Author Topic: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21  (Read 34152 times)

Re: Wizards (2-6) at Celtics (6-3) Game #10 1/8/21
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
what can a smart theis package get us? 

« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2021, 10:10:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Smart with some great hustle plays to keep positions alive

He should only play in the last two minutes.

Smart should just do what he does well and stay away from what he is not good at and his coach, Brad Stevens, should force him to play within those limits. Instead, we hear Brad the other night, post-game, talking about how hard Marcus is trying and how much Marcus cares and how Marcus does his best to get them into their offensive sets and on and on ...........

This is why I have doubts about Stevens' ability to coach this team to a title.

We don't exactly have a lot of viable options right now.  On offense, it's Tatum and