Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 41361 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2021, 06:40:09 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bam scored a career high 41 poins last night against the Nets. He also recorded 9 assists, 5 rebounds and only 1 t/o. Imagine what Giannis would do against them come playoff time. They got nobody to slow him down. Jordan ain't nowhere near mobile enough to guard Giannis. Sure, the Nets won yesterday's game by 4 points, but the Heat were playing without Butler. Call me crazy, but imo the Nets aren't even favorites to make the ECF.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:50:23 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2021, 07:05:28 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Bam scored a career high 41 poins last night against the Nets. He also recorded 9 assists, 5 rebounds and only 1 t/o. Imagine what Giannis would do against them come playoff time. They got nobody to slow him down. Jordan ain't nowhere near mobile enough to guard Giannis. Sure, the Nets won yesterday's game by 4 points, but the Heat were playing without Butler. Call me crazy, but imo the Nets aren't even favorites to make the ECF.

I think at this stage there realy isn't any. Bucks should be that team, but their last PO still put a lot of questions. 76ers are hot but what about PO level of Green-Curry-Milton?  away games? Simmons ? Our mental advantage ag them ?
 There is realy 4 teams who have all big strength, one or two superstars but all have big dquestions to solve. East PO will be fun to watch at SF level...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 07:16:35 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2021, 09:23:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Durant?

« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2021, 09:43:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Nets need to add some players on that bench and they be tough to beat
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2021, 09:45:13 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

Nets should trade Kyrie for role players to put around harden and Durant.

I dont see kyrie and Harden being a good fit together. and its evidence by the fact that since Kyrie has been back Hardens numbers have been pedestrian after his hot start without kyrie.

they basically are the same player.

« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2021, 10:44:16 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Durant?
KD is super long, but he has a rail-thin frame, especially for his size. Giannis is a beast in the paint. Imo, KD ain't nowhere near strong enough to guard him. Don't get me wrong, nobody can stop Giannis 1-on-1. It's just that other teams have players who can at least slow him down. For instance, the Heat got Bam. The Sixers got Embiid and Simmons.

For the record, our best options against Giannis are probably Thompson, Semi and Grant. Don't like our options either. I would argue that the C's matchup terribly against the Bucks. Thankfully, the Bucks matchup poorly against the Heat and the Sixers.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 10:57:27 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2021, 01:01:40 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I dont see kyrie and Harden being a good fit together. and its evidence by the fact that since Kyrie has been back Hardens numbers have been pedestrian after his hot start without kyrie.

Not sure who would want to hitch their wagon to Kyrie at this point. I don’t think he’d return as much as people think he would. Also, not sure from a PR perspective how it would look trading him at this point since he was the reason Durant basically went to Brooklyn.

« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2021, 01:13:48 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Not sure who would want to hitch their wagon to Kyrie at this point. I don’t think he’d return as much as people think he would. Also, not sure from a PR perspective how it would look trading him at this point since he was the reason Durant basically went to Brooklyn.
They're not trading Kyrie unless Durant wants him gone.  I agree that Kyrie probably wouldn't get a great return in a trade but it only takes one stupid team. 

« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

They're not trading Kyrie unless Durant wants him gone.  I agree that Kyrie probably wouldn't get a great return in a trade but it only takes one stupid team.
I agree. And in the NBA, there are a lot of dumb teams.

« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Durant?
Durant is way too weak for Giannis. It's also incredibly risky putting Durant on Giannis with the Freak's ability to draw fouls
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2021, 09:52:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Nets lose in spectacular fashion. Wow...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtt7UxUpqa8

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2021, 11:01:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
There defense is worse then the Suns from the 90’s. Absolutely porous and beatable. The Lakers would sweep them. I believe there are more then one team in the East that will prevent that from ever occurring.

« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2021, 03:51:48 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
nets are NOT going to win the NBA championship if they have to score 150 every single game to win.

they've gotten lit up by the Cavs and the wizards. what is going to happen in the playoffs when you get better defensive teams?

maybe you score 120 still...but if they score 130 or 140 it doesnt make a difference.

« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2021, 04:10:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Not sure who would want to hitch..... but it only takes one stupid team.

ding ding ding ....we have a wenner ....who else lets their players pull all the shenanigans they wish and be as corrupt as they wish ?

LA ....who else...... the only place that Lebron really could land and expect to last more than a year .....home of circus basketball drama and anything goes.

« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2021, 04:31:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I saw a post yesterday saying the Nets post-Harden trade have the best offensive rating of all time (if it's maintained for a season). They also would have the worst defensive rating if maintained for the whole season.

Funny stuff
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)