Author Topic: Lucky 17's Points League 2017/18 Offseason trade log and announcements  (Read 13852 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
First trade of off season and I believe I have changed the spreadsheet correctly

Y'all Hate receives from Dirty Disciples
Monta Ellis
Tony Parker
Picks 20,23,40

Dirty Disciples receives from Y'all Hate
Ben McLemore
Dante Exum

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1spHa96xNsAfynx2ncu_Rrj3FFe8OvbaaPGvGipjotrk/edit#gid=1547713434
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:46:11 AM by eja117 »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
interesting trade.

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
What do you think D? 

Hill is a FA... and when G.H. Signs with us Utah will go into full rebuild and Exum will play nasty defense and work on being a descent 10 point, 6 Assist and 4.5 rebounds a game.....  LOL. 
Diggles

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
What do you think D? 

Hill is a FA... and when G.H. Signs with us Utah will go into full rebuild and Exum will play nasty defense and work on being a descent 10 point, 6 Assist and 4.5 rebounds a game.....  LOL.

My biggest fear was that Hill would sign elsewhere opening the door to big minutes for Exum (or conversely, a trade of Exum allowing big minutes).

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
Hill is going back back to the Spurs.... just kidding, i have no clue... He should anyway.  When has he been a FA? When he signed with ATL, or did he get traded there? 
Diggles

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
interesting trade.
At first I thought Diggles got crushed in this trade, but now I am with you. It's just plain interesting to me

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Sometimes I post more than once. Makes it easier for me to find

Toine's Boys sends TB's 2018 2nd

Y'all Hate sends 2017 #26 pick

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Toines Boys receive 2017 #10 pick.

Toine's Boys trade #26 pick and gives Gainesville the right to swap 2018 1sts with TB

Interesting. I will have a tad more to say about this soon. We've never done this that I'm aware of but I don't think we have a rule against it.

I don't have a big problem with it per se. I just want to make sure we're on the same page.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:37:39 AM by eja117 »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Toine's Boys trade #26 pick and gives Gainesville the right to swap 2018 1sts with TB

Interesting. I will have a tad more to say about this soon. We've never done this that I'm aware of but I don't think we have a rule against it.

I think we have done swaps before. It's been a while. I may be mixing up the H2H league.

This is an interesting gamble by GC. It's possible that GC ends up with one of the elite 2018 prospects. For that, it's worth the gamble. At the same time, there will be at least one really good prospect available at #10 this fall.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Just thinking out loud.

I like the league to be as NBAish as possible (in a manner of speaking) partly for simplicity and whatnot.

My research tells me a major reason pick swaps happen is that there is a rule in the NBA that a team can't trade first rounders in consecutive years. So that's why the Celts and Nets pick swapped this year. The Nets COULDN'T trade their pick this year, because the Celts got their picks last year and next. But they could swap.

I care not.

However....to point out...this is why there was/is no danger at all of the Nets trading away a swap righted pick (and really the Celts couldn't either.)

If Toines and Gains do this they have to keep their picks for the year right?  Like Gains can't trade to someone the right to swap with Toines.  By the same token Toines can't trade something or other ....like say to the guy right above Gains thinking "that's where I'll pick anyway"

Like the picks have to be kept and untraded until final standings/lottery takes place and the trade activates or expires.

Then they could conceivably trade their newly acquired (or kept) pick should they want to.

Right?

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Just thinking out loud.

I like the league to be as NBAish as possible (in a manner of speaking) partly for simplicity and whatnot.

My research tells me a major reason pick swaps happen is that there is a rule in the NBA that a team can't trade first rounders in consecutive years. So that's why the Celts and Nets pick swapped this year. The Nets COULDN'T trade their pick this year, because the Celts got their picks last year and next. But they could swap.

I care not.

However....to point out...this is why there was/is no danger at all of the Nets trading away a swap righted pick (and really the Celts couldn't either.)

If Toines and Gains do this they have to keep their picks for the year right?  Like Gains can't trade to someone the right to swap with Toines.  By the same token Toines can't trade something or other ....like say to the guy right above Gains thinking "that's where I'll pick anyway"

Like the picks have to be kept and untraded until final standings/lottery takes place and the trade activates or expires.

Then they could conceivably trade their newly acquired (or kept) pick should they want to.

Right?

I'm good with that explanation. I'm happy with not trading my/GCs 1st next season until after the draft lottery occurs. We execute this deal, I use #10 in this draft, and we keep our picks, non-traceable, until after the draft lottery next year.

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I think we have done swaps before. It's been a while. I may be mixing up the H2H league.

Mk

We def. have in the H2H league (though outlawed mulitple *swaps* and 2nd round swaps/conditions b/c SOMEONE (an ex-GM) was getting out of hand with it).

I think Eja's right -- no rule against it here.

Just thinking out loud.

I care not.

Right?

Actually I'd disagree, though I do think folks should be clear.

In the absence of a rule (or Commish edict) I'd say this is how it works.

The Gainesville Red Claws' pick retains the right to swap with TB's pick.

Obviously I'm betting/hoping that TB finishes lower than the GRC, so unless i get a really good offer am unwilling to trade my pick -- that is eligible to be swapped for TBs.

But let's say Utah get's tired of Gobert and Jokic and offers both for my pick. Utah would get the GRC pick -- which has with it the option of swapping with the TB pick.

Or, let's say Eja offers David Nawaba to TB for his 2018 #1 pick. Eja would be getting the TB with the understanding that while it may be projected as #3 when he dealt for it, is eligible to drop from #3 to #20, where Gainevsille is picking after shocking the league with an improbable title followed by a Celtics-like swap for TB's #3 pick.

-----

TL;DR --- i think the picks can be traded but the swap rights go with the picks to the new owners, they don't stay with Gainesville/Toines.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
That's a fair point. I hadn't thought of it like that. I guess I'd be fine with that if everyone else is I think.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
In the unlikely scenario that yahoo adds a two way contract roster spot (I doubt it will happen. Seems unnecessary) I'd prefer we add it. Just another way to play the game as it changes. That said I have no strong opinion.

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
I agree...

Side note...Brandon Knight tore his ACL.    Anyone interested in trading a 2018 draft picks for him?   
Diggles