Author Topic: Miami is this bad folks!!!  (Read 7354 times)

Re: Miami is this bad folks!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I was big on Beasley too when he came out. And yes he does seem to just not care out there. It was interesting to see him as the last starter in during garbage time last night. Gorman even asked Tommy if he thought spoelstra was sending miguel a message. I'd agree with Tommy and say yes to that.

The kid has a ton of physical tools and attributes and certainly the youth factor on his
side. But he just disappears as Roy said. The papers in Miami and even Boston were playing up the fact he's the X factor. If he shows up it's a different series. But so far he hasn't. So my guess is the issue is between his ears as has been widely speculated and he's out of town next year.

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I'd gladly take wade, beasley and haslem.  Poor wade, his team just isn't that good.  Rest of group is pretty forgettable

I like Wade and Haslem.  I think J.O. has his moments, but not as a $23 million player.  Beasley, I used to be high on, but not any more.  I think he actually regressed a bit from his rookie year.  The biggest issue I have with him is that he doesn't seem to care very much on the court, and he disappears for long stretches.

Haslem's a free agent after this season, isn't he?  He'd be a nice pickup if we could get him for two years at the MLE (not worth a third year).  Not sure whether he'll go back to Miami (will they have to renounce his rights to get enough cap space for a max guy?)

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd gladly take wade, beasley and haslem.  Poor wade, his team just isn't that good.  Rest of group is pretty forgettable

I like Wade and Haslem.  I think J.O. has his moments, but not as a $23 million player.  Beasley, I used to be high on, but not any more.  I think he actually regressed a bit from his rookie year.  The biggest issue I have with him is that he doesn't seem to care very much on the court, and he disappears for long stretches.

Haslem's a free agent after this season, isn't he?  He'd be a nice pickup if we could get him for two years at the MLE (not worth a third year).  Not sure whether he'll go back to Miami (will they have to renounce his rights to get enough cap space for a max guy?)
They'll have to renounce his rights IIRC, though the higher salary cap might affect that.

I don't think Haslem is the athletic 4/5 we need to play with KG

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Unless Sheed or Davis get traded, we won't be signing anyone of significance for our big guys (particularly spending MLE on it). We'll surely go after a PG or a wing player with the MLE, if no trades occur.

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Unless Sheed or Davis get traded, we won't be signing anyone of significance for our big guys (particularly spending MLE on it). We'll surely go after a PG or a wing player with the MLE, if no trades occur.
That'd be a bad mistake, we need help in our front court more than we do at the wing.

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

Haslem's a free agent after this season, isn't he?  He'd be a nice pickup if we could get him for two years at the MLE (not worth a third year).  Not sure whether he'll go back to Miami (will they have to renounce his rights to get enough cap space for a max guy?)
They'll have to renounce his rights IIRC, though the higher salary cap might affect that.

I don't think Haslem is the athletic 4/5 we need to play with KG
If Miami acquires Bosh via a sign and trade for Beasley ... they'd have around $12.5 million leftover in cap space which could be used in any number of ways. To sign Haslem or to go after a Brendan Haywood type or even Rudy Gay.

If they can land Bosh, Miami should try to include Daequan Cook in a sign and trade too (about $14 million in cap space at that point) ... free up enough money to make a maximum contract offer to Rudy Gay.

That trio -- Wade + Bosh + Gay -- would become the best team in the East for as long as Wade's body holds up.

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 02:31:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I feel pretty good considering we haven't lost to them in what two years?

Actually, it's been over 3 years. April 06, 2007...a 3 pt loss at home.

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

also wasn't beasley having drug and or depression issues
but haslem I really like and obviously wade is mvp group
to me only other guys worth while on miami are riley and the young coach eric ?
ps-we will have  a spot open for big when sheed is sent to larry brown in off season  ;)

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »

Offline BostonIrishGuy

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • BEAT L.A.! Yankees s****!
miami

****! This is a good one man!  ;D
I believe in God, Family, and The RED SOX!

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well, I didn't read every thread here...but this series isn't over yet.....2 games at home is great, but we need 4 to win...! If Wade gets going, he can ignite his team, our defense could collapse around him, then he will dish to his players building their confidence..they can score, and at home, their shots will probably stsrt to fall.......I'd feel a lot better if we were up 3-0.........We need to win at least 1 down there, which is obvious, but this isn't ever yet folks...Don't get me wrong, I want to win in 4......but these guys have some game left in them...

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2010, 07:14:11 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Miami may be this bad but hey look who Cleveland and Orlando are playing. Do you really think Chicago is better then Miami by much or Milwaukee without Bogut? Could it be that this Celtics team is really much better then they have been given credit for? I think that is more likely the case.

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Miami may be this bad but hey look who Cleveland and Orlando are playing. Do you really think Chicago is better then Miami by much or Milwaukee without Bogut? Could it be that this Celtics team is really much better then they have been given credit for? I think that is more likely the case.

I agree. We have played at a very high level so far this postseason!