Author Topic: Additional Rehabilitation Projects in the Off-season?  (Read 7890 times)

Re: Additional Rehabilitation Projects in the Off-season?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2021, 05:31:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I agree that we should pay whatever luxury tax it takes to compete and if the owners are not willing to pay a significant tax they should sell the team. Anybody lucky enough go own the Celtics should realize that being the best is not cheap. Bet if you polled the 500 richest people in the country, at least 5 of them would be willing to pay whatever it takes to own the Celtics and make them champions.
do you happen to have any source for this conclusion? if so, please post it. thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2021, 06:50:15 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
Its a bet....you have to bet him 1st

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2021, 07:29:55 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I agree that we should pay whatever luxury tax it takes to compete and if the owners are not willing to pay a significant tax they should sell the team. Anybody lucky enough go own the Celtics should realize that being the best is not cheap. Bet if you polled the 500 richest people in the country, at least 5 of them would be willing to pay whatever it takes to own the Celtics and make them champions.
do you happen to have any source for this conclusion? if so, please post it. thank you.

I know you typically demand evidence for people's assertions - and a lot of times it is necessary - but I laughed at this one. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that greenly doesn't have a source for this. Besides, he didn't say definitively, he just said he would bet...and honestly, it's probably true. 1% of the 5 richest people in the world would probably have no problem spending the Cs to a Title. Like, why not?

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 08:12:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The return on investment on the Celtics as a franchise will make the current owners obnoxiously rich when they sell. Don't see why any bazzilionaire won't love to buy this team. They probably will makes gobs of cash over a decade or more in doing so.