Author Topic: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (20-62, #1)  (Read 348597 times)

Re: The Official 2016-2017 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (8-30, #1 on 1/12)
« Reply #1200 on: January 13, 2017, 11:44:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Philly won too.  Don't look now, they're 5-5 in their last 10 games and on a franchise record 3 game win streak.
They are 8-7 since December 8th.

And they still have the 5th-worst record in the NBA.  Quality team.

Meanwhile, the Celtics are 12-3 in their last 15, but keep celebrating Philly's month of mediocrity after 3+ years of embarrassing basketball.
8-7 with Embiid limited to 28 minutes per game and Simmons yet to suit up.

8 wins over the 20/20 Hornets and 6 other non-playoff teams in the:

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

Truly "impressive."  ::)

Impressive for what was basically the worst team in the NBA for what like 5 years, more?
if you guys aren't watching Embiid right now you are missing out on the most entertaining player we've seen in years. 

« Reply #1201 on: January 13, 2017, 11:45:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Philly won too.  Don't look now, they're 5-5 in their last 10 games and on a franchise record 3 game win streak.

Meanwhile, the Celtics are 12-3 in their last 15, but keep celebrating Philly's month of mediocrity after 3+ years of embarrassing basketball.

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

Impressive for what was basically the worst team in the NBA for what like 5 years, more?
if you guys aren't watching Embiid right now you are missing out on the most entertaining player we've seen in years.
more entertaining right now Thomas or Embiid?

Im taking Thomas, but Embiid is a blast.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1202 on: January 13, 2017, 11:50:43 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Looking like it's going to come down to Miami (most concern), Phoenix (2nd most) and Philly (3rd most). Dallas should be OK barring injury and same with Minnesota.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #1203 on: January 13, 2017, 11:54:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

5 years ago they took us to 7 games in the second round of the playoffs.  They aren't the Kings.  I can't believe how excited people get on this board for a team that is 12-25 but has won 5 of 6, while getting disappointed in the 25-15 team that has won 6 games out of 7, and 12 out of 15, that they supposedly root for.

« Reply #1204 on: January 14, 2017, 12:02:02 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

well admittedly I'm bias towards Thomas.  He's amazing.  But the entertainment surrounding Embiid transcends baskeball.  That dude is a walking internet meme.   He is legitimately hilarious.  A personality like that is rare.  The entire Embiid experience might be the biggest story of the season outside of Durant joining the Globetrotters. 

Might explain why Embiid has more allstar votes than Thomas.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:15:39 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #1205 on: January 14, 2017, 12:26:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
This Nets situation is incredible.  We are basically a lock to add a star prospect.

« Reply #1206 on: January 14, 2017, 12:26:58 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

well admittedly I'm bias towards Thomas.  He's amazing.  But the entertainment surrounding Embiid transcends baskeball.  That dude is a walking internet meme.   He is legitimately hilarious.  A personality like that is rare.  The entire Embiid experience might be the biggest story of the season outside of Durant joining the Globetrotters. 

Might explain why Embiid has more allstar votes than Thomas.
I think to a casual basketball fan, the process stuff is hilarious and he is an awesome personality, but for a big time basketball fan, Im taking a 5'9" dude dropping 28 a night and dominating 4th quarters.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1207 on: January 14, 2017, 08:30:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Phoenix just beat San Antonio in Mexico City, putting them 5 wins more than the Nets. The gap keeps growing! Now if only Miami would win some more.

« Reply #1208 on: January 14, 2017, 08:43:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Phoenix just beat San Antonio in Mexico City, putting them 5 wins more than the Nets. The gap keeps growing! Now if only Miami would win some more.
awesome.  Miami seems to be the biggest threat now.  And the Lakers will probably go full-blown tank mode in an effort to keep their pick in this loaded draft.

« Reply #1209 on: January 14, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

While Embiid sure is talented, I'm not sure I'd agree with the adjective "most."  To me, Giannis, Towns, and Porzingis are all very talented and exciting young players in their own rights. 

I love the international flavor of the next generation.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1210 on: January 14, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
And we get to do this again next year!!   8)  8)

« Reply #1211 on: January 14, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Double post.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:22:00 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #1212 on: January 14, 2017, 09:17:09 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

While Embiid sure is talented, I'm not sure I'd agree with the adjective "most."  To me, Giannis, Towns, and Porzingis are all very talented and exciting young players in their own rights. 

"Diversity Tomorrow because today is almost over."

« Reply #1213 on: January 14, 2017, 09:36:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Knicks
Nets x 2
TWolves
Nuggets
Pistons
Pelicans

Yeah like I said... the entire Embiid Experience is Next-Level entertainment that transcends just basketball.   Like the Sixers having a Shirley Temple night in honor of his favorite drink... or ongoing twitter campaign to make him an all-star so he can get a date with Rihanna... or him convincing Dan Patrick he killed a Lion as a 6 year old and brought it back to his village... or him trolling Chandler Parsons on instagram... or the other day when he came out to Triple H's entrance music and spat water all over himself.   The Embiid experience offers daily shenanigans outside of bball and it's pretty telling that just 27 games into his NBA career he has more all-star votes over an extremely popular and relatable player in the midst of his best season helping his team get far more wins (Thomas).     I haven't seen anything like this since Shaq in terms of a big man becoming this beloved this quickly. 

His on-court personality is equally bombastic.  But then in the actual game, his freakish unicorn offensive ability and game-changing defensive ability are pretty incredible for the young player.  You can already get a sense of how dominant he can be once he adapts to the NBA game and he's unleashed without a minutes restriction.

« Reply #1214 on: January 14, 2017, 09:44:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Three reasons to get excited about the 2014 NBA draft.

Wiggins
 Parker
 Embiid

Funny thing is all three still have great promise, but as far as who would I take on the Celtics the order is like this. I'll take.

#1 Embiid
 #2 Parker
 #3 Wiggins