Author Topic: If Green continues to work on his outside game....  (Read 3842 times)

Re: If Green continues to work on his outside game....
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 03:16:51 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd prefer he keep attacking, myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dtSR33A42A

Oh.

My.

The James Worthy Comparisons are indeed worthy.

Keep attacking!

is he has big or long as Worthy? he just seems a lot smaller than Worthy in my view.
It's impossible to say. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:35:13 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 04:28:56 AM »

Offline arambone

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 80

Oh.

My.

Keep attacking!

is he has big or long as Worthy? he just seems a lot smaller than Worthy in my view.
It's impossible to say.

Both are listed at 6'9", Worthy 225 pounds and Green 235. But Jeff looks real lean right now. I'd guess he might be lower than the 235 listed. Worthy looks bigger because he played in the pre-HGH/untraceable steroid era.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I really, really don't get what is going on with people on here! He has one nice game and a thread is immediately up talking about how great he is. Did everybody else forget about the previous game? Or hell, the fact that he's averaging a career-low 7 points per game on the season?

He's still overrated, overpaid, and under-producing, and everybody else's eternal optimism regarding Green makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

yeah you probably are.  ::)

hes been agressive and playing well these last 3 games. last game he was doing good before he injured himself slightly.

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 06:24:25 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Games like last night...I have no problem with Pierce riding the bench.

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 07:31:27 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I really, really don't get what is going on with people on here! He has one nice game and a thread is immediately up talking about how great he is. Did everybody else forget about the previous game? Or hell, the fact that he's averaging a career-low 7 points per game on the season?

He's still overrated, overpaid, and under-producing, and everybody else's eternal optimism regarding Green makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Its pretty easy to be a wet towel these days, especially when you're just watching the box scores.

Tonight and the second half of the game against the bucks he was a game changer off the bench.  Besides, the dude has only gotten 20 minutes of time per game so far...what are you expecting? 20/10 games?

But hey, sorry for being optimistic about a 6'9" guy who runs like a gazelle, has a ridiculous vertical, and looked like a freight train when he drove to the hoop last night.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 07:40:17 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Oh.

My.

Keep attacking!

Looked very much like James Worthy last night without a doubt. It is only going to get better.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Its pretty easy to be a wet towel these days, especially when you're just watching the box scores.

Tonight and the second half of the game against the bucks he was a game changer off the bench.  Besides, the dude has only gotten 20 minutes of time per game so far...what are you expecting? 20/10 games?

But hey, sorry for being optimistic about a 6'9" guy who runs like a gazelle, has a ridiculous vertical, and looked like a freight train when he drove to the hoop last night.

I love what I've seen from Green over the past few games.

That said, stat heads are going to point out that Jeff Green is putting up pretty much the same per-minute numbers that he's always put up.

Per-36:

14.6 pts
5.0 reb
.8 ast
1.0 stl
.8 blk

.431 / .300 / .708 shooting

11.4 PER, .005 WS/48

Overall, not impressive statistically.  But there's definitely more than meets the eye from the box score w/ Jeff Green.  He just needs to play like he did last night more often.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Games like last night...I have no problem with Pierce riding the bench.

and the Big Ticket. It would be great if Wilcox could give us 20 minutes a game. That way KG only plays a possible 28 a game. Would keep him very fresh for when he is out there and fresh for the playoffs... IF it could be sustained. Positive here is Wilcox gave us 18 minutes last night.....and KG only played 29! wow. How great it will be to have a fresh team in the game in the 4th quarter late.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:54:02 AM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I agree somewhat.  To look at one week of basketball out of a 5 year career is ridiculous.  But it's still hard not to become optomistic when a player with his tools puts together a few good games.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 08:24:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Jeff Green ...had a  "I'm Back !" moment last night. 

I think he offically said "hello" to the Boston Garden fans.

I jumped out of my seat ., when Big AL got dunked on.

Jeff Green looks for all the world like James Worthy from the neck down on many offensive plays.

Did everybody see KG's face after that dunk ?? ;D...He was like "Where dat been?"  ;D 

Jeff Green has an ALstar body & game in him .  He just needs to LET GO and let it out.  Just let instincts take over and not study while in the game.   Think and study while your on the bench .

Congratualtions to Jeff.

