Author Topic: Could Jaren Jackson warrant a trade into this draft if no LA pick  (Read 4596 times)

Re: Could Jaren Jackson warrant a trade into this draft if no LA pick
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2018, 06:32:04 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So Jaren Jackson is basically a Serge Ibaka type of player?  Is that worth giving up a top 5 pick?
Prime Serge Ibaka was a 15/8 guy with 2.5 blocks with really good shooting. That’s not a bad deal

Serge Ibaka in his prime was a very good player.  But he was no franchise player. 

We're not talking about the next Anthony Davis or KAT or even a Cousins level talent.

Now if someone tells me Jackson's ceiling is Davis, I'd look at him with different eyes.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
If we are sitting at 5, top 4 of Ayton/Bagley/Doncic/Bamba are gone, and Porter is flagged medically still, Ainge would 100% draft Young, IMO. Cheapest and best insurance policy to Kyrie's contract length we could find. It would help in no way in the negotiation process with Kyrie, but in case he were to have a change of heart again and leave, we would have Young to fall back on, and he would have 2 years experience behind Irving.

Of course if a team like Chicago/Charlotte (likely in the 8-11 range) were dumb enough to offer their unprotected 2018 1st for a swap with us at #5, I think that would be enough for DA to pull the trigger, and get another swing at a Tatum-esque return.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The premise of this thread is flawed.

The Celtics will not have enough ammunition Ainge would be willing to part with to trade into the lottery of this year's draft. No team is going to trade us a top 10 pick for the Kings/Sixers pick. We'd have to use one of Brown/Tatum to trade into a lottery pick, and Ainge won't do that.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So Jaren Jackson is basically a Serge Ibaka type of player?  Is that worth giving up a top 5 pick?
Prime Serge Ibaka was a 15/8 guy with 2.5 blocks with really good shooting. That’s not a bad deal

Serge Ibaka in his prime was a very good player.  But he was no franchise player. 

We're not talking about the next Anthony Davis or KAT or even a Cousins level talent.

Now if someone tells me Jackson's ceiling is Davis, I'd look at him with different eyes.
Ah, I didn't notice the top 5 pick bit. I wouldn't take him top 5, but in that 7-10 range he is money
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

If someone tells you Jackson's ceiling is Davis you should disregard anything they ever say.

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:03 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
As the college season has progressed I now think its safe to say the answer to my original post is a resounding YES.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 08:16:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The problem with this idea is that teams are very reluctant to trade a high pick in a pending draft for a high pick in a future draft.  Usually that team sucks, which is why it has a high draft pick, and is under intense pressure to get someone in the current draft

I could not agree more, there is a lot of magical thinking on this board that simply is not based in reality.

Sometimes I wonder if the posters believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa as some of these trade ideas assume that other teams will not act in their interest.   Any thread that starts with realistic trade is usually a perfect example of a delusion.  Note that I am not naming this one in that grouping.

NEWSFLASH, the NBA does not do trades like NBA VIDEO GAMES.

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 05:59:27 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Jaren Jackson would be perfect for this team.  He has high-risk high reward written all over him.  His season with MSU has highlighted exactly what teams value, stretching the floor, excellent defense, and athleticism.  The biggest threat we all seem to be overlooking is this isn't his team.  He has infrequently led this team and usually is a no-show in big games.  I still think he would be perfect for the Celtics, but I'm not willing to pay a kings' ransom. 

If he stays, which I highly doubt, he would be a prime candidate I'd want in the draft.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I really love this year's draft and I think it is the perfect chance to get a big to go with our young core and succeed Al Horford.

I do wonder if a team could be enticed to give up their pick for the kings pick plus other picks. If it was possible I'd much rather trade for a high first, than wait for the Kings/Memphis or Clippers pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19