Author Topic: Olympic Basketball  (Read 51228 times)

Re: Olympic Basketball
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 09:50:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I don't want the U.S. to be humiliated, but I did enjoy that missed dunk by Lebron, lol
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Physicality of FIBA ball throwing off NBA players... you see what you've done Stern? Our players are too soft.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Man, I'm going to love watching Rondo/AB/KG/Paul/Bass/Jet/JG/Wilcox/Sully and Co wiping that scowl off of Lebron's face next May.

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'm not exactly rooting for the US.

They have some of the most unlikable guys in the NBA on the team.  It's an extremely hard team to root for.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I don't like Westbrook being on Team USA. Too much over-dribbling.

A low-usage PG like an old Jason Kidd would be much more effective for the team.

What about that kid Rondo?  I heard he was pretty good.   :P

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Announcers making exscuses for US team saying the international competition has just increased. Anyone can see that this squad is not playing well together so far- no ball movement. Coach K just wants shooters who can dunk- westbrook. Kevin Love is barely playing. I'm not his biggest fan especially for not playing Rondo. He says he diddnt want a non shooter on the floor- guess who else was a non shooter who was the PG for the dream team-- Magic Johnson!!

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
can someone get me a box score? Why is it so difficult to find one. It was hard enough finding the roster on the USA mens basketball official site and they dont even have the boxscore

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
In general why is it impossible to find these type of things.

Same with summer league games. Why do they make it so difficult to find box scores

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »

fitzhickey

aussies are screwed without Bogut

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Announcers making exscuses for US team saying the international competition has just increased. Anyone can see that this squad is not playing well together so far- no ball movement. Coach K just wants shooters who can dunk- westbrook. Kevin Love is barely playing. I'm not his biggest fan especially for not playing Rondo. He says he diddnt want a non shooter on the floor- guess who else was a non shooter who was the PG for the dream team-- Magic Johnson!!

I agree that the makeup of the USA team is a bit off as Chandler the only legitimate big man and with USA missing all the 3s, it allows the other team to hang on. But you've gotta give credit to the international teams too though. Look at Brazil, on the first squad there was no fear in their eyes. There was none of the "oh my God we're playing USA!" look. They straight up took it to them. Against DR you could see that they were playing with them, it was more like an All Star Game. This time they had to play.

Also, the Brazil starters hanged with USA and at times even outplayed them. The difference is when the Brazilian bench players come in and they're playing against the likes of Durant and Westbrook, you can see how much deeper USA is.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am ashamed to say it but I don't know if I can root for these guys with Kobe and LeBron on their team.

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 08:19:27 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Man, I'm going to love watching Rondo/AB/KG/Paul/Bass/Jet/JG/Wilcox/Sully and Co wiping that scowl off of Lebron's face next May.

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

They have some of the most unlikable guys in the NBA on the team.  It's an extremely hard team to root for.
This.....I am allowed to go for Lithuania. Next I'd like a poor team like Nigeria

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

This.....I am allowed to go for Lithuania. Next I'd like a poor team like Nigeria

See I don't really get this.

I mean if any of the guys I hated came to the Celtics, there's just no way that would cause me to root against the Celtics, the only thing it would do would cause me to cheer for the guys I once hated.

Same thing with Team USA, how can I root against my country?  It's like rooting against the Celtics.

Cheer for the team, not the players.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
Rondo should be on this team.

No question.

I love Westbrook's game, but Rondo should be out there in his stead.

Rondo was originally going to be part of the 2010 world championships team (and then this 12 team I'm sure).  Coach K and staff decided they had to start Rondo at PG, with Rose backing him up, because Rondo was not the type of player/person who could happily accept a backup role (and as much as I love Rondo, they are probably right).  Rose clearly outplayed Rondo so they had to make the switch, and Rondo decided to ask off the team.  You don't ask off the team and then get invited 4 years later.  In another 4 years, if he expressed great interest, I bet they would consider him.

EDITED:  It was the 2010 World Championship team not the 08 Olympic team that I meant.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:38:13 PM by RLewis35 »