Author Topic: Doc's Credit...!!!  (Read 4649 times)

Doc's Credit...!!!
« on: April 21, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Okay, so it is known (or acknowledged by me here) that I am a Doc basher, to date. But, the last game, his rotations, adjustments, assignments...ect where OUTSTANDING...!   Belechek (spelling?) like, The way he moved Ray from guarding Wade, to free up his shooting ( most cannot guard Wade and produce great offense), BBD in.....and staying with him...he did struggle a bit in the first half of the first game......So, A salute to Doc....he was right on the money...!

Re: Doc's Credit...!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:05:20 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Let it be known that I, for the first time, agree with you Meadow. And glad that you gave Doc the credit he deserved. He played the rotation game awesomely and BBD was the absolute, correct choice. TP!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Let it be known that I, for the first time, agree with you Meadow. And glad that you gave Doc the credit he deserved. He played the rotation game awesomely and BBD was the absolute, correct choice. TP!

Hey, that is great..thanks..!

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
In the first game, late in the fourth quarter, he brought Pierce in for Ray, and left Tony in to finish.  I thought that was a good move at the time.  Maybe Doc's on a roll.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
TP4U Meadowlark!! So few here will come forward and give credit to someone that they "bash" or just don't like. Those that do should always be rewarded!!

And following that along, I say I have been completely wrong regarding what Tony Allen would bring to this team this year. I still hate his game, but he's been able to accentuate his good points and de-emphasize his weaker points this year to the tune of a much more effective bench player. One I never thought he could become for this team.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Nice Post, Meadowlark and congrats on your 100+ TPs!

Doc does seem to be steadying up on his coaching this post season. This is a good thing.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've liked what he has done overall. My only complaints have been him starting Baby the other day and playing Baby, before Sheed, in the 2nd half of the first game.

Those choices ended up paying off, but I still didn't like the decisions.

He has used Tony Allen very well, and I liked that he didn't hesitate to play him when Ray clearly wasn't playing well (something he used to do a lot).

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 10:02:37 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
In the first game, late in the fourth quarter, he brought Pierce in for Ray, and left Tony in to finish.  I thought that was a good move at the time.  Maybe Doc's on a roll.
I commented that the other day, it was an obvious move but still I was surprised Doc made it
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
Don't understand your being upset with the decision to start Baby over Sheed, Budweiser, since the choice clearly paid off.

I'm not a Sheed basher and love his game, but loves Baby's game too.

I agree playing Tony when Ray is not having a good night is such a good decision. I can remember so many games just praying that Doc would take out the starters who were having a bad night. It seemed he would just keep hoping that they'd grind on and magically start dropping it in. But we all have bad nights and when that happens, play someone else. Tony is playing awesome when given the confidence and time. Amazingly awesomely!

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:01:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Don't understand your being upset with the decision to start Baby over Sheed, Budweiser, since the choice clearly paid off.
Just because a coaching call works doesn't mean it was the right play or decision to make.

As long as Baby plays like he has for the past 6 quarters Sheed should just strictly the fourth big and backup 5, at least for this series.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 11:06:40 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Because in my opinion, he has been responsible for many of our offensive woes this year, and in the playoffs. And it was very evident in the first half of the last game, when he relentlessly forced shots that got blocked, didn't pass the ball to Ray Allen who was open the whole game,p particularly in the corner.

He was doing the same thing in the first game, thankfully his rebounding showed up in the 4th quarter.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Wow...

FYI Sheed will more than likely never be playing alongside Perkins.   I don't see how anyone could think differently.   Haven't you been beaten over the head enough with Sheed not being about to move to understand it?

I suggest getting used to Doc doing things that work out but, that might not be the best idea to some 'fans'.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
Exactly Birdbrain, my thoughts exactly! Wow, you read my mind. ;D

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Doc has done an excellent job with rotations in past playoffs. His one major blemish was sitting House a little too long in 2008.

I've been a Doc supporter since day one, and continue to be. Go Doc! Go Celtics!!

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Wow...

FYI Sheed will more than likely never be playing alongside Perkins.   I don't see how anyone could think differently.   Haven't you been beaten over the head enough with Sheed not being about to move to understand it?

I suggest getting used to Doc doing things that work out but, that might not be the best idea to some 'fans'.

That's just once side of the coin. The amount of damage Davis has been inflicting on our offense was not outweighting his positives in the defense, which weren't much at all.

In particular Baby was for the most part the one responsible for letting the Heat get back in the game in the 1st quarter after we came out with a great start.

And I don't mind Perkins and Sheed playing together much, particularly at the start of the game, Perkins is [dang] good pick and roll defender, and both of them protect the basket fairly well. Davis' advantage is with his speed, but with tall and mobile PF's, he can be taken advantage off. Thankfully, Beasley isn't playing to his capabilities.

In all, if the ball movement had been as it should, we would've had a great lead in the 1st quarter and the rest would've been history. The proof is in the 3rd quarter when finally the ball movement was as it should.

I would have zero problem with Baby if he would just pass the freaking ball, but there are still too many stretches where he dominates the ball unnecessarily, and it hurts the team greatly.