Yup , I'm alright with Pierce sitting on the bench for long rests  , when Jeff Green plays like he did last night.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 06:13:47 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

That said, stat heads are going to point out that Jeff Green is putting up pretty much the same per-minute numbers that he's always put up.

Per-36:

14.6 pts
5.0 reb
.8 ast
1.0 stl
.8 blk

11.4 PER, .005 WS/48

Overall, not impressive statistically.  But there's definitely more than meets the eye from the box score w/ Jeff Green.  He just needs to play like he did last night more often.

The problem is actually the complete opposite of that... there's LESS than meets the eye when it comes to Jeff Green.

Jeff Green looks like he should be really, really good. He has a perfect basketball body and insane athleticism. His stroke looks smooth. He occasionally busts out beautiful moves. To the eye, this guy looks like he should be a max contract player.

The reality is that he isn't. He actually kinda sucks. Unfortunately many of the fans here (and Danny Ainge) have been lied to by their eyes and fail to see the true Jeff Green: average to below average for his entire career.

Anybody notice how much better OKC got when they stopped giving 36 minutes a game to Jeff freaking Green and started giving those minutes to guys like Serge Ibaka? It's really, really not a coincidence. He just put up another stinker against the Nets.

Reality check: Jeff Green is awful, his contract is awful, and he will never be the player people want him to be. On top of that, he's already 26! Ainge's trade of Perk was awful (he couldn't gotten a much better and much more needed big man from another team) but with JG's new contract he's just exacerbated the entire issue. What a mistake.

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 06:32:04 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Green is a good player.  He needs to work on his footwork and handle in the halfcourt.

I was impressed with his D on JJ against brooklyn in a few possessions.  That length, athleticism, and quickness are a tough combo on that end.  He might quickly be a better defender than Pierce.

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The problem is actually the complete opposite of that... there's LESS than meets the eye when it comes to Jeff Green.

That's generally how I feel.  Very rarely do I feel like Green is impacting the game unless it's due to one of his rare scoring explosions.  He's just not a guy who is going to win games through his guts and his hustle.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21

Per-36:

14.6 pts
5.0 reb
.8 ast
1.0 stl
.8 blk

11.4 PER, .005 WS/48

Jeff Green looks like he should be really, really good. He has a perfect basketball body and insane athleticism. His stroke looks smooth. He occasionally busts out beautiful moves. To the eye, this guy looks like he should be a max contract player.

The reality is that he isn't. He actually kinda sucks. Unfortunately many of the fans here (and Danny Ainge) have been lied to by their eyes and fail to see the true Jeff Green: average to below average for his entire career.

Anybody notice how much better OKC got when they stopped giving 36 minutes a game to Jeff freaking Green and started giving those minutes to guys like Serge Ibaka? It's really, really not a coincidence. He just put up another stinker against the Nets.

Reality check: Jeff Green is awful, his contract is awful, and he will never be the player people want him to be. On top of that, he's already 26! Ainge's trade of Perk was awful (he couldn't gotten a much better and much more needed big man from another team) but with JG's new contract he's just exacerbated the entire issue. What a mistake.
Perk has become a pretty bad player in the last couple seasons so dont give me that.  The man your bashing because he hasnt dropped 20 points yet just came off a heart surgery... he hasnt begun to show his full potential yet so stop jumping the gun... All you kids are getting too caught up in looking at numbers on NBA.com.  Those numbers wont tell you that Green has been playing out of position having been bumped up to the 4 his whole career from playing behind Durant and now Pierce... or that he hadnt played ball since the 2010 season and just had surgery... Or that he is actually a very good defender both perimeter and inside.
 The actual truth is that he is a very capable above average starter at the 3 and an average 4.

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 08:37:14 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
honestly, OKC got better when they started playing ibaka instead of Jeff green at the 4 because Ibaka is a more traditional 4 than jeff green who is more of a 3...

The thing i dont get with all the hoopla about Jeff is, jeff green DOESNT have to be a 20/10 guy for us...he just needs to be what he was in OKC which is a 12/5 guy...and thats a BIG boost to our team off the bench..especially as Pierce gets older

and, his $9million contract is about on par with what type of player he is...spot starter/not an all-star...Gerald Wallace is being paid $10million

we only look at it as overpaid because Rondo/Kevin garnett are UNDERPAID relative to their skill-sets and how they generally would be paid in the NBA