Author Topic: Kings (16-24) at Celtics (20-20) Game #41 3/18/21  (Read 21494 times)

Re: Kings (16-24) at Celtics (20-20) Game #41 3/18/21
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2021, 11:15:52 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
even though we had 5 guys in double digit scoring, no one hit 20.  only one that had a decent shooting game was Theis (TL was 6-8 but it's not like he's really a 'shooter').   unreal the level of offensive futility this team is going through

« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2021, 11:29:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Below .500. Really embarrassing. Maybe we should let Brad go to Indiana and many players as possible. Keep trying to win as we head to the lottery. Paul Pierce are you interested in coaching? They have been talking about turning things around by beating Cleveland and Sacramento and the next couple of games before Milwaukee to get us going. Hey Danny - Guess What? It's TOO LATE. You needed to make a trade a couple weeks ago AND STOP preaching patience and waiting until the trade deadline to make a better move. It has FAILED just like I said it would weeks ago. No sense any more in being buyers. We should be sellers and Danny can save some more draft picks until they are no longer valuable and turn into players like Langford and Nesmith and Edwards. SELL SELL SELL. Get rid on TT, Kemba all the bench crap and Theis if need be. Keep Tatum, Brown, Timelord, Smart & Pritchard. Everything else OUT.

« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
People pointing fingers all over the place, but I think the big difference between this team and the one that started 8-3 is that Tatum (covid), Kemba (knee), Smart (calf) and Brown (knee) are healthy enough to play, but still not quite themselves.

Case in point would be Tatum’s late drive which was weak and easily blocked by Holmes. The pre-covid Tatum probably finishes that with a dunk.

Was chatting earlier today with a friend who caught covid in November. Dude is still feeling fatigued five months later. This is reality for a lot of people.

Point is, it’s too easy to make this about the players becoming complacent or entitled or something along those lines. A good deal of it, I suspect, is physical.

« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2021, 12:40:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
People pointing fingers all over the place, but I think the big difference between this team and the one that started 8-3 is that Tatum (covid), Kemba (knee), Smart (calf) and Brown (knee) are healthy enough to play, but still not quite themselves.

Case in point would be Tatum’s late drive which was weak and easily blocked by Holmes. The pre-covid Tatum probably finishes that with a dunk.

Was chatting earlier today with a friend who caught covid in November. Dude is still feeling fatigued five months later. This is reality for a lot of people.

Point is, it’s too easy to make this about the players becoming complacent or entitled or something along those lines. A good deal of it, I suspect, is physical.

So COVID is why he doesn’t pass to his wide open teammate when he is double teamed?

« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2021, 01:19:20 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
What has happened to Smart's defense?  Fox embarrassed him multiple times.  He plays no where near the level of the last two seasons.  I guess he still is working himself back into shape, but man does he look heavy footed out there.

I thought Pritchard did a better job staying in front. Smart can't guard the smaller faster guards. Look what the Cavs did to him. I WAS HOPING AT THE START OF THE SEASON WE'D GET A GOOD SMALL DEFENSIVE GUARD. But we didn't. Right now Kemba is our best guard on small quick guards. I'd aslo like to see Waters get some minor minutes on small quick guards. He can stay in fron to f them and is a defensive pest.

« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2021, 01:24:16 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

So COVID is why he doesn’t pass to his wide open teammate when he is double teamed?

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe he’s just not Lebron James yet. They’re young and it isn’t going to just be a coronation for them.

Honestly watching this team ... it’s like, you ever do a bunch of heavy deadlifts? And then later in the day you feel like you’re gonna fall asleep at the dinner table? These guys just look fatigued. Not like they’re out of shape, but that they’re ragged. Tatum and Brown are not Ironmen, they’re kids. The NBA requires you to be fit and energetic but also durable and capable of sustained effort, and that takes some age and maturation.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2021, 02:18:44 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Our team looks tired...maybe they cannot find the energy to win these games, without any practices either.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #307 on: March 20, 2021, 05:33:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe he’s just not Lebron James yet. They’re young and it isn’t going to just be a coronation for them.

Honestly watching this team ... it’s like, you ever do a bunch of heavy deadlifts? And then later in the day you feel like you’re gonna fall asleep at the dinner table? These guys just look fatigued. Not like they’re out of shape, but that they’re ragged. Tatum and Brown are not Ironmen, they’re kids. The NBA requires you to be fit and energetic but also durable and capable of sustained effort, and that takes some age and maturation.
You don't need to be LeBron to consistently make passes to wide open teammates.

But yeah I think this team is fatigued. Our core 4-6 need to carry a really heavy load due to how crap their backups/teammates are to just keep the team afloat, our utter lack of quality depth is really biting us in the rear end at this stage of the season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA