Author Topic: This Series Was Lost In Game 3  (Read 11675 times)

This Series Was Lost In Game 3
« on: April 29, 2008, 01:32:26 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
When I got up this morning I was so quick to blame last night lost on Doc Rivers,the Refs, miss lay-up and oh yea miss free throws.  But once I cooled down and thought about last night game, I couldn't help but think back to Saturday games.  The Celtics had the chance to really put in end to this series on Saturday night. They came out as if they already won the series.  But that's only half the story.

I knew the Cs was in for a long night when I seen Violent Palmer and her crew refing the game.  I knew something was up when the shot clocks failed to work for half the game and then to my surprise they started working again mid-way thru the 4th quarter.

The Celtics also let Mike Bibby,Josh Smith and Joe Johnson feel comfortable within their offense.  Whereas in games 1 and 2 it was only Al Horford and nobody else.

Also Paul Pierce gave confidence to Josh Childress (who now thinks he can guard Pierce) by not taking it strong to the basket in game 3. 

What happen last night was a ripple effect of what happen in game 3.  You can't give any team confidence that they can beat you.  Look at what happen last season between Golden State and Dallas.  Look at what happen during the season between the Boston and Washington. 

I'm a fan of the Celtics and I hope they can turn this thing around.  But with or without KG for game 5.  I feel the series is already over unless we change a few things.

Too bad we can't change Coaches with leads me to my next thread.

Re: This Series Was Lost In Game 3
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Are you seriously using PAST tense on this series?  Come on!  I'm down after a couple of losses, but lets not write the obituary for crying out loud.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
**** its a tied series man, come off the ledge.

they'll be plenty of times for "why we lost this series" threads if/when we bounce out. 6 months worth of time infact.

I mean, im very concerned, but some of you guys are in a diffrent universe. No wonder bibby calls us fairweather, some people are ready to throw this team under the bus at 2-2. wow.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:41:02 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
The series is tied 2-2 remember that. C's have to regain 'momentum' which is likely to happen at home, but the series is not lost.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:42:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Are you seriously using PAST tense on this series?  Come on!  I'm down after a couple of losses, but lets not write the obituary for crying out loud.
Yeah I couldn't believe that either

Celtics in 6

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 01:43:13 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
  Re: First Round Game 1: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics, 4/20/08 (8:30pm, TNT)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »

here is what i said

i hope we dont sweep em....playoffs get tougher not easier...we need a kick in the butt before it's too late..sweep this team go to the next round thinkin we the bomb than lose like fools...

i dont want it to be easy...lets see if need be we can grind it out...

when we lost during regular i was glad we were losing...this was a new team that havent played much together and we had to find are weak areas...

im not surprised by these games we lost...i was preparing for it..but it still hurts..but i knew it was gonna be tuff..it's many teams better the hawks and if we cant be atl we shouldnt be there anyway...

sorry hobbs
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 02:18:12 PM by BASSTHUMPER »

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
**** its a tied series man, come off the ledge.

they'll be plenty of times for "why we lost this series" threads if/when we bounce out. 6 months worth of time infact.

I mean, im very concerned, but some of you guys are in a diffrent universe. No wonder bibby calls us fairweather, some people are ready to throw this team under the bus at 2-2. wow.

I woner what Bibby has to say about Atlanta fans though. They seem pretty fairweather as well, where were they in the reg. season?

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 01:45:36 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
we need the Dale and Holley "calm down" sound blurb here

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 01:51:44 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Good to see no one overreacting.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 01:54:09 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, this is one of those reactionary threads that we frown upon.

Anyway, everyone please keep comments on-topic, instead of making a bunch of one-liners directed at the OP.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
The Celtics don't need to change anything to. They just need to execute better.

They're getting beat because of their poor execution, not because Atlanta holds some trump card that has to be countered. Start playing with more intelligence. That's all they gotta do.

If they're without Perk and KG, they'll still should win game five. They're still better than Atlanta without either of them.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

They're getting beat because of their poor execution, not because Atlanta holds some trump card that has to be countered. Start playing with more intelligence. That's all they gotta do.

If they're without Perk and KG, they'll still should win game five. They're still better than Atlanta without either of them.

I don't think they are.  Who guards Horford?  Plus Pierce may be hurt.  He certainly played like it last night.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
horford is not the problem, joe joe is the problem, and good team defense will solve all.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 02:37:26 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Celtics should still win the series. 

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 02:45:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I don't think they are.  Who guards Horford?  Plus Pierce may be hurt.  He certainly played like it last night.
The man who's played the best defense on Horford all series - Glen Davis.