Author Topic: Miami is this bad folks!!!  (Read 7355 times)

Re: Miami is this bad folks!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
...Or we're this Good.

I like this one better  ;)

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
We've seen stuff like this before...  It could very well be that we come back to Boston tied 2-2.  Teams have come back from this kind of thing (anyone recall 1995? - C's get mauled in Orlando 124-77 in game 1, but then win by 7 in game 2 ... or what immediately followed the Memorial Day Massacre in 1985).

I'm not ready to write the Heat off just yet...this Celtics team struggled all season with focus, and I'm not convinced they're over that just yet.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 08:46:16 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
While I agree, for the most part, it would be very presumptuous of us to take this Heat team for granted ... play every game like it's the Lakers. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 08:50:37 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Agree with OP about Jermaine Oneal- what a dog!  If we are upset with Sheed at 6.8mil, how do you think Heat fans feel about JO and his 23mil contract.  He is really a joke- he had a couple two foot shots in game one that didn't even draw iron.  And if he happens to get off to a decent start, he always completely dissappears in the 2nd half.  But I expected JO to suck.  I am really surprised at Beasley's ineffectiveness.  I thought he'd score 20/game.  The whole team is really very untalented.  Take away Wade and the team has far less talent than the Nets.

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wade really looks like he's mostly given up on the season already - he barely looked to drive at all this game.  He seems like he's ready for free agency already (and to chuck up some 3s in the meantime).

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 09:01:54 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Wade really looks like he's mostly given up on the season already - he barely looked to drive at all this game.  He seems like he's ready for free agency already (and to chuck up some 3s in the meantime).

That's what I'm thinking.  I know Miami has its own appeal, and they've got some money to spend this summer...  but is Wade going to look at the Heat as being a legitimate contender anytime soon? 

Chicago's going to come knocking with a max contract offer.  I know the weather's a wee bit nicer down on South Beach (understatement of the year), but you rather have Rose feeding you the ball, or Chamlers/Arroyo?  Rather have Q-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. as your wingman, or Deng?  Jermaine O'Neil's stinking corpse, or Noah? 

Take Wade off this Heat team, and they're a twenty-win team.

Oh, and I love it in the playoffs, when you beat up on a team so badly that they just start desperately chucking up bombs.  I remember that hard series against Indiana maybe eight years ago, when we won game seven by like thirty points, I think it was Artest who was doing the exact same thing.  Complete chaos.  It's a thing of beauty when you drive a team/star player to that.

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We've seen stuff like this before...  It could very well be that we come back to Boston tied 2-2.  Teams have come back from this kind of thing (anyone recall 1995? - C's get mauled in Orlando 124-77 in game 1, but then win by 7 in game 2 ... or what immediately followed the Memorial Day Massacre in 1985).

I'm not ready to write the Heat off just yet...this Celtics team struggled all season with focus, and I'm not convinced they're over that just yet.

I agree, it's definitely not over yet.  But if the Celtics win one of the next two games, it will be.  The C's have all of the momentum right now, and with KG coming back on Friday, the Celtics are in great position to put the Heat to bed.
I feel pretty good considering we haven't lost to them in what two years?

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37

Yeah, methinks people are getting ahead of themselves. We've seen good efforts spoiled by crap efforts a lot the last few months. I'm not convinced we won't see more. Remember how two years ago we destroyed Atlanta in the first two games. Then things got difficult.

Now if we put together a couple of these types of games together in Miami, I might start to regain some optimism. Till then, I'm just along for the ride.

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

Yeah, methinks people are getting ahead of themselves. We've seen good efforts spoiled by crap efforts a lot the last few months. I'm not convinced we won't see more. Remember how two years ago we destroyed Atlanta in the first two games. Then things got difficult.

Now if we put together a couple of these types of games together in Miami, I might start to regain some optimism. Till then, I'm just along for the ride.

Atlanta (and Chicago last year) hurt us in a way that Miami can't; athleticism.  That's still the C's Achille's heel, and why I still doubt we get beyond the second round.  Teams that can outrun and outhustle us, grab offensive rebounds, things like that, are who I'm afraid of. 

That's not Miami.  I love how Tommy keeps harping on Q-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. getting fat while he was in New York.  Guys like he and O'Neil and freakin' Jamaal Magloire aren't going to beat us to too many loose balls, you know?

