Author Topic: What do you do for a living? (Reloaded)  (Read 275314 times)

Re: What do you do for a living? (Reloaded)
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2009, 06:19:31 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
i day trade forex and equity markets  :)

« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2009, 06:24:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Fun topic thread - interesting to see so many different working backgrounds - but were all C's fans!

I coach D3 NCAA basketball
Direct a youth service program for Lowell Project Housing
&
my band www.doctorsofflight.com
Check us out!

Hey how are you? Did not know we have a coach here as well. Have not read this thread in a few hours so I apologize if I overlooked any other coaches here.

Maybe you (or anyone else here if you all wish) could help me out with what I call a "Good" problem:

What is "too" early to expose a child to lifting weights? My oldest son is 11 yrs old, about 5'10" and 150 pounds and showing no signs of stopping height-wise. I myself normally run 2 or so miles every other day, and he likes to go along with me for the run.

I also do light lifting of weights..my son also wants to do this. He is into sports (has played football, basketball and soccer), and so far I have told him no to the weight room, but have allowed him to run with me.

He insists on lifting with me, though. My take is that he needs to wait until at least his mid-teens for the weights and just continue to run/walk with me every other day.

Any thoughts?

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2009, 04:13:41 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I have been in the Air Force for the past 9 years as a weather forecaster, although I have spent much of that time attached with the army.

Thanks for your service. I just retired a bit ago from the U.S. Navy. I worked with AG's (Aerographer's Mates) on my last ship. I think they did the same thing that you did.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice, and God bless both of you guys ... you are my heroes ... seriously.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Fun topic thread - interesting to see so many different working backgrounds - but were all C's fans!

&
Check us out!

Hey how are you? Did not know we have a coach here as well. Have not read this thread in a few hours so I apologize if I overlooked any other coaches here.

Maybe you (or anyone else here if you all wish) could help me out with what I call a "Good" problem:

What is "too" early to expose a child to lifting weights? My oldest son is 11 yrs old, about 5'10" and 150 pounds and showing no signs of stopping height-wise. I myself normally run 2 or so miles every other day, and he likes to go along with me for the run.

I also do light lifting of weights..my son also wants to do this. He is into sports (has played football, basketball and soccer), and so far I have told him no to the weight room, but have allowed him to run with me.

He insists on lifting with me, though. My take is that he needs to wait until at least his mid-teens for the weights and just continue to run/walk with me every other day.

Any thoughts?

Youre doing good

.................................quote..............
However it is advisable that one does not start lifting weights till one is about 18 years old. This has nothing to do with growth. This is because the human body does not have the necessary hormones to build muscles till the age of 18. So it increases the rate of injury without much of a chance of building muscles.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2009, 09:53:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

&
Check us out!

Any thoughts?

Youre doing good

.................................quote..............
However it is advisable that one does not start lifting weights till one is about 18 years old. This has nothing to do with growth. This is because the human body does not have the necessary hormones to build muscles till the age of 18. So it increases the rate of injury without much of a chance of building muscles.

I'd like to add to this discussion, however, that weight-lifting is often used in younger ages and quite often with the elderly, as it is one of the fastest and most effective ways to build bone mass, (which is very helpful at pre-adult stages of bone disease and similar conditions that affect soft-tissue). So while weight-lifting is not very effective for building muscle mass prior to adulthood, it is often used with teens and sometimes pre-teens for other reasons. Building bone mass is also in direct relationship to how much muscle can be supported, so it can have beneficial effects for body-building later on.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Retired CPA....grandfather of five. including Redz' two wonderful daughters

Who's motorcycle is this?

It's a chopper baby.

Who's chopper is this?

Hardlyyardley's.

Who's Hardlyyardley?

Redz dad baby, Redz dad.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Not sure that Dad could balance that thing!  Better at balancing debits and credits.

Who's credit card bill is this?

It's a debit card bill baby.

Who's debit card bill is this?

Hardlyyardley's.

Who's Hardlyyardley?

Redz dad baby, Redz dad.

How's that?

Zed approved

Awesome.  TP Redz for the absolute perfect response.

« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2009, 04:29:18 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I have been in the Air Force for the past 9 years as a weather forecaster, although I have spent much of that time attached with the army.

Thanks for your service. I just retired a bit ago from the U.S. Navy. I worked with AG's (Aerographer's Mates) on my last ship. I think they did the same thing that you did.

We actually start off in the same school (along with Marines) and then about half way through we split off into service specific schools. 

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2011, 11:13:53 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Edgar

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 06:01:47 pm »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol this is really reloaded
its like 45th time i put this...lol

1) Proyect manajer for a protected areas worldbank proyect.
2) Legal representative for a family appraisal business
3) Civil engineer who happend to construct a couple of homes a year with a partner as a side businees
4) Celtic blog mod ( this by far takes most of my time)
5) contractor for family and friends ( this keeps me more busy thatn 1-3 togueter
6) Vodka Lover by choice
7) lovely father and husband...ups almost forget this one

Now its 46th.
After one and a half year there are slight changes in my working life
I LOVE changes and nwe challenge and I am the kind of person who really got bored after being doing much time doing the same stuff so my actual analysis is

1) Proyect manajer for a protected areas worldbank proyect.
I still consider myself a project manager but this adventure is over, so I am searching for the next one. I love the adventure of watching a project growth

Meanwhile

2) Legal representative for a family appraisal business
I am part time in this now, almost full time, I am specializing myself with a master degree in appraising and now I am specializing the company in Machinery and Business appraising ( I am somehow a Finance Master so It complements)

3) Civil engineer who happend to construct a couple of homes a year with a partner as a side businees

I am still doing this , one new house for this year, so if youre planning on moving to a tropical country we have wonderfull states starting at 300k ;D
(homes are cheap in El Salvador)

4) Celtic blog mod ( this by far takes most of my time)

Well...

5) contractor for family and friends ( this keeps me more busy thatn 1-3 togueter

stil...

6) Vodka Lover by choice

And never quits....

7) lovely father and husband...ups almost forget this one

Now expecting my second, this time my first daughter.
SOOO HAAPPYYYY

8) I am starting (already made a couple of sales) my own import business that will help some goverment agencies to get the things they need without declaring deserts the concourses over and over and over again.

9) I am planning to start a pet care business with my wife....keep you informed...

Thats it for mids 2011

See you on 2012

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Im a Branch Manager for a staffing agency.

Love it!

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

Now expecting my second, this time my first daughter.
SOOO HAAPPYYYY

Congrats CrotoDad!!
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2011, 01:21:16 PM »

Offline nashmage

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I am a Game Designer / Producer :)
Have loved playing games all my life so decided to start my own company making android and iphone/ipod games when I graduated. I am now a cofounder of RatDog Games and just released my first game called Animal Control. I am amazingly pumped about it (its out on android since yesterday and hopefully today or tomorrow on app store).

I just hope that I can make enough with small games that I can eventually make a basketball game that I actually think is good lol  ;D

« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I"m in the recruiting business. If anyone needs top-talent don't be afraid to reach out.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
I'm a disabled vet. So, when I start selling on eBay again, you should patronize my auctions.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
High school teacher and coach
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2011, 03:18:48 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I do financial consulting (free lance and for agencies. Tend to work 6-18 month gigs and then take-off for 3-6 months.  Work with behemoths like GM and Honda as well as mid-size and occasionally smaller companies and not for profits. Have worked a lot with banks, large multinational corporations, mid-size manufacturers and to a lesser extent with financial service companies and not for profits. Have also been a social worker, CPA, CFO, de facto CIO, COO, and day trader over my career. Currently at home after recently finishing a 10 month engagement thinking about writing a book, renewing my CPA license, going back into consulting, or getting involved with some not-for-profit.

I have had ring-side seats at most of the major financial meltdowns in this country going back to Penn Square, Bank of New England, the New England banking and commercial real estate crisis in the 90s, the dotcom and mortgage fiascoes, and more recently worked with Fannie Mae and GM just before they got bailed out. It's been a wild ride.