Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 85737 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Edelman TD pass to Dorsett, White rushes for successful 2pt conversion. 17-10 NE!
Let's hope we can make it a two possession game now!

Hightower sacked the hell outta Carson Wentz on 3rd and 15. Eagles punted and ball rolls out of bound near the 50. Good field for New England, please take advantage and score!

They didn't... UGH

« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2019, 08:42:53 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I missed the Celts game today because I was watching the Pats.

That had to be the most uninspiring win I've ever seen.

« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2019, 08:54:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Middle of a long season. On the road. Against a pretty decent team.

I am happy with an uninspiring win. Not every win has to be an inspired blowout.

Sometimes gutting out tough wins when you aren't at your best can be excellent for character and team building purposes.

« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I am happy with an uninspiring win. Not every win has to be an inspired blowout.

Sometimes gutting out tough wins when you aren't at your best can be excellent for character and team building purposes.

Pretty methodical defensive effort in the second half.  Nice to see the ballhawking again.

Would have been nice to see a few points off the awesome field position.  Definitely a nice win against a decent, desperate team on their home field.
Yup

« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Pretty methodical defensive effort in the second half.  Nice to see the ballhawking again.

Would have been nice to see a few points off the awesome field position.  Definitely a nice win against a decent, desperate team on their home field.
Yeah, the defense woke up after that TD drive in the 1st quarter. They were pretty much back to being The Boogiemen by then.

« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

It's the offense that's really discouraging me. The defense did well after the 1st quarter and has been doing their job all season long (except for Lamarre Jackson running circles around them in Baltimore.)

The offense just looks very discombobulated right now. If it wasn't for Edelman's touchdown pass to Dorsett, we may not have had a single TD.

Brady needs to trust more guys on the offensive end, especially now with N'Keal Harry back. You've got Harry, Sanu, Meyers, Watson, Dorsett, etc. It seems the only guy Brady really trusts is Edelman and that's it. Also, Brady himself just seems a tick off.

Hope they figure it out soon.

« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Brady needs to trust more guys on the offensive end, especially now with N'Keal Harry back. You've got Harry, Sanu, Meyers, Watson, Dorsett, etc. It seems the only guy Brady really trusts is Edelman and that's it. Also, Brady himself just seems a tick off.

Think about what you just wrote. You are complaining about Brady not trusting his receivers. Receivers like:

Harry, playing his 2nd game ever as a rookie, who Brady never completed a pass to before today.

Sanu, playing his 3rd game with Brady who threw to him just 19 times before today.

Meyers, a rookie that still runs bad routes as evidenced by today.

Watson. A guy that played in only 3 games this year before today and caught 8 passes.

Those are the guys Brady should trust? They still have 6 games to go to build more chemistry, but trust is earned and those 4 have to bring it every down and produce if they want Brady's trust. They gotta run the right routes, catch the tough passes, and get open on the regular. If they do those things, they will earn Tom's trust and get the ball more.

« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2019, 09:57:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Think about what you just wrote. You are complaining about Brady not trusting his receivers. Receivers like:

Harry, playing his 2nd game ever as a rookie, who Brady never completed a pass to before today.

Sanu, playing his 3rd game with Brady who threw to him just 19 times before today.

Watson. A guy that played in only 3 games this year before today and caught 8 passes.

Those are the guys Brady should trust? They still have 6 games to go to build more chemistry, but trust is earned and those 4 have to bring it every down and produce if they want Brady's trust. They gotta run the right routes, catch the tough passes, and get open on the regular. If they do those things, they will earn Tom's trust and get the ball more.

Harry caught the ball when it came his way, and looked like he was ready to move with it once he caught it.  I'm optimistic.
Yup

« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2019, 01:47:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

And the offensive line is pretty bad too.

But, you're right and I'm wrong.

Congrats!

I'll just make it simple.

The offense sucks, McDaniels is calling bad plays, the offensive line is bad, and it seems Brady's offensive options are limited. Also, Brady seems a bit off.

Hopefully, the offense is better next week vs Dallas.

« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2019, 04:28:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Thankfully the Ravens still need to play the 49ers, Rams, Steelers, and Browns.

That's not a super easy slate.

Whereas the Pats have a date with the Chiefs and Cowboys but both are at home.  They have a road game against the Texans, who haven't been especially convincing lately.

Other than that it's three gimme games against Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals.

The Pats should finish the season with the #1 seed in the AFC, which history tells us means they will most likely get to the Super Bowl again.

Still gotta play the games, but overall the Pats are in good position. 

The offense is mediocre and the defense is probably not quite as amazing as it seemed the first third of the season.  Brady is squarely in the "good enough" phase of his career.  Even so, I'm looking big picture and not letting myself get bogged down in neuroticism about the Pats.  It's only made me look foolish in the past.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2019, 04:46:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We don’t get a running game on track I’m very skeptical we will get another Super Bowl appearance. Painful to watch.

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
We don’t get a running game on track I’m very skeptical we will get another Super Bowl appearance. Painful to watch.

Hopefully the offensive line will get healthier and help in that regard.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

Hopefully Wynn's return helps, but his ability to stay healthy is a big question mark for me at this point. Also, he'd be the only O-lineman returning, right? Andrews can't return, because Wynn will be the second (and last) "return from IR" player.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2019, 07:18:35 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Hopefully Wynn's return helps, but his ability to stay healthy is a big question mark for me at this point. Also, he'd be the only O-lineman returning, right? Andrews can't return, because Wynn will be the second (and last) "return from IR" player.

Definitely can't trust that he'll stay healthy.  On the other hand, the other possible return option (Develin) comes with the same worry of repetitive injury.  I'd love either one if healthy. 

Consider that it's 6 games, then a bye, and then 3 games.  Maybe he can stay healthy....?

« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2019, 07:22:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Definitely can't trust that he'll stay healthy.  On the other hand, the other possible return option (Develin) comes with the same worry of repetitive injury.  I'd love either one if healthy. 

Consider that it's 6 games, then a bye, and then 3 games.  Maybe he can stay healthy....?
Develin can’t come back

We’ve already designated Harry and Wynn
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.