Author Topic: Predict Celtic Season Wins, EC Placement  (Read 2876 times)

Predict Celtic Season Wins, EC Placement
« on: December 07, 2020, 02:03:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Total wins (remember 72 game schedule): 44 (equivalent of 50 wins in 82 game schedule)

Finish 4th in Eastern Conference

Re: Predict Celtic Season Wins, EC Placement
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 02:14:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
48 wins

Kemba will miss a good number of games due to managing his knee and what not, but the Celts have continuity that the other top East teams don't right now.  They're also led by a couple young stars who won't be as fazed by the condensed schedule.

Other East teams will also have to load manage their top guys and will have some ups and down integrating new core pieces.

2 seed.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:18:53 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
48 wins

Kemba will miss a good number of games due to managing his knee and what not, but the Celts have continuity that the other top East teams don't right now.  They're also led by a couple young stars who won't be as phased by the condensed schedule.

Other East teams will also have to load manage their top guys and will have some ups and down integrating new core pieces.

2 seed.

44 wins, 2nd place.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 02:35:13 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
42 wins. 5th place.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 08:40:37 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
42 wins. 5th place.

42 wins - 5th place. I agree with this.

Like the Raptors I expect the Celtics to win less games but still comfortably make the playoffs.
Although we shouldn't have as many injuries as we often do. We can't afford to have Brown or Tatum miss some games as well on top of Walker's knee problems. Otherwise Philadelphia, Indiana, Atlanta and perhaps Washington could creep up on us.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 09:15:56 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Ill go 52.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
47 wins, 3rd seed.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 09:26:07 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
46 wins - 3rd seed.

We will all freak out to start the year because we aren't winning as much as we think we should, but we will look much stronger as the season progresses and our players get healthy.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 09:34:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I have no idea - we could be on a 60+ win pace and be title contenders if things go well or bomb out as a 2nd round team like Toronto last year. There are just so many uncertainties with this Celtics squad (eg. Kemba's health, how good will our youngsters be this year, how much will Jaylen/Tatum improve).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
55 wins, 1st place.

A lot pivots on Milwaukee. If all goes well here, they take first instead.

But Giannis posted a game last night that implied he is the exact same guy he was last year, with the same flaws. That won't be good enough. If Giannis doesn't sign by end of week, I think the weight of this will become a big problem. Also, if they have an injury or two, they will falter. They just didn't add the shooting they needed.

I also think Miami isn't as good as they looked in the playoffs.

The continuity and experience of Tatum, Brown, Smart and Theis produce better than expected results.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
55 wins, 1st place.

But Giannis posted a game last night that implied he is the exact same guy he was last year, with the same flaws. That won't be good enough. If Giannis doesn't sign by end of week, I think the weight of this will become a big problem. Also, if they have an injury or two, they will falter. They just didn't add the shooting they needed.

The continuity and experience of Tatum, Brown, Smart and Theis produce better than expected results.

Keeping in mind they're only playing 72 games, 55 would be the equivalent of 63 wins on an 82 game schedule - that's pretty elite.  55 prorated for a 72 game season comes out to 48+, that would be a decent mark for this team with the injuries they're starting out with. 

I'd hope for 45-48 wins and a 4th or 5th seed.

Yup

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 09:58:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
55 wins, 1st place.

You predict 55 wins in a 72 game schedule? That's 63 win pace in an 82 game schedule. Confidence.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
55 wins, 1st place.

You predict 55 wins in a 72 game schedule? That's 63 win pace in an 82 game schedule. Confidence.

I do know its a very confident prediction. I hated the old dynamic of Walker/Hayward confusing who took responsibility, and I expect that vacuum will force major progression from Tatum and Brown that will produce a more dynamic team.

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
1st 1st 1st

Much deeper depth this season

I believe in this years squad more than last seasons

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 01:09:57 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
55 wins, 1st place.

I do know its a very confident prediction. I hated the old dynamic of Walker/Hayward confusing who took responsibility, and I expect that vacuum will force major progression from Tatum and Brown that will produce a more dynamic team.
Doesn't a clearer pecking order on offence reduce dynamism and increase predictability lol. Obviously the offence can improve, but it'll be a more traditional offensive structure with 2-3 players who carry the bulk of the team's offensive load while other player provide defence, spot up shooting, extra passing and finishing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA