Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 354195 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #735 on: December 25, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
How on earth does San Antonio/Chicago get the other prime time Christmas game?

San Antonio I get, but Chicago? The same Chicago who didn't make the playoffs last year, and whose in 9th place again this year?

Of course outside of GS/Cleveland, can't really think of another hot matchup I'd want to see that doesn't involve GS or Clevelando, especially before the season started.

Probably should have been something like pick any 2 of San Antonio, Toronto, or LAC.

Just amazed Chicago got a prime Christmas day time slot.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #736 on: December 25, 2016, 12:49:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

San Antonio I get, but Chicago? The same Chicago who didn't make the playoffs last year, and whose in 9th place again this year?

Of course outside of GS/Cleveland, can't really think of another hot matchup I'd want to see that doesn't involve GS or Clevelando, especially before the season started.

Probably should have been something like pick any 2 of San Antonio, Toronto, or LAC.

Pretty easy. Marquee team with very popular players (Wade, Butler, Rondo).

« Reply #737 on: December 25, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Any team with Dwyane Wade will always be a strong national draw. One of the most popular and well liked players of his generation.

Fact is, Christmas day games are about drawing eyeballs.

« Reply #738 on: December 25, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
let old RJ man put KD and Klay on posters today.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #739 on: December 25, 2016, 05:06:22 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Golden State settling for long jumpshots and telegraphing passes, while the Cavs are aggressively attacking the basket.  I'd say the Cavs deserve to win, as much as I dislike them.

« Reply #740 on: December 25, 2016, 05:15:54 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
HAHA still lost the same way.

Also, RJ shut KD down after he dunked on him. IIRC KD only scored that tech ft the rest of the way.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #741 on: December 25, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
RJ dunking on klay was nasty

« Reply #742 on: December 25, 2016, 05:24:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
RJ dunking on klay was nasty

ooops yeah Klay was the 2nd dunk.

man, Cavs got a steal with RJ, he changed that playoff series and this game.

« Reply #743 on: December 25, 2016, 05:32:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
spurs ringing the bulls bell.

« Reply #744 on: December 25, 2016, 07:57:34 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
spurs ringing the bulls bell.

Glad that bulls team have reverted back to where they belong.

Out of the playoffs.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #745 on: December 26, 2016, 10:54:15 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Good Lord, Philly is absolutely terrible. They're making the Kings look like Golden State. And this whole Embiid/Okafor starting pair notion is absolutely terrible. It just hurts Embiid's development by pairing him with such a bad match.

« Reply #746 on: December 26, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Noel looking really good so far in the first half. In limited minutes he has a three point play, a couple rebounds, a block on Cuz, and has altered numerous shots at the basket. Their interior D is so much better with him in there.

It'll be a shame if someone else gets him for cheap, though I think he could really, really help Portland.

« Reply #747 on: December 26, 2016, 11:24:35 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The Cavs are absolute thrash when they dont have the king.
Even with allstar Kyrie and Love they could not get past Detroit..I actually like Detroit to nab that eighth seed because frankly they have the bigs to neutralize Thompson and will somehow give the top seed Cavs a fight.

« Reply #748 on: December 26, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Any team with Dwyane Wade will always be a strong national draw. One of the most popular and well liked players of his generation.

You really think so? Well-liked by whom—other players? the media? Seems like fans of non-Wade teams dislike him quite a bit. Celtics fans certainly dislike him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #749 on: December 27, 2016, 12:11:20 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

You really think so? Well-liked by whom—other players? the media? Seems like fans of non-Wade teams dislike him quite a bit. Celtics fans certainly dislike him.

I'm sure plenty of hard core NBA fans dislike him, but doubtfully anymore than they would dislike any elite player on the opposition. That's kind of how fandom usually works.

But Wade is widely beloved and respected by casual fans and those that are capable of pushing their irrational hate of the opposition to the side, and just appreciate talent for what it is. You think it is an accident Wade has been voted into the All-Star game as a starter for years now, despite the fact that the last couple years he most likely did not actually deserve that designation.

You should study up on Wade a bit, he's actually a really classy human being.