Author Topic: Have You Seen Iron Man Yet?  (Read 12673 times)

Re: Have You Seen Iron Man Yet?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
This movie made over a $100 million domestically and another $100 mills abroad.  Wow.  I guess we will definitely get to see what that 'Avenger Initiative' is all about.   :o :o :o

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 08:03:16 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I am dying to see it, everyone I know that saw it loved it. I heard they are already thinking of making a trilogy.

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I saw it last night when i should be studying for my finals.  It is by far one of the best super hero movies i have seen and i am even more excited for the trilogy.  I think i read somewhere that the cast signed on for the trilogy but im not totally sure.  And i like how the ending is hinting towards an avengers movie combining iron man, hulk, nick fury, and the other marvel characters coming out with movies in the next few years.  The only thing i wished i had seen was a stronger villain that will match iron mans powers but hopefully this will take place in the second and third movies.

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I saw it yesterday.  It was really good, but I didn't find it particularly better than some of the other well made superhero movies. 

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 08:19:28 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
matt damon is rumored to play cpt america and wesley snipes as black panther for the avengers movie.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I saw it last night when i should be studying for my finals.  It is by far one of the best super hero movies i have seen and i am even more excited for the trilogy.  I think i read somewhere that the cast signed on for the trilogy but im not totally sure.  And i like how the ending is hinting towards an avengers movie combining iron man, hulk, nick fury, and the other marvel characters coming out with movies in the next few years.  The only thing i wished i had seen was a stronger villain that will match iron mans powers but hopefully this will take place in the second and third movies.

I think they already have someone to play Nick Fury:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 10:53:28 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I saw it after the game yesterday, it was pretty good.  Most comic book movies are just about character development and setting up for the sequel in their first movie.  Having said that this was pretty good.  The villain was absolutely terrible, but the rest of the film was really good for a comic book adaption. 

I'm still hoping that some how all the marvel characters can mesh in some giant battle on screen.  I know that different film companies have rights to their characters, but it would be so cool to see them all fighting together.  (except spider man, he's a wimp) ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB6qz9xSgDs   

;D

I looked for it but could not find it. Nice!!!! I was hoping people realized that my picture was Hasselhoff . I know Dirk Nowitzki did. ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:58 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I thought it was good too.  I would like to see an Avengers movie with all of them.

DC's website says there is a Justice League movie coming in 2012.  I know it's not Marvel but superhero nerds like me would probably be interested.

I think Marvel is working on a Thor movie too.

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

DC's website says there is a Justice League movie coming in 2012. 

i read somewhere that Common will be green lantern.

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 11:56:08 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Rumor has it DC is working on a justice league movie and Marvel an Avenger movie.  The main difference between the two is that Marvel will release separate movies for each character to build their own stories first.  This in addition to using the same actors an Avenger movie.  From what I gather DC’s Justice League will not have the same actors as their individual movies.  Again, a lot of this isn’t confirmed but rumored.

Downey Jr. and all the major actors of Iron Man have confirmed that they signed a deal for three movies.  Apparently, the sequel rested a lot on the success of this first one and based off how its done, it is a safe bet it will happen.  From what I have gathered (a lot of it rumored) in the next Iron Man, Tony Stark will start his downward spiral in alcoholism forcing Rhodes (Terrance Howard) to don the suit who will eventually become War Machine.  If you know the comics you know what I am talking about.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7130

The scene after the credits of Iron Man with Nick Fury is the beginning of all this happening for Marvel.  This is the start of the crossover.  It has already been confirmed that Downey Jr. will have a cameo in Hulk as Tony Stark.  But the extend of the involvement is anyone’s guess.  Marvel has been very tight lipped about this.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/03/18/robert-downey-jr-talks-iron-man-hulk-cameos/

The Black Panther has been real interesting.  Apparently, Snipes has been pushing for this movie since like  1994.  From what I gather (rumor mill) John Singleton has been approached  to do the movie and apparently he favors someone else in the role.  With Snipes and his tax fraud thing in light (sentence of 3 years) we will see.  Marvel. from what I gather is hesitant for Snipes to play the role because they feel he is too embedded with the Blade series and that it would be overkill for him top play another one of their heroes.

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2007/07/singleton_on_black_panther_and.html

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2007/08/singleton_suggests_blank_panth.html

According to all things though, Marvel has something big planned.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 12:11:21 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I thought it was good too.  I would like to see an Avengers movie with all of them.

DC's website says there is a Justice League movie coming in 2012.  I know it's not Marvel but superhero nerds like me would probably be interested.

I think Marvel is working on a Thor movie too.

Indeed Thor is in the works.  And it's scheduled for release in 2010 (along with a Cap movie).  The proposition is to use the same filming technique as 300 - all digital "green screen" shots.  That means they will not be limited by the budget in creating the sets and the scenes.  Personally I think this is a great idea, considering that Thor is a God and fights other dieties on a full time basis.

Imagine Thor's blonde locks flowing like Leonidas' red cape.  Or how about the Norse hammer Mjolnir blasting thunder bolts with the power of the Spartans' spear attacks.  Sign me up!!

Sorry, I just geeked out there for a second.  Anyway, here's a link about the future of Marvel movies:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36624

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Here is some news on future some future Marvel projects:

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

In a conference call this morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor.

http://www2.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=44654

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
From EW.com:

Following Iron Man's impressive $98.6 million debut this weekend, Marvel Studios has set a date for a sequel: April 30, 2010. Meanwhile, the comic-book-based entertainment company has unveiled the roster of superhero movies it plans to release during the next three years:
· Thor — June 4, 2010 (with Stardust's Matthew Vaughn on board to direct)
· The First Avenger: Captain America — May 6, 2011
· The Avengers — July 2011 (bringing together the characters of Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, Captain America, and Thor in one movie)
· Ant-Man — In development (with Hot Fuzz's Edgar Wright attached to write and direct)
All of these features will be financed, developed, and produced by Marvel. While the company had enjoyed great success for more than a decade with movies based on many of its popular characters — including Spider-Man, X-Men, and the Fantastic Four — it only recently started fully financing and producing its own films. Iron Man was the first major release under this new plan; The Incredible Hulk arrives in theaters on June 13.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20197922,00.html?iid=top25-20080506-''Iron+Man+2%2C''+other+Marvel+movies+set

With the studio financing its own films and not worrying about ignorant studio heads ruining a good product, the sky is the limit.

The movie I am waiting for is:

Larry Bird