4 (7.8%)
Celtics in 5
23 (45.1%)
Celtics in 6
21 (41.2%)
Celtics in 7
2 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Poll: Cavaliers vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 3552 times)

Re: Poll: Cavaliers vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2024, 10:18:45 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1491
Allen is listed as questionable for tomorrow but some Cleveland beat guys seem to think he could return pretty soon, maybe even as early as tomorrow.

I was reading just the opposite earlier today, that he was still having a very hard time when he moves his arms above his head, like a def stance.  No matter what you would think he would be a bit limited for a couple games before getting back to 100%.

Oh ok never mind. I was just reading some posts on Twitter but I also see Windhorst said what you said^.

Believe me, I could be wrong too, it happens a lot! lol...

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2024, 09:08:20 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Think I'll settle on Celtics in 5. Been hemming & hawing the past couple of days. Luckily, I'll be back in BOS to catch game 2.

They'll be a bad loss where the board will overreact and chaos will ensue but this series shouldn't go long. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2024, 10:16:02 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 684
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Allen is listed as questionable for tomorrow but some Cleveland beat guys seem to think he could return pretty soon, maybe even as early as tomorrow.

I was reading just the opposite earlier today, that he was still having a very hard time when he moves his arms above his head, like a def stance.  No matter what you would think he would be a bit limited for a couple games before getting back to 100%.

So this was by the beat writer for the Cavs on Sunday before tip off. Can't see it getting much better in a day:

Jason Lloyd
@ByJasonLloyd
·
May 5
Jarrett Allen is in "excruciating" pain, I was told today. He originally took a hit to the ribs in Game 1 from Franz Wagner, then had the rib pierced on another hit from Wagner in Game 4. He previously played in 81 straight games (reg season and playoffs) before the injury.

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2024, 11:20:48 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
Boston in 6. Go C’s!
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2024, 12:56:13 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
If the Celtics are serious about wanting to win a title this year, this series is either 4-0 or 4-1, worst.

We should win the first two at home, maybe split (at worst) in Cleveland, and then blow the Cavs out in game 5 to advance to the ECFs.

Whether it the Knick’s or the Pacers, the script should be the same in the ECFs.

This is business now, closing time - there’s absolutely zero tolerance for messing around.

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2024, 04:48:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2544
Long layoff for the Cs can work either way. I think it makes them more vulnerable in game 1. But who knows? 

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2024, 08:01:08 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 124
I think it'll be Celtics in 5 or 6. 

Cavs are competitive enough that they should get at least one good, hard-earned win.  But the Celtics also tend to have at least one choke game per series, so for that reason I'm leaning towards 6 games.  If we had Porzingis I would lean towards 5. 

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2024, 09:26:07 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
Game 2 will be the trap game. I think we have their measure elsewise, especially with them missing Jarrett Allen. He's a bigger loss for them than KP is for us.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2024, 09:28:15 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3019
  • On To Banner 18!
Game 2 will be the trap game. I think we have their measure elsewise, especially with them missing Jarrett Allen. He's a bigger loss for them than KP is for us.

Definitely could be. I think Boston wins Game 2, then loses Game 3 and 4 on the road with Cleveland becoming desperate but having momentum from a loud home crowd. Cleveland's arena/fanbase isn't Miami, that arena will be rocking and could intimidate us a bit.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2024, 09:35:47 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1827
Forget this trap game crap....Cs take this series 4-0.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: Today at 09:03:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3019
  • On To Banner 18!
I said C's in 6, but had us going up 2-0, then CLE win both at home, then BOS wins next two.

Gonna be real tough to win @Cleveland. That's not Kaseya Center (Miami), that arena/fanbase is a bit more intimidating with a hostile atmosphere. C's in a tough spot.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #41 on: Today at 10:41:14 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
I'm calling Cs in 5. We will lose a home game, probably the 2nd game, but win everything else.

Knew it...they always switch off 2nd game. Fire Joe? >:(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #42 on: Today at 10:42:50 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Celtics in 7. We split the first two games because we are crap at home in the playoffs for whatever reason. We steal game 4 on the road to even up the series. Cavs take Game 5 at the Garden to take a 3-2 lead.

Celtics play with a sense of urgency and Tatum/White goes off with a monster performance at the fieldhouse in Game 6, forcing Game 7 back in Boston. Boston blowout Cavs to take Game 7.

Keeping my prediction  :-X Guess I also have to anticipate a Game 3 loss soon  :-X

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:51:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

Definitely could be. I think Boston wins Game 2, then loses Game 3 and 4 on the road with Cleveland becoming desperate but having momentum from a loud home crowd. Cleveland's arena/fanbase isn't Miami, that arena will be rocking and could intimidate us a bit.

Y'alls nailed it with the Game 2 trap.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)