Author Topic: This Series Was Lost In Game 3  (Read 11676 times)

Re: This Series Was Lost In Game 3
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
horford is not the problem, joe joe is the problem, and good team defense will solve all.

If you take away KG and Perk, Horford becomes a problem -- a serious one because you've got no one who can physically match up with him. 

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
well, someone on the floor is going to be able o score, this is the nba.

but, if ou play good team defense, something we did all year but have done very sparringly since game 2, the hawks aren't a problem.

when you slack off, due to whatever factors, fouls, crowd, energy, whatever, then young teams who want it badly (and the hawks do) are going to be a problem.

no major overhaul is needed, just go back to playing celtics basketball.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald

The man who's played the best defense on Horford all series - Glen Davis.

Without KG and/or Perk alongside, BB has no help and it becomes a mismatch.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

The man who's played the best defense on Horford all series - Glen Davis.

Without KG and/or Perk alongside, BB has no help and it becomes a mismatch.
No it's not. He's been out on the floor against Horford without either and he's done fine. It'll be the exact same as it's always been. His advantage is his post position defense. Horford can't push him off the block. Davis is also quick enough to stay with any of Horford's spin moves. He limits Horford's post game better than any other Celtic has this series. He's defend Horford better than any other Celtic big man has.

Leon Powe has done a mysteriously poor job against Horford by the way. I don't know why Doc had him on Horford last night while BBD was in the game. I said mysteriously because he normally plays much better D than he has. Horford's just bigger, stronger, quicker, and better than Leon. Glen on the other hand is stronger than Horford, is just as quick, and his post position defense is excellent so he negates a lot of Horford's advantages..

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Give me some Big Baby!!!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 03:07:10 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I think we'll see a different C's team in game 5. The young guys are sooooo affected by which court they are on. The bench too. Wednesday is going to be intense.

I think the C's will take the next 2.

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Usually I would want them to win the series om home court - But I really want them to win this one in Atlanta.  It would be so nice to shut these nit-wits up.
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:12 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
No it's not. He's been out on the floor against Horford without either and he's done fine. It'll be the exact same as it's always been. His advantage is his post position defense. Horford can't push him off the block. Davis is also quick enough to stay with any of Horford's spin moves. He limits Horford's post game better than any other Celtic has this series. He's defend Horford better than any other Celtic big man has.

Leon Powe has done a mysteriously poor job against Horford by the way. I don't know why Doc had him on Horford last night while BBD was in the game. I said mysteriously because he normally plays much better D than he has. Horford's just bigger, stronger, quicker, and better than Leon. Glen on the other hand is stronger than Horford, is just as quick, and his post position defense is excellent so he negates a lot of Horford's advantages..

I would hope that you are correct.  Powe from what I've seen tends to struggle against longer players who have talent.  I recall in one of the Detroit games he was useless against Rasheed Wallace.

I just think that given the way this team lost Game 4, they're in trouble -- with or without KG but especially without. 

Many here are saying there's no way they'll lose Game 5 at home.  I'm afraid they're thinking the same thing - and given what's lead up to this plus the lack of defined roles on the bench since the influx of Cassel/PJ, I just think all of this is a recipe for losing Game 5 -- possibly convincingly.

Hope I'm wrong.

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:24 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think it's a combination of 3 players who the Celtics let loose. Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby and Josh Smith.  Those 3 have outplayed the Celtics big three. Plus you can't overlook the play of Josh Childress.  He's is giving the Hawks the same type of effort that Leon Powe and Big Baby has given us during the season.  Those four guys along with Horford has been killing us.  Granted I think we've done a solid job on Horford over the last two games.  But the Celtics are being expose in this series for their lack of athleticism at the front court position.  KG can't do it by himself.  Now these guys have confidence. The Celtics had three chances really of taking that confidence back but have not done so.  In the end I still have to say weather you guys like it or not this series WAS lost back in game 3.  

I said this going into Saturday nights game, when I read that stupid *ish in the Globe about Tony and Eddie. Then when I heard of disagreements and this player being upset with this player.  That player being upset with Doc.  They sure did pick the wrong time to start pointing the finger.  

This goes far deeper then just x's and o's.  I blame Doc for most of it too.  

Case in point: Eddie House son is chilling by the Hawks bench with a Mike Bibby jersey on cheering for the Hawks in games 3 and 4.

Now I don't care if uncle Mike is playing for the other team.  My son is not wearing a Hawks jersey and I'm play them in the play-offs.  Trust me he got called out for it after game 3. But there goes his son right there in game 4 wearing that same Bibby Jersey along with Bibby son cheering for the Hawks.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:30:58 PM by CT34 »

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Game 3 was the token 'weaker team wins one at home' game that occured in every NBA series save for LA/Denver and Phoenix/SA and has regularly occured in the playoffs forever. Entirely predictable given the way the C's easily won the first 2 games.

Game 4 was the eye opener because that wasn't supposed to happen.  The manner in which it happened though, is what's cause for alarm.  It's not like Atlanta got lucky.  They kicked butt and deserved to win.

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Plus you can't overlook the play of Josh Childress.
I am officially a Josh Childress fan.  He's been good every game.
Yup

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 03:46:11 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
Game 3 was the token 'weaker team wins one at home' game that occured in every NBA series save for LA/Denver and Phoenix/SA and has regularly occured in the playoffs forever. Entirely predictable given the way the C's easily won the first 2 games.

Game 4 was the eye opener because that wasn't supposed to happen.  The manner in which it happened though, is what's cause for alarm.  It's not like Atlanta got lucky.  They kicked butt and deserved to win.

Any other day and I would agree with you. But going into game 3 there was already some peoples in foul moods.  I mean the team just killed the Hawks in two game and dudes are cry about minutes.  I tell you the Celtics have more then 1 "big baby" on the team.  You lose a lot of energy when your fighting with your own teammate before the game about comments they make to the paper about playing time.  Leading one leader on the team to say "man this is about winning a **** Championship and ***** want to be crying".

Then you have someone acting as if he want to be on the other team and darn near his own family has Hawks gear on pulling for them. Now you say those type of things shouldn't effect a team but it does.  This team isn't as together as they was during the season.  It's in large part the reason why I say this series is over.  

I would be shock to tell you the truth if the Celtics do win this series.  I hope I'm wrong but I seen this happen too a lot of teams.  Either way I hope this get corrected during the offense.  I sure as heck know of 1 person will not be back with this team next season.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Plus you can't overlook the play of Josh Childress.
I am officially a Josh Childress fan.  He's been good every game.

I'm really digging Childress's game. He plays within himself. Also interesting to note that both Josh Childress and Josh Smith are restricted free agents this summer. Hello payday!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 03:52:58 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
What happen to my Doc Rivers being Out Coached by Mike Woodson thread?  Can anyone explain it to me?  Was I wrong by what I said?

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
What happen to my Doc Rivers being Out Coached by Mike Woodson thread?  Can anyone explain it to me?  Was I wrong by what I said?

I believe it was merged with the "Will Doc ever coach a team out of the first round?" thread.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team