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 10:11:29 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I didn't get this at all.  I thought for the first half, he was trying to get teammates involved, and taking what the defense gave him, with the plan to take the game over in the third.  Unfortunately, his teammates let him down, and the C's stepped on the gas.  He started launching 3's when they were down 30, and he was trying to find any way to get them back in the game. 

He was the only player who seemed to be trying at all in the second half, and it was pretty depressing to watch, as he clearly still cared, while the rest of his team had packed it in. 

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

That's what I'm thinking.  I know Miami has its own appeal, and they've got some money to spend this summer...  but is Wade going to look at the Heat as being a legitimate contender anytime soon? 

Chicago's going to come knocking with a max contract offer.  I know the weather's a wee bit nicer down on South Beach (understatement of the year), but you rather have Rose feeding you the ball, or Chamlers/Arroyo?  Rather have Q-**** as your wingman, or Deng?  Jermaine O'Neil's stinking corpse, or Noah? 

Take Wade off this Heat team, and they're a twenty-win team.

Oh, and I love it in the playoffs, when you beat up on a team so badly that they just start desperately chucking up bombs.  I remember that hard series against Indiana maybe eight years ago, when we won game seven by like thirty points, I think it was Artest who was doing the exact same thing.  Complete chaos.  It's a thing of beauty when you drive a team/star player to that.

If they can trade Beasley and Dorell Wright (not too difficult), and renounce all their free agents, they can resign Wade and TWO Max Free Agents  :o

Vet Min/Vet Min
Wade/Vet Min
LBJ/Vet Min
Bosh/Vet Min
Vet Min/Vet Min

(Replace 2 Vet Mins with Draft Picks)

I'll take my chances with that roster.

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

I didn't get this at all.  I thought for the first half, he was trying to get teammates involved, and taking what the defense gave him, with the plan to take the game over in the third.  Unfortunately, his teammates let him down, and the C's stepped on the gas.  He started launching 3's when they were down 30, and he was trying to find any way to get them back in the game. 

He was the only player who seemed to be trying at all in the second half, and it was pretty depressing to watch, as he clearly still cared, while the rest of his team had packed it in. 

Yeah I gained a lot of respect, don't know how I could gain even more with all he's done in his career, but from last night I did.  That guy is a fighter and a true champion and deserves to be on a much better team than this Heat squad.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37

Atlanta (and Chicago last year) hurt us in a way that Miami can't; athleticism.  That's still the C's Achille's heel, and why I still doubt we get beyond the second round.  Teams that can outrun and outhustle us, grab offensive rebounds, things like that, are who I'm afraid of. 

That's not Miami.  I love how Tommy keeps harping on Q-**** getting fat while he was in New York.  Guys like he and O'Neil and freakin' Jamaal Magloire aren't going to beat us to too many loose balls, you know?

Good points, and I thought of those as I was typing. Atlanta and Chicago had athleticism and good shooting. Miami has neither. I still think, though, the reason we didn't take care of those teams had to do with our mindset, not the other teams' play. I think how the team approaches the next two games--not necessarily if they win--will reveal a lot about where they are right now.

As for the second round, if the Cs get there, keep in mind that the Cavs are going to be determined to give Shaq significant minutes, which will help the Cs for sure. Varajeo is the Cav that worries me the most. Not because he's that good but because he's disruptive and energetic. But as long as Sheed is never in the game when Varajeo is, his impact can be minimized. BBD can match Varajeo's energy, if Doc gives him the chance.

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
That Miami team lacks resiliency and seems to shy away & fold in the face of adversity.  Wade appeared to be the only one out there last night who showed any heart and I feel for him a bit because he's such a tremendous player and likeable guy, IMO.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Honestly, while I was watching the game last night I didn't think "Wow, the Celtics are playing superb!".  Instead, I thought that Miami was playing terrible.  As a whole Miami does not impress me one bit, and I think this series kind of is over if the Celtics keep up the defensive intensity.

What I liked most about last night's game, outside of the win, was that Pierce, Rondo, and especially Perkins all played great defense.  They stayed in front of their man, and they provided great help D (especially Perkins).  Compared to how Perk played in the 1st game, this was night and day.