Author Topic: Celtics interview list  (Read 50798 times)

Re: Celtics interview list
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2020, 09:49:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Rummaging around hoopshype rumors

- Hornets locked in Wiseman
- Raptors workout Dotson
- Heat interested in Kira Lewis Jr.
- Knicks willing to take on a bad contract for asset/picks

Our turn to steal Heat target and draft Kira 14.

I'd be happy with Lewis. Excellent court vision, very fast, decent shooter and solid defensive potential.

Lewis is my number 3 or 4 point guard in the draft. His speed is elite. Elite skills are good to gather.

I have Haliburton as #1. - Elite passing, excellent shooting, elite size

Hayes as #2 - not a great defender or shooter yet but lots of potential

Then its Kira lewis or RJ hampton. RJ, if you buy the hype from Penny and Mike Miller, is shooting the ball way better. His speed and defense and athleticism with the ability to shoot makes him an allstar calibre player.
Lewis, as mentioned, is crazy fast, very good shooter and is an excellent defender.

All 4 potential replacements for Kemba at some point. Some sooner than others.

eddit: Forgot to add Riller. He is flying up the draft board. Really like him alot too. His scoring potential is elite. Also a very good defender.

For pick 14 I would personally put Riller above Lewis and RJ. Only PGs I would pick ahead of him in the draft are Haliburton and Hayes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjeSNuZUBQs

Riller is quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the draft.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/03/30/case-grant-riller/

He is older and therefore likely to be available at 26 or 30 or even early 2nd round, so would not waste draft capital on him at 14.

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2020, 10:07:30 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

- Raptors workout Dotson

I'd be happy with Lewis. Excellent court vision, very fast, decent shooter and solid defensive potential.

Lewis is my number 3 or 4 point guard in the draft. His speed is elite. Elite skills are good to gather.

Then its Kira lewis or RJ hampton. RJ, if you buy the hype from Penny and Mike Miller, is shooting the ball way better. His speed and defense and athleticism with the ability to shoot makes him an allstar calibre player.
Lewis, as mentioned, is crazy fast, very good shooter and is an excellent defender.

eddit: Forgot to add Riller. He is flying up the draft board. Really like him alot too. His scoring potential is elite. Also a very good defender.

For pick 14 I would personally put Riller above Lewis and RJ. Only PGs I would pick ahead of him in the draft are Haliburton and Hayes.

He is older and therefore likely to be available at 26 or 30 or even early 2nd round, so would not waste draft capital on him at 14.

Some of the more recent mocks I have read have him as high as 20

I wouldnt want him at 14 but wouldnt smash my computer if team drafted him there. At 26 I would be pumped. He can play either guard spot so he could play the SG spot off the bench as well.

Lewis at 14 and riller at 26

Kemba/Lewis
Smart/Riller
Brown/Langford

or one of the SFs at 14 (Bey, Nesmisth etc) and rller at 26

Kemba/Riller
Smart/Romeo
Brown/Bey

I am very happy with that rotation either way. Huge upgrade from this past season.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2020, 10:32:59 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
ADD

RJ Hampton

this is big news as it is also being reported (by Chris Grenham of Forbes) that the Cs are looking to get him in for a workout. He is the first leaked prospect that fits the Cs mold of a lottery pick.

RJ was the 5th ranked player in his high school class by ESPN and was given a 96 rating ( for comparison Tatum was a 97, Brown was a 96, and Smart a 97). He struggled playing this past season in the NBDL but watching him scrimmage preseason vs OKC its clear he is a high level NBA athlete.   

His last reported measurements where from June of 2017 and he was 6'3 w/o shoes, 176lbs with a 6'7" wingspan. He is now listed at 6'5 185 giving him solid size for a combo guard.

Long term he has high end potential as an attacking combo guard his size and elite first step could make him a real force in the paint. I feel confident that he is in the mix with Ball, Edwards, Okoro, Wiseman, Poku and Mcdaniels as the highest ceiling prospects in this draft and I wouldn't be shocked if 3 years from now he is the redraft #1 pick.   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:38:37 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
ADD

RJ Hampton

this is big news as it is also being reported (by Chris Grenham of Forbes) that the Cs are looking to get him in for a workout. He is the first leaked prospect that fits the Cs mold of a lottery pick.

RJ was the 5th ranked player in his high school class by ESPN and was given a 96 rating ( for comparison Tatum was a 97, Brown was a 96, and Smart a 97). He struggled playing this past season in the NBDL but watching him scrimmage preseason vs OKC its clear he is a high level NBA athlete.   

His last reported measurements where from June of 2017 and he was 6'3 w/o shoes, 176lbs with a 6'7" wingspan. He is now listed at 6'5 185 giving him solid size for a combo guard.

Long term he has high end potential as an attacking combo guard his size and elite first step could make him a real force in the paint. I feel confident that he is in the mix with Ball, Edwards, Okoro, Wiseman, Poku and Mcdaniels as the highest ceiling prospects in this draft and I wouldn't be shocked if 3 years from now he is the redraft #1 pick.

Enlighten me: how is this guy not Romeo Langford but with weaker defense?

- LilRip

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
ADD

RJ Hampton

Hampton projects a bit more of a guard. Langford as a wing. I'd say Hampton is a bit more explosive, while Langford is a bit more smooth in his athleticism. Other than that, they do have a similar game. Both are three-level scorers. Hampton probably has a bit smoother of a jumpshot release than Langford, but Langford is a better finisher inside. Hampton hasn't really figured out how to use his athleticism around the rim yet. Both have a variety of floaters, eurosteps, and wrong-foot layups in their repertoire.

I think Hampton has good upside. It would depend a lot on interviews though. If he has a good work ethic and competitive personality, then a lot could be made out of his raw tools. I think he could be better than Terry Rozier was. 

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2020, 11:45:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
ADD

RJ Hampton

First Hampton is a true combo guard who ideally develops into a player capable of playing the point. Langford is really a wing, coming out of Indiana he could have been reviewed as a potential combo guard but now its clear to me with his added bulk/strength and his near 7' wingspan that he is going to be an NBA wing.

On offense Hampton has an elite first step and in the spread out NBA game will be very difficult to stay in front off. The two keys to unlocking him as an offensive menace are adding strength to his reported 185lb frame to allow him to finish against NBA bigs and improving his 3pt shot. The impoved 3pt shot has become the calling card of the Cs player development. Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier,Baynes, and Horford have all improved as 3pt shooters under Stevens staff. Langford in college was much more moves based then explosiveness based on offense. At his peak I see Langford as a guy who attacks closeouts and mismatches where Hampton shooting 35% from 3 and not allowing his defender to go under screens is a match-up problem for all but the most elite perimeter defenders.

Long term at peak outcomes Langford and Hampton could both be excellent compliments to Tatum and Brown.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ADD

RJ Hampton

Hampton projects a bit more of a guard. Langford as a wing. I'd say Hampton is a bit more explosive, while Langford is a bit more smooth in his athleticism. Other than that, they do have a similar game. Both are three-level scorers. Hampton probably has a bit smoother of a jumpshot release than Langford, but Langford is a better finisher inside. Hampton hasn't really figured out how to use his athleticism around the rim yet. Both have a variety of floaters, eurosteps, and wrong-foot layups in their repertoire.

I think Hampton has good upside. It would depend a lot on interviews though. If he has a good work ethic and competitive personality, then a lot could be made out of his raw tools. I think he could be better than Terry Rozier was.

I read there are small concerns about coachability and complaining to refs about calls/fouls

But this is not a deal breaker.    Workout should show alot. If his jump shot has improved.  And if his ball handling/finish with left hand has improved

He was projected to go top 5 once upon a time.   So we will see

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2020, 11:51:05 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

- Raptors workout Dotson

It's what they said about Malcolm Brogdon.

« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

- Raptors workout Dotson

You are right.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2020, 12:43:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Has the Celtics travelled to conduct any workouts yet??

Have too many picks to sit around and just do zoom interviews

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2020, 02:05:01 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Has the Celtics travelled to conduct any workouts yet??

Have too many picks to sit around and just do zoom interviews

Hampton is the first physical meeting that I have seen rumored
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2020, 02:15:02 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

- Raptors workout Dotson

...who went #36 overall. That lines up pretty well with him likely being available at 26 or 30
I'm bitter.

« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2020, 02:31:21 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
ADD

RJ Hampton

First Hampton is a true combo guard who ideally develops into a player capable of playing the point. Langford is really a wing, coming out of Indiana he could have been reviewed as a potential combo guard but now its clear to me with his added bulk/strength and his near 7' wingspan that he is going to be an NBA wing.

On offense Hampton has an elite first step and in the spread out NBA game will be very difficult to stay in front off. The two keys to unlocking him as an offensive menace are adding strength to his reported 185lb frame to allow him to finish against NBA bigs and improving his 3pt shot. The impoved 3pt shot has become the calling card of the Cs player development. Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier,Baynes, and Horford have all improved as 3pt shooters under Stevens staff. Langford in college was much more moves based then explosiveness based on offense. At his peak I see Langford as a guy who attacks closeouts and mismatches where Hampton shooting 35% from 3 and not allowing his defender to go under screens is a match-up problem for all but the most elite perimeter defenders.

Long term at peak outcomes Langford and Hampton could both be excellent compliments to Tatum and Brown.   

https://theboxand1.weebly.com/draft-profiles/the-case-for-rj-hampton

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

- Raptors workout Dotson

...who went #36 overall. That lines up pretty well with him likely being available at 26 or 30

I like Riller in the late 1st or early 2nd but would be scared to draft him at #14. Unlike Brogdon who played at Virginia Riller has had very little exposure to NBA level athletes while playing at Charelston.

Senior Year

Wake forest 11pts  5-13 from the field
Providence   29pts 9-15 from the field
Oklahoma St 16pts 5-14 from the field

Junior Year

Memphis       32pts 11-21 from the field
LSU                4pts 2-10 from the field https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M4A0WmIAtk   Riller playing against Waters and likely second round guard Skyler Mayes and T Wolves big Naz Reid
Oklahoma St   7pts 2-14 from the field

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
ADD

RJ Hampton

https://theboxand1.weebly.com/draft-profiles/the-case-for-rj-hampton
TP for the interesting read. I like Hampton as a prospect and wouldn't mind taking him at 14. He's raw, but I see a lot of talent. I trust our coaching staff to help him in development.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum