Author Topic: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21  (Read 33882 times)

Re: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21
« Reply #435 on: January 09, 2021, 11:05:22 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How many games have the Cs won in a row?

if you dont count the games they lost.

they must have tied a heck of a number of games then  ;D

« Reply #436 on: January 09, 2021, 11:18:01 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
So much is made of the BIQ of the Cs. If they are so basketball smart why were they playing an uptempo with TF in the gane? Post him up and have him raise his hand up high for the ball..I doubt anyone can intercept the entry pass he should be taught to pass out to the open man or a cutting Jay.

« Reply #437 on: January 09, 2021, 11:26:06 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
So much is made of the BIQ of the Cs. If they are so basketball smart why were they playing an uptempo with TF in the gane? Post him up and have him raise his hand up high for the ball..I doubt anyone can intercept the entry pass he should be taught to pass out to the open man or a cutting Jay.
i agree this should be Tacko's primary source of points and a "play" that they call for him.

in the game last night i saw at least 4 times that the ball was tossed to him near the post. each time either the pass was crappy and impossible to catch, or, tacko was unprepared.

i think that until last night, tacko's time with starters/real rotation players was next to nil. i think he did not expect the passes since he did not know how these guys play.

i am sure CBS and his coaches are pointing this out to him while they watch film.

i was pleased with the progress by Tacko. he might yet become a real back up center in the nba. i do root for him, as i do all these "long-shot" stories. heck, i still root for edwards!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #438 on: January 09, 2021, 11:56:06 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
i agree this should be Tacko's primary source of points and a "play" that they call for him.

in the game last night i saw at least 4 times that the ball was tossed to him near the post. each time either the pass was crappy and impossible to catch, or, tacko was unprepared.

i think that until last night, tacko's time with starters/real rotation players was next to nil. i think he did not expect the passes since he did not know how these guys play.

i am sure CBS and his coaches are pointing this out to him while they watch film.

i was pleased with the progress by Tacko. he might yet become a real back up center in the nba. i do root for him, as i do all these "long-shot" stories. heck, i still root for edwards!  ;D

Tacko presents challenges for all concerned his coaches, his teammates, opponents, and referees. The opponents do not know how to defend him so they take certain liberties that his coach must point out to the referees so they are not getting away with cheap fouls on Tacko. I see a lot of improvement in Tacko Brad should really involve him more on a regular basis rather than only play him when his hand is forced.

« Reply #439 on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:55 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I saw lots of improvement in his coordination. He is not a stiff and could be a great weapon to use, glad he got a shot in non garbage time.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2021, 12:38:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I saw lots of improvement in his coordination. He is not a stiff and could be a great weapon to use, glad he got a shot in non garbage time.

His reaction time is better for sure.  Especially covering that dead space on the pnr

On offense he could be a smidge better. When Pritchard made the lob he needed to react a little quicker.  Could just tap it in. Vs wanting to secure the ball 1st

« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I think Taco is legit. Game has slowed down a bit.

He needs to be ready for the "high pass" on the way down the court. Twice he looked unprepared, but, beyond that he was good. Wiz came at him, but, didn't get much.

He has 25 minutes on the court this season and 10 were last night, thus, he has had little time to integrate with the assorted players throwing him passes.

Maybe 9 or 10 minutes a game? Huge change of pace for opposing team. Really don't want to take minutes from Robert though.

« Reply #442 on: January 09, 2021, 07:03:06 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

His reaction time is better for sure.  Especially covering that dead space on the pnr

On offense he could be a smidge better. When Pritchard made the lob he needed to react a little quicker.  Could just tap it in. Vs wanting to secure the ball 1st
just wait. i am sure that under CBS' system Tacko will be jacking up 3 pointers left and right.

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva