Author Topic: Whats it worth to find Rob Williams and Romeo in 2021  (Read 7403 times)

Re: Whats it worth to find Rob Williams and Romeo in 2021
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 09:17:48 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Cs need a stud PF who can shoot 3s at over37% and average about 15 and 8.
Collins?

Can a player be considered a “Stud” PF if they are only averaging 15ppg and 8reb?
Al Horford and Draymond come to mind.

So yes, if they’re elite passers and defenders
mi would not consider Horford a PF at this point in his career. He’s a 5. On the other hand, I’d love to have Draymond on the Cs. He’d be a very good fit. Can handle the ball and initiate offense. Veteran leader and champion. And he and Smart would be insufferable to deal with for any team facing the Cs.

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 07:57:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Cs need a stud PF who can shoot 3s at over37% and average about 15 and 8.
Collins?

Can a player be considered a “Stud” PF if they are only averaging 15ppg and 8reb?
Al Horford and Draymond come to mind.

So yes, if they’re elite passers and defenders
mi would not consider Horford a PF at this point in his career. He’s a 5. On the other hand, I’d love to have Draymond on the Cs. He’d be a very good fit. Can handle the ball and initiate offense. Veteran leader and champion. And he and Smart would be insufferable to deal with for any team facing the Cs.
Oh yeah, definitely not. I was talking about Al when he first signed here. A guy like Draymond would be ideal. It's why I wanted us to draft Xavier Tillman. Has played PF and C in Memphis, has been a strong defender, rebounder and passer, and has shown flashes of perimeter shooting.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 08:57:14 PM »

Offline Boss_D

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
DA should have drafted Poku instead of Nesmith, Poku brings a lot to his game other than shooting...

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2021, 09:29:20 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
DA should have drafted Poku instead of Nesmith, Poku brings a lot to his game other than shooting...
Poku doesn't bring any shooting (one of the worst efficiency splits in the league), and is generally terrible on offence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 09:42:09 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Wouldn’t Poku get about the same playing time as Nesmith ?

Celtics roster is stacked. Who’s he getting minutes over, Tatum or Brown ? That’s Nesmith’s problem. He’s got all stars ahead of him

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2021, 03:39:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I would have been happy with Bey.

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

I would have been happy with Bey.
The Jury is still out on Nesmith 21.  Bey, 22, is blessed playing time and not be fearful of mistakes. The way  I bet Nesmith can take Bey of the dribble and score.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2021, 03:47:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I would take that bet in a heartbeat.   Bey has man strength and is more experienced than Nesmith in college.   Experience counts and Bey has more although Nesmith is more athletic, I don't he has the handles to do as you suggest.

In fact, one of the most disheartening things about Aaron is the lack of trying to score.   There is some talent there.   But what would happen is he would stand in the corner and not drive.

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2021, 03:56:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am not sure anyone should be having definitive opinions on what any rookie or second year player can/can't do or will/won't be later on down the line.

These last two years have thrown most of these players into massive turmoil limiting their games/minutes available to them. Then there was the bubble. No Summer League this year. Extremely shortened training camp and preseason this year. No practices. Closed down practice facilities. Covid protocols that disturb sleep patterns and throw players into isolation for many games. The condensed schedule. Some having to take lengthy time off due to games cancelled.

It's been a nutty last 13 months. I think we should be patient with these 1st and 2nd year players. Their introduction to the NBA has been about as bad as it gets.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2021, 06:46:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Still patience can cut both ways look at how the patience with Yabusele went and we are still paying for it.   It is a produce now league and not the minor leagues.  Nesmith I think you can give a pass too as he belongs in Maine.

I think there are definite signs of concern on some of these guys.  I mean it was hard to scout a guy who played 11 games.