will be rooting for them to beat LA. I have to root when not playing against us for Duncan Robinson kid from NH.  Tyler Herro has become a stud. I am happy to see some real growth from Grant Williams and Robert Williams. This has been a crazy year and a crazy season. You have to think that if they were actually playing in the Garden for their home games that the outcome in the 1st couple of games could have been different. I think Miami got all the calls even though my son calls me Tommy Heinsohn but seriously they got all the calls. Better luck going forward for the Celts. See you next year.

« Reply #1292 on: September 28, 2020, 08:02:54 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Biggest problem and one of this team's consistent problems is not playing up to their potential for 48 minutes a game, they have these awful lulls where they play stupid in every single game and that's what Miami capitalized on and simply played harder/smarter more consistently...didn't hurt miami either that they got all the role player performances they needed at the right times to win a playoff series

« Reply #1293 on: September 28, 2020, 10:22:44 AM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Perfect example of what a Gen-X type personality Stevens has .................................. He talked post-game 5 about being in the locker room at half. He went over a few minor adjustments, then turned the room over to the players to "share" their feelings on having to win the second half and save their season. "I told them, this is your season and your team, so I'm going to let you talk about that amongst yourselves." Something along those lines.  I'm not against the players interacting and talking things out, but, good grief, maybe do that back at the hotel the night before. During halftime of an elimination game, the head coach should be barking out adjustments and strategies and making demands for effort, rather than having a communal group therapy session.

His strategy kinda worked very well until 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The team came back strong after half time and did great in the beggining of the 4th quarter.