Author Topic: Kemba’s got to go...  (Read 46887 times)

Re: Kemba’s got to go...
« Reply #255 on: May 23, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
5 months later and this post still holds true. Danny needs to do whatever he can to move Kemba in the off-season. Can’t waste any more seasons with Walker as the 3rd max guy on this team. I thought it was a good signing at the time, but it just isn’t working out and it won’t. Time to cut your losses, Danny. Hopefully Tatum is in Beals ear during the off-season and convinces him to ask out of Washington. I don’t care how many 1st round picks it takes to move  Kemba. It Needs to be done.

You’re not getting Beal for Kemba. You might get Westbrook though.

You do realize that Beal will be an Unrestricted free agent this time next year? If he asks to be moved or informs the team that he is not signing another extension, they will have to trade him just like Houston did with Harden. I can’t imagine they would let him walk for nothing. Players have all the leverage now and if/when he does get moved, it could be a potential 1 year rental for the other team. Teams interested in Beal are not going to give up the farm for someone that is not under contract for at least a few years.

They’re still not going to trade him for Kemba.  Why would they trade Beal for Kemba who plays the same position as Westbrook, both of whom would be in terrible contracts. 

The wizards would rather let Beal walk for nothing and have the cap space than do that. 
Greg

« Reply #256 on: May 23, 2021, 06:42:17 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I would like to see the Celtics get out of the free agent game and keep building through the draft.

« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2021, 06:45:58 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
My guess is Kemba might go at next season's trade deadline.

I think we have enough young guys(draft picks).  If Ainge gets picks fine, use them in trades for a veteran player.

I'm with the guys who think the team would be better with a distributing style of point guard. Rondo does OK at this style. I'm not sure though.

As far as Nets series...they are small and Robert ate them alive. I wish we had a PF who can shoot to put next to Robert and increase the size/matchup problems for the Nets.

Kemba is ok, he's just not a very good match with this team.

« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All this because Kemba had a bad shooting day? If Kemba went 7-16 instead of 5-16 everyone would be posting in the "It's time to back off Jayson Tatum" calling for Tatum's head because he went 6-20 from the field(which by the way, is a worse FG% than Kemba had) and 1-4 from three( which is worse that Kemba's 3-7 ).

Fact is, besides Smart, Parker and Timelord, everyone else on the team was bad offensively. This loss wasn't only Kemba. He shot poorly, but so did Tatum, Fournier, Nesmith and Pritchard.

To me, from the first post after the game to here, this thread is nothing more than hyperbolic over reaction.

« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2021, 07:08:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
CBS iced Kemba....should have played him through the fouls. Not as if he had a lot of choices.

« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2021, 07:15:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
All this because Kemba had a bad shooting day? If Kemba went 7-16 instead of 5-16 everyone would be posting in the "It's time to back off Jayson Tatum" calling for Tatum's head because he went 6-20 from the field(which by the way, is a worse FG% than Kemba had) and 1-4 from three( which is worse that Kemba's 3-7 ).

Fact is, besides Smart, Parker and Timelord, everyone else on the team was bad offensively. This loss wasn't only Kemba. He shot poorly, but so did Tatum, Fournier, Nesmith and Pritchard.

To me, from the first post after the game to here, this thread is nothing more than hyperbolic over reaction.
I don't know if it's that simple. Kemba can still play good games here and there, and people can still think he's not the right fit long-term
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2021, 07:37:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I don't know if it's that simple. Kemba can still play good games here and there, and people can still think he's not the right fit long-term
I get that. But this was definitely an overreaction to one bad night. And, yes, a couple posts were hyperbolic about it. I don't think it a coincidence that no one has been posting in this thread while Kemba was red hot but suddenly gets revived after a poor shooting performance. I think unequivocally that if Kemba hit 2 or 3 more shots, this thread would never have been revived.

« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2021, 07:37:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I get that. But this was definitely an overreaction to one bad night. And, yes, a couple posts were hyperbolic about it. I don't think it a coincidence that no one has been posting in this thread while Kemba was red hot but suddenly gets revived after a poor shooting performance. I think unequivocally that if Kemba hit 2 or 3 more shots, this thread would never have been revived.
Yeah, no doubt. Kemba was far from our worst. People also see the contract and have expectations of perfection

« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2021, 07:56:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
5 months later and this post still holds true. Danny needs to do whatever he can to move Kemba in the off-season. Can’t waste any more seasons with Walker as the 3rd max guy on this team. I thought it was a good signing at the time, but it just isn’t working out and it won’t. Time to cut your losses, Danny. Hopefully Tatum is in Beals ear during the off-season and convinces him to ask out of Washington. I don’t care how many 1st round picks it takes to move  Kemba. It Needs to be done.

You’re not getting Beal for Kemba. You might get Westbrook though.

You do realize that Beal will be an Unrestricted free agent this time next year? If he asks to be moved or informs the team that he is not signing another extension, they will have to trade him just like Houston did with Harden. I can’t imagine they would let him walk for nothing. Players have all the leverage now and if/when he does get moved, it could be a potential 1 year rental for the other team. Teams interested in Beal are not going to give up the farm for someone that is not under contract for at least a few years.

