Author Topic: Report: Lakers considered trading Lebron because of Rich Paul leaking  (Read 3844 times)

Re: Report: Lakers considered trading Lebron because of Rich Paul leaking
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 01:25:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
At what point is Jeannie Buss to blame for the Lakers absolute front office incompetence that we have seen for these past 7-8 years? That Kobe contract, the debacle of last offseason letting Randle and Lopez walk while signing KCP and a cast of noneshooters, drafting Ball #2, balking on trading assetts for Paul George, waiving Deng instead of using his expiring deal as a cap filling asset, trading Dangelo Russell for a nickel and a few pennies on the dime. I know I知 forgetting stuff. Point is, that franchise arragoant and incompetent, not a winning formula and it starts at the top.
I also think hiring Magic was a questionable decision. He had a whopping 16 game coaching career, and has no prior executive experience prior to his hiring (IIRC). Doesn't seem to have been doing much well.

Ironically, I think the hiring of Walton was a good move. I think he has the foundations of being a solid coach. Just has no help from the front office nor from his players (primarily the Coach Assassin in Chief, LeBron James)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 01:26:15 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Jerry Buss picked his Idiot Kids over Jerry West to run the Lakers years ago.....they've been a joke ever since.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 01:34:41 AM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Interesting that a 2nd "Anti-Jeannie" article has come out, this one claiming that Jeannie considered pulling out of Staples Center and moving back to the Forum

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/3/14/18266113/la-lakers-rumors-jeanie-buss-email-shows-interest-inglewood-forum-jim-dolan-clippers-ballz

I have zero love for her or the Lakers, but this "she considered" article, right after "contemplating" trading LeBron is a bit suspicious. Someone's attempting to take her down. My 1st guess? Rich Paul/LeBron. 2nd? Magic. I've never bought the "Jeannie is like my sister" stories

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 02:26:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Interesting that a 2nd "Anti-Jeannie" article has come out, this one claiming that Jeannie considered pulling out of Staples Center and moving back to the Forum

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/3/14/18266113/la-lakers-rumors-jeanie-buss-email-shows-interest-inglewood-forum-jim-dolan-clippers-ballz

I have zero love for her or the Lakers, but this "she considered" article, right after "contemplating" trading LeBron is a bit suspicious. Someone's attempting to take her down. My 1st guess? Rich Paul/LeBron. 2nd? Magic. I've never bought the "Jeannie is like my sister" stories
this is the "mafia" that other  team owners were talking about when they talked about lebron/rich paul

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 06:03:09 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
At what point is Jeannie Buss to blame for the Lakers absolute front office incompetence that we have seen for these past 7-8 years? That Kobe contract, the debacle of last offseason letting Randle and Lopez walk while signing KCP and a cast of noneshooters, drafting Ball #2, balking on trading assetts for Paul George, waiving Deng instead of using his expiring deal as a cap filling asset, trading Dangelo Russell for a nickel and a few pennies on the dime. I know I知 forgetting stuff. Point is, that franchise arragoant and incompetent, not a winning formula and it starts at the top.
I also think hiring Magic was a questionable decision. He had a whopping 16 game coaching career, and has no prior executive experience prior to his hiring (IIRC). Doesn't seem to have been doing much well.

Ironically, I think the hiring of Walton was a good move. I think he has the foundations of being a solid coach. Just has no help from the front office nor from his players (primarily the Coach Assassin in Chief, LeBron James)

Who else could they have hired instead of Magic, though? It's not like there was a former player/executive of theirs that put together multiple dynasties and could have come back  ;D
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 06:40:08 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Almost all of that is on Jim Buss, which is why Jeannie is now running things. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 06:41:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It wasn't hiring Magic so much as pairing him with an agent that has never done this before.  Having Magic be a closer of sorts would have worked out just fine, if they had someone who knew what they were doing running the team. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 06:51:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It wasn't hiring Magic so much as pairing him with an agent that has never done this before.  Having Magic be a closer of sorts would have worked out just fine, if they had someone who knew what they were doing running the team.
Yeah, sort of what I was getting at. Hiring a guy who only really had agent experience alongside Magic doesn't really make sense
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 08:01:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What a smokescreen from Magic J. , you know the Lakers were in on it....

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:34 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I could believe that Buss got mad at Rich Paul, although it sure did seem like he was assisting them.  And, I thought it was mostly accepted that the leaked offers were coming from New Orleans' side?

I don't think for a minute that the Lakers considered trading Lebron.

Agreed.

This seems to be the season of fake news. When the news cycle seems to be slowing down the media just creates another story. This story and Carmelo possibly to the Celtics are just too stupid for me to believe.