Author Topic: Phoenix Suns at Boston Celtics Scrimmage #2 7/26/20  (Read 11253 times)

Re: Phoenix Suns at Boston Celtics Scrimmage #2 7/26/20
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2020, 07:23:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’m only one who isn’t on Robert Williams bandwagon? Said it last 2 years that I just see him as a legit NBA.. hope I’m wrong
He’s already proven that he belongs at the NBA level at worst as a bench big man. That’s a win for a 27th pick.

But I’m sure you’ll keep banging this drum
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Much better than game 1, but:

Tatum continues to struggle taking it to the cup. He scores in bunches with step back, but hasn't been able to finish at the rim. He seems to end up throwing up something weak on the left side that either is blocked or hits side of rim. Maybe just needs his legs to finish better. That never was his strong suit.  Teams are collapsing on him.

Tatum had the exact same difficulty early in the season this year, and then got a lot more confident and successful taking it to the hoop as the games went on.

« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2020, 07:53:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Tatum continues to struggle taking it to the cup. He scores in bunches with step back, but hasn't been able to finish at the rim. He seems to end up throwing up something weak on the left side that either is blocked or hits side of rim. Maybe just needs his legs to finish better. That never was his strong suit.  Teams are collapsing on him.

Tatum had the exact same difficulty early in the season this year, and then got a lot more confident and successful taking it to the hoop as the games went on.
Yeah, I'm chalking that up to rust more than anything.

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I’m only one who isn’t on Robert Williams bandwagon? Said it last 2 years that I just see him as a legit NBA.. hope I’m wrong
He’s already proven that he belongs at the NBA level at worst as a bench big man. That’s a win for a 27th pick.

Hope u right but for now, I just don’t see it..and what have he done to “prove” it..I must been asleep for a long time
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2020, 08:27:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Celtics are definitely one of the more rusty looking teams so far.  Luckily, it's all just a warm-up for the playoffs anyway.

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2020, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Hope u right but for now, I just don’t see it..and what have he done to “prove” it..I must been asleep for a long time
He was literally a decent bench piece already this season. If he can stay healthy, that pick is already a win. It only stands to reason that he'll improve on his 4PPG, 5RPG, near 70% shooting from the field alongside great steal and block production, and all-around strong defence. That's pretty useful on most teams. Jordan Bell helped GSW win a ring doing just that.

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Wonder if Robert Williams can be our Jeff Green but plays 4/5. Meaning he's not a 3rd-stringer and he might be the 7th man off the bench?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2020, 09:22:39 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Celtics are definitely one of the more rusty looking teams so far.  Luckily, it's all just a warm-up for the playoffs anyway.

Waiting for Tatum to put up 40 points now

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2020, 11:11:24 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Good win!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Tatum continues to struggle taking it to the cup. He scores in bunches with step back, but hasn't been able to finish at the rim. He seems to end up throwing up something weak on the left side that either is blocked or hits side of rim. Maybe just needs his legs to finish better. That never was his strong suit.  Teams are collapsing on him. He needs to learn to dish out to the open guy more when that happens.  Don't mean to bash on him. His D was good, and his outside shot starting to look sweet again.

Man, Jaylen Brown is a basketball player. His game has developed so nicely.  Wish Scal would shut up calling him our number 3 option. That is ridiculous. He is 1B, if Tatum is 1A.   

Time Lord is staying much more grounded. He is really working hard to stay in position, so you won't see as many blocked shots. But his overall defense is getting better.
I think Tatum's regressed back to where he was at the start of the season, poor vision and passing ability with a tendency to overdribble and lock into a scoring mode while being pretty poor at driving.

Jaylen just needs to start working on his on-ball skills, with passing and PnR reads being the things that he needs to improve on besides isolation scoring.

Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2020, 12:30:31 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Tatum continues to struggle taking it to the cup. He scores in bunches with step back, but hasn't been able to finish at the rim. He seems to end up throwing up something weak on the left side that either is blocked or hits side of rim. Maybe just needs his legs to finish better. That never was his strong suit.  Teams are collapsing on him. He needs to learn to dish out to the open guy more when that happens.  Don't mean to bash on him. His D was good, and his outside shot starting to look sweet again.

Man, Jaylen Brown is a basketball player. His game has developed so nicely.  Wish Scal would shut up calling him our number 3 option. That is ridiculous. He is 1B, if Tatum is 1A.   

Time Lord is staying much more grounded. He is really working hard to stay in position, so you won't see as many blocked shots. But his overall defense is getting better.
I think Tatum's regressed back to where he was at the start of the season, poor vision and passing ability with a tendency to overdribble and lock into a scoring mode while being pretty poor at driving.

Jaylen just needs to start working on his on-ball skills, with passing and PnR reads being the things that he needs to improve on besides isolation scoring.

Yeah I don't think we can contend for a championship this season if he's playing like he did tonight, on a consistent basis.

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2020, 01:13:05 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Yeah I don't think we can contend for a championship this season if he's playing like he did tonight, on a consistent basis.
Eh I think we can if Smart and Jaylen get a larger roles in the Celtics offence and the latter starts developing some on-ball skills while Kemba/Hayward round into form. Just need Brad to relegate Tatum to a quick burst isolation role if his regression continues.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:03 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Whatever sparked JTs confidence after the all-star game is still in there - just needs to blossom again. Every time I start to think maybe JB is overtaking JT, Tatum brings it to another level. This time we know for that the next level is there. 

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2020, 08:44:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Whatever sparked JTs confidence after the all-star game is still in there - just needs to blossom again. Every time I start to think maybe JB is overtaking JT, Tatum brings it to another level. This time we know for that the next level is there.
Don't think Jaylen has improved all that much except for showing better touch and finishing around the rim, it's Tatum who has regressed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2020, 09:16:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Tatum will be fine. It seems to me he is treating these games like they don't matter (they don't), but that's not really the level of 'excitement' you want to see out of a 3rd year player. I am hoping he's not just simply PO'd that he has to be away from his son and is forced to play basketball again.

Once the games mean something, he should conceivably go into lethal Tatum mode once again. Also, getting back into basketball shape takes a little time. Wasn't he singled out as a player who hadn't touched a basketball for months?