Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 355378 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #1515 on: February 07, 2017, 12:58:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
LOL NO BOOGIE AGAINST BOSTON!! He just got threw out of the game for absolutely no reason lol That's his 16th T of the season, which means he's suspended for the next game!

As in, the T wasn't deserved, or the game was effectively over and he was being an idiot?
The latter.

Oh Boogie.  Thanks for making the start of the road trip a bit easier.  Also, Divac says he refuses to trade him, and that night Boogie gets ejected and suspended... coincidence?

« Reply #1516 on: February 07, 2017, 01:00:01 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
LOL NO BOOGIE AGAINST BOSTON!! He just got threw out of the game for absolutely no reason lol That's his 16th T of the season, which means he's suspended for the next game!

As in, the T wasn't deserved, or the game was effectively over and he was being an idiot?

Game was over. Wade made two excellent plays right in a row to put them up 4 with around 6 or so seconds left. Cousins shot a three with two or three seconds left in the game, and he felt like there was contact with no foul. He then went very demonstrably at the ref yelling and waving his arms. The T was definitely deserved, but there was no point in it. The game was over. It was totally out of frustration.

I'm not convinced he would've played against us anyways after the league reviews that coach shoving incident. Both Boogie and Barnes shoved a Bulls assistant coach for no apparent reason at the end of the third quarter. Both were T'ed up for that incident, but many are saying that might be looked at closer by the league for further punishment due to it being a coach.

« Reply #1517 on: February 07, 2017, 01:04:26 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

The latter.

Oh Boogie.  Thanks for making the start of the road trip a bit easier.  Also, Divac says he refuses to trade him, and that night Boogie gets ejected and suspended... coincidence?

I'll search for a vid later today, but what I remember is that the Bulls were leading by 2pts and SAC was inbounding the ball. Sthg like 15 secs left. DWade stole the ball and dunked. 4 pt lead for Bulls, 10 secs left. DMC then attempted a 3, missed it, Bulls ball, game over.

With the Bulls having the ball DMC made some gestures - prolly said sthg too. I believe it was for not getting a foul called on his 3pt attempt. 

« Reply #1518 on: February 07, 2017, 01:09:31 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

The latter.

I'll search for a vid later today, but what I remember is that the Bulls were leading by 2pts and SAC was inbounding the ball. Sthg like 15 secs left. DWade stole the ball and dunked. 4 pt lead for Bulls, 10 secs left. DMC then attempted a 3, missed it, Bulls ball, game over.

With the Bulls having the ball DMC made some gestures - prolly said sthg too. I believe it was for not getting a foul called on his 3pt attempt.

He was gesturing that his jersey was held on the inbounds that D-Wade stole. It was, but it was still a completely idiotic inbounds pass that would have been stolen anyway.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #1519 on: February 07, 2017, 01:11:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Here's the coach shoving incident from the end of the third quarter:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/828838832757829632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Here's the incident at the end where Boogie was tossed. Came right as the game was ending, though the actual shot was with some more time left than I thought originally.

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/828845748196241408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

« Reply #1520 on: February 07, 2017, 01:13:30 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
I'm a bit confused now

jpotter says DMC received two technicals in the Bulls game and I'm sure he is right

on the other hand, I checked just yesterday and he had 15 technicals. Now ESPN has him with 16- that's what I remember the announcers saying too.

Edit: TP to jpotter33 for the vids.

« Reply #1521 on: February 07, 2017, 01:15:11 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm a bit confused now

jpotter says DMC received two technicals in the Bulls game and I'm sure he is right

on the other hand, I checked just yesterday and he had 15 technicals. Now ESPN has him with 16- that's what I remember the announcers saying too.

He's had a couple rescinded this year already, so there might be an issue or some confusion with the league there. But Tim Bontemps along with several Kings beat writers verified that he has 16 now and will be suspended the next game against the C's.

« Reply #1522 on: February 07, 2017, 01:18:40 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Here's the coach shoving incident from the end of the third quarter:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/828838832757829632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Here's the incident at the end where Boogie was tossed. Came right as the game was ending, though the actual shot was with some more time left than I thought originally.

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/828845748196241408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Got it.  Looks like he was mad about both the inbounds and the no-call on the shot.  That tech was justified, whether or not Boogie's anger was a bit too, and he'll sit.

« Reply #1523 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:27 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
I'm a bit confused now

He's had a couple rescinded this year already, so there might be an issue or some confusion with the league there. But Tim Bontemps along with several Kings beat writers verified that he has 16 now and will be suspended the next game against the C's.

Yesterday he led the league with 187 (iirc) fouls. (I'm p sure he is still on top, JaMychal Green was second with 182). I had a discussion with a friend about whether this is because the refs do not respect him or because he is a big playing lots of mins and getting lots of technicals. (I supported the latter) He would still be in the top 10 even if he had zero technicals, so my friend sure had a point.

Having said this, a rescinded technical still counts as a PF and I cannot see him getting less than 150 fouls (excluding technicals) even with better officiating; he has to be everywhere in the defence and he is a big, physical player. Anyway, thx jpotter33 for reminding me of rescinded technicals.

« Reply #1524 on: February 07, 2017, 01:33:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I'm a bit confused now

Yesterday he led the league with 187 (iirc) fouls. (I'm p sure he is still on top, JaMychal Green was second with 182). I had a discussion with a friend about whether this is because the refs do not respect him or because he is a big playing lots of mins and getting lots of technicals. (I supported the latter) He would still be in the top 10 even if he had zero technicals, so my friend sure had a point.

Having said this, a rescinded technical still counts as a PF and I cannot see him getting less than 150 fouls (excluding technicals) even with better officiating; he has to be everywhere in the defence and he is a big, physical player. Anyway, thx jpotter33 for reminding me of rescinded technicals.

Greece, I'm 99% sure that technical fouls don't count as personal fouls in the NBA.  They do in college, and maybe they do in Europe (you would know better than I), but not in the NBA.  So rescinded T's wouldn't matter for Cousins' PF total.

« Reply #1525 on: February 07, 2017, 01:53:33 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Anyone know why Jimmy Butler didn't play today?
Was it a dnp-cd or an injury or disciplinary action...hmmmm

« Reply #1526 on: February 07, 2017, 01:58:41 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
I'm a bit confused now

Greece, I'm 99% sure that technical fouls don't count as personal fouls in the NBA.  They do in college, and maybe they do in Europe (you would know better than I), but not in the NBA.  So rescinded T's wouldn't matter for Cousins' PF total.
oh geez I got that all wrong. Many thx for this.

« Reply #1527 on: February 07, 2017, 02:00:58 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Anyone know why Jimmy Butler didn't play today?
Was it a dnp-cd or an injury or disciplinary action...hmmmm

He's missed a couple games in a row now with a bruised heel.

« Reply #1528 on: February 07, 2017, 10:56:26 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Dirk is putting on a show right now! Pretty awesome throwback clutch performance.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #1529 on: February 07, 2017, 10:57:12 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Looks like Turner fractured his hand tonight. We play Portland on a back to back on Thursday after Sacramento on Wednesday.

Starting to benefit from some suspensions and injuries. We were due with as many costly injuries as we had in games earlier in the year.