They’re still not going to trade him for Kemba.  Why would they trade Beal for Kemba who plays the same position as Westbrook, both of whom would be in terrible contracts. 

The wizards would rather let Beal walk for nothing and have the cap space than do that.

Westbrook Has a player option at the end of next season. He may be gone as well. I would be surprised if Washington would prefer letting Beal walk for nothing vs getting Kemba and a couple of first round picks and/or a young player like Pritchard/Nesmith.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2021, 07:58:48 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I would really want some trade like this: https://tradenba.com/trades/3y4Xx29JM

Send Kemba off for Thad Young, Tomaś Satoransky and Al-Farouq Aminu. Chicago get a big 3 of Vuce-Lavine-Kemba with Williams and White alongside, we get depth.

Run it back next year with Fournier and a team of:
Smart - Pritchard - Madar
Fournier - Satoransky - Langford
Brown - Nesmith - Aminu
Tatum - Young - G Williams
R Williams - Thompson - Kornet

All of a sudden our bench is really strong 6-10

I like that trade. We need more depth and experience.
Also guys who know their roles.

Also with Young, Satoransky, Aminu and Thompson you'd have a lot of useful expiring contracts to set you up to be able to make all kind of moves. Especially with our picks still to our disposal.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:03:57 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2021, 08:15:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Send Kemba off for Thad Young, Tomaś Satoransky and Al-Farouq Aminu. Chicago get a big 3 of Vuce-Lavine-Kemba with Williams and White alongside, we get depth.

Brown - Nesmith - Aminu

I like that trade. We need more depth and experience.
Also guys who know their roles.

Also with Young, Satoransky, Aminu and Thompson you'd have a lot of useful expiring contracts to set you up to be able to make all kind of moves. Especially with our picks still to our disposal.
That was the way I was going. Get expiring contracts on veterans who know their role. Chicago might need a pick or a prospect to convince them, but I think a fringe All-Star alongside their two bona fide All-Stars would appeal to them.

« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2021, 01:05:28 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Brown - Nesmith - Aminu

There's no way the Cs would sign Fournier and go into the into the Luxury Tax for that team.

« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2021, 02:22:34 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

The thread was created in january, there is nothing new on what I read there. We will soon end the season and it is good time for speculation. One of the biggest will be Kemba future. So I don't see any overreaction there. Most people, don't think the Kemba impact on the team is enough positiv to justify this contract and that his fit isn't good. An I know we cannot expect anything about Ainge speach, but he talks about changes; it is the most probable one I guess; if we find a partner.

Whatever Kemba has prooved he is still a good (but inconstent) offensive player, fringe all stars. He will just have 2 years more contracts, isn't that old, so that is also positiv to trade him. Some teams could bite (San Antonio, Chicago, NO, Mavs...). But i wouldn't trade him to trade him just to replace his2years salary by worst 1y contracts  like in Gouky trade (like 2 average bench players overpayed and another cooked one; ep when Kemba contract end in a particulary exeptionnal Free Agent year)...
I think with the room created if a team who has cap space like SA take him (esp if we can dump also TT) and with the little value we can get from him (again look at what Conley brought it wasn't that bad), we could find something better in a ST for picks and youth (again the Ball stuff) ; before extend or create TPE with Evan and sign the MLE as TT is gone.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 04:56:27 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2021, 03:56:12 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Nick, we all know how people overreact to single game wins or losses, particularly if it's something to do with their favorite (or least favorite) players. It's a CS special (and part of what makes this forum so entertaining to read, with all the quick takes  :angel: )

I doubt Kemba's going anywhere. Or I should say one game isn't going to convince people one way or the other. The haters still think he's too small and overpriced, the supporters will say he was crippled by foul trouble and never got into rhythm. He didn't shoot particularly well but with the team shooting 37% overall nobody did. We shot 40% in the first half and that was boosted by going 5-17 from 3, so from 2 we actually shot 9-27 for 33%...in the 2nd we regressed to the mean from 3 at 2-13 for 15% (for a game total of 11-30 for 36% which is probably right around our average. From 2 we shot 11-27 (40%). Tatum was 0-6 from the field in the 2nd half, KD chased him around everywhere and made sure he couldn't even get the ball, roughing him up if he had to...Fournier 1 of 4, Nesmith 0 of 2.

We definitely need more from Kemba, and JT, and Fournier. They have to carry the load with Jaylen out. I felt in the 2nd half they played with a lot more fear and inhibition than they did in the first, maybe they didn't expect Brooklyn to shoot so bad and found themselves in a position where they started to worry about winning the game. I don't feel the Nets beat us as a team last night - it was KD and Kyrie's individual brilliance that got them over the line. They looked disorganized offensively to be honest.

I'm sure Kemba is tradable like any other player other than JT and maybe JB. Just comes down to what you are going to get back in return. Chris Paul ain't walking through that door that's for sure  :angel:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 04:10:28 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2021, 09:04:21 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

The idea that this is a reaction to one game is hard to take. Besides just shooting poorly, he had 2 assists and 3 turnovers, and he tends to have bad turnovers. He wasn't out there playing intelligently and just missing. He was just bad, and that was a game a competitive team needed to win. They probably won't shoot that poorly again.