Author Topic: Ok fine, i'll be the first to bring it up... (BBD starting over KG, merged)  (Read 16449 times)

Re: Ok fine, i'll be the first to bring it up... (KG)
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2010, 04:36:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Basketball is all about chemistry. Since KG original injury the starters dont seem to have it most nights. Could this be because as a team we are just to slow? Perkins,Pierce and a hobbeled Garnett is a extermly slow froncourt.

Davis will never be a better player than KG. Right now at this moment in time could he be a better fit for the team? The only way to find out would to start Davis and have Garnett be the sixth man. Doc doesnt have the jewels for this so we will never know.

Garnett is a faster defensive PF than Glen Davis even now. Taking Garnett out of the front court makes it slower not faster.

Just to fair you thought Perkins was faster as well. 
He is at help defense. Davis has the recovery speed of a 5 at his current weight.

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I won't give the trolling posters what they want and mention their name.  If you can't see what I'm saying you need glasses.  
What differentiates you from the trolls then? You're both making outlandish statements dismissively towards their subjects. I prefer them because their target is a Celtics player, not another poster.

Some posters were childish towards BBD. But you lumped a lot of posters who merely point out the flaws in his game with the same brush.

And I think the stats from last year are very relevant. It shows what Davis can do with the other 4 starters.

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I won't give the trolling posters what they want and mention their name.  If you can't see what I'm saying you need glasses.  
What differentiates you from the trolls then? You're both making outlandish statements dismissively towards their subjects. I prefer them because their target is a Celtics player, not another poster.

Some posters were childish towards BBD. But you lumped a lot of posters who merely point out the flaws in his game with the same brush.

And I think the stats from last year are very relevant. It shows what Davis can do with the other 4 starters.

I'm not going back and forth with you concerning the trolls.

I do think using stats from last year is worthless.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Basketball is all about chemistry. Since KG original injury the starters dont seem to have it most nights. Could this be because as a team we are just to slow? Perkins,Pierce and a hobbeled Garnett is a extermly slow froncourt.

Davis will never be a better player than KG. Right now at this moment in time could he be a better fit for the team? The only way to find out would to start Davis and have Garnett be the sixth man. Doc doesnt have the jewels for this so we will never know.

Garnett is a faster defensive PF than Glen Davis even now. Taking Garnett out of the front court makes it slower not faster.

Just to fair you thought Perkins was faster as well.  
He is at help defense. Davis has the recovery speed of a 5 at his current weight.

I don't think anyone believes this but you.  I do appreciate a person going out on a limb if you believe in something... if you believe it.  TP to you.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2010, 11:41:39 AM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Agree with you Birdbrain. TP

We May be Better with Glen Starting Over KG
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I still think KG can contribute, but it seems so obvious to me that we play with more youth and energy with Glen Davis starting.  We have three young guys and two vets, which lets us run more, rebound better, defend the paint better, etc.  I don't imagine KG would take it too well. But I believe that we have a chance of beating the likes of Cleveland and Orlando with this change in the lineup. It would also allow KG and Sheed to play together more off the bench, with Tony. 

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
I made a post a while ago that if KG has lost a step or may have chronic knee issues going forward that maybe we should start Big baby and just take some pressure off KG, let him go at his pace.

Imagine him anchoring the second unit:

Perk, Baby or Sheldon
KG
Pierce or Ray
TAllen
Rondo or Nate

You keep developing Baby and take a load off KG at the same time. I love and TP for original poster.

Of course, earlier this year, I got slaughtered for uttering such nonsense.

If I was coaching I wouldn've have approached KG about it already. Not so much because I don't think he can carry the load. He can and will, even if it kills him in the process, shortens his career, etc. You'd have to have KG's approval.

But the main reason I like it is because I think it would be devastating to any second unit to know KG's chomping at the bit.

And also becuase I think it would make us infinately better as an overall team based on rotation schemes. More balance to each unit..1st and 2nd.