Author Topic: parking/subway to get to Garden  (Read 2945 times)

parking/subway to get to Garden
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »

Offline 2Xplosive

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Well I always take the train but this time im driving. I take the haverhaill line to get to north station. I was wondering where I could park to get on a subway to northstation.

Re: parking/subway to get to Garden
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 01:00:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Get off route 93 south at the Medford route 16 east exit. Proceed on 16 east about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile and Wellington Station will be on your right. Parking there is $3 and it's just 10 minutes and $1.25 on the Orange line into North Station away.

Beats $35.00 parking at the Garden and the jam to get out.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Yeah, Wellington works great; or you could do Sullivan Square, right off the Sullivan Sq exit off I-93 in Charlestown. Wellington and Sullivan are both on the Orange Line. Fare is $2.00 each way if you buy a "Charlie Ticket" (paper), or $1.70 each way if you can get a "Charlie Card" (plastic). Ask a T customer service rep for the plastic card.

You could also park at the Cambridgeside Galleria, and take the Green Line from Lechmere. Or even walk; it's not too far. Or park at Anderson/Woburn (has its own exit of 93) and take the commuter rail.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Or park at Anderson/Woburn (has its own exit of 93) and take the commuter rail.

I'd stay away from the commuter rail especially with Wednesday's late tip-off.  The late schedule is really spotty and it would be a shame to have to leave a close game early to make the train.  We use the Orange Line to Wellington (3 quick stops) every game, and it has never let us down.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Or park at Anderson/Woburn (has its own exit of 93) and take the commuter rail.

I'd stay away from the commuter rail especially with Wednesday's late tip-off.  The late schedule is really spotty and it would be a shame to have to leave a close game early to make the train.  We use the Orange Line to Wellington (3 quick stops) every game, and it has never let us down.
Not to mention how fast you are in your car and driving home from the time you decide to leave. Sullivan is a good place too but the lighting and area where you would park isn't the greatest. I always felt safer at Wellington and the wide open parking lot.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 02:01:53 PM »

Offline 2Xplosive

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
thanks guys

yea im young at 17 and with a friend so i guess ill go wilmington*

Anyone else going?