Author Topic: 10 Minute Rick Rubio Video  (Read 9761 times)

10 Minute Rick Rubio Video
« on: June 21, 2009, 05:37:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Just watched the following Rick Rubio video.  In ten minutes, he scored 50 points, shot 100% from the field, had 30 assists, 25 steals, and 12 rebounds. Too bad it was edited, then I'd be impressed. Seriously, the kid does remind me of the Pistol both in looks and style. But don't forget, there will only be one Pistol Pete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBLKrZCkeU

Re: 10 Minute Rick Rubio Video
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
This kid used to be "overrated", now he is somehow underrated. He's going to come in the the NBA and shock a lot of the doubters. 

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I love Rondo but anyway we could trade for the pick to get him?
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i think rubio wil be a star. his gave is very flashy but unlike plenty of point guards in the pros, every dribble has a purpose. there's no standing in one place shake and bake stuff. he looks to be incredibly instinctive. he reminds me of a taller john stockton on offense. no wasted movements.

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
sorry about the spelling. wow. ::)

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:44:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Would Ainge pull the trigger to get Rubio? Europeans will finally have a Point Guard to aspire too. He could be a revenue magnet.

Rondo has the edge right now. If only he had a jumper, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:55:56 PM by Change »

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »

Offline KG

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • Don't tread on D
he reminds me of a taller john stockton on offense.

He reminds me of Pete Maravich.  In pretty much every way.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
some team is gonna be very lucky. i've only seen a few games and i know its euro ball but to me he's a lock to be a great leader.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Would Ainge pull the trigger to get Rubio? Europeans will finally have a Point Guard to aspire too. He could be a revenue magnet.

Rondo has the edge right now. If only he had a jumper, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Agreed.  Frankly, if Rubio lasts to Sacramento (pick #4), I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny move Rondo for him (a move that is at least in part due to financial considerations as well as to the potential of landing a real star). 

If we could somehow move TA+Scal for Nocioni as well, that would be cool (especially because I could see Sacto buying out Scal and him then resigning with the Cs).  But then the #1 on the summer FA to do list becomes finding a quality PG to help ease the transition from Rondo to Rubio.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
His game is a little like manu ginobili. He's herky jerky but with purpose. He looks like he'll be a player.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Agreed.  Frankly, if Rubio lasts to Sacramento (pick #4), I wouldn't be surprised to see Danny move Rondo for him (a move that is at least in part due to financial considerations as well as to the potential of landing a real star). 

If we could somehow move TA+Scal for Nocioni as well, that would be cool (especially because I could see Sacto buying out Scal and him then resigning with the Cs).  But then the #1 on the summer FA to do list becomes finding a quality PG to help ease the transition from Rondo to Rubio.
Those are big Ifs. If a deal gets done, It has to be with Memphis. Rondo/TA/Scal/2nd Round    for     Rubio/Darko. Than our priority would be signing a point guard who splits time with Rubio.

Or Rondo for Rubio/Warrick. Than go to sacramento TA/Scal for Nocioni.

This Deal would save us money for the next 3 seasons, but would cost us money this season.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:18:14 PM by Change »

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Not bad for an 18 year-old playing in the Euroleague. Court vision like that is something you just can't teach.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 10:08:50 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
His court vision is definitely impressive, as is his passing. He also has a better understanding of team ball than any other PG in the draft, because he's been a pro since 16yo.

What I did see is that his athleticism and speed is lacking. He also didnt shoot alot of jumpers (I know, I know, Rondo doesnt either but thats besides the point).

Lastly, I have a feeling that in his first couple of seasons he will be called for Traveling and palming the ball ALOT! Sometimes he is actually traveling and palming, the other time it LOOKS like he is, because of his herky jerky moves and skipping, hopping hesitation moves.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 10:40:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
His court vision is definitely impressive, as is his passing. He also has a better understanding of team ball than any other PG in the draft, because he's been a pro since 16yo.

What I did see is that his athleticism and speed is lacking. He also didnt shoot alot of jumpers (I know, I know, Rondo doesnt either but thats besides the point).

Lastly, I have a feeling that in his first couple of seasons he will be called for Traveling and palming the ball ALOT! Sometimes he is actually traveling and palming, the other time it LOOKS like he is, because of his herky jerky moves and skipping, hopping hesitation moves.

Maybe in his first couple of seasons, but if he gets any kind of star recognition he'll get away with that kinda stuff all over the place.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Maybe in his first couple of seasons, but if he gets any kind of star recognition he'll get away with that kinda stuff all over the place.

Yup, the sad truth about the NBA.  :'(