Author Topic: Random I know...but has anyone seen Adventureland?  (Read 2200 times)

Random I know...but has anyone seen Adventureland?
« on: April 07, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I just got back from seeing it...and maybe my hopes for it were too high.

With a combination of it being the same director who did Superbad, the cast they had for the movie, and it also getting rave reviews from almost every critic out there, I thought it was going to be hilarious.

But it was nowhere near as funny as I thought it was going to be.  It had a couple of good one-liners, but overall it was actually a bit more serious than I thought it was going to be.

I saw it with 2 of my friends, 1 guy and 1 girl, and I feel kind of weird when I say this being a guy but the girl I went with described it as being "cute" and thats really the only way I can describe it.

Maybe my hopes shouldn't be as high for Observe and Report.

Re: Random I know...but has anyone seen Adventureland?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:58:48 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I just got back from seeing it...and maybe my hopes for it were too high.

With a combination of it being the same director who did Superbad, the cast they had for the movie, and it also getting rave reviews from almost every critic out there, I thought it was going to be hilarious.

But it was nowhere near as funny as I thought it was going to be.  It had a couple of good one-liners, but overall it was actually a bit more serious than I thought it was going to be.

I saw it with 2 of my friends, 1 guy and 1 girl, and I feel kind of weird when I say this being a guy but the girl I went with described it as being "cute" and thats really the only way I can describe it.

Maybe my hopes shouldn't be as high for Observe and Report.

The review I had heard was that they didn't go for the easy laughs (you are totally right, this movie was primed for comedy!). They did intend to cut against the grain and make the flick stand out as more serious.  Never fear, there's some really tempting movies coming out at end of month - Wolverine, Star Trek:  The Teen Years (or whatever), etc.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 10:02:41 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
wolverine....interesting

wolverine better have a battle with sabertooth..

but i never heard of the movie mentioned

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:30:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
A) Not random at all, thats why there is an entertainment forum

B) I heard Bill Hader talking about this on the BS report...he said it was gonna be pretty emotional...maybe its a girlfriend movie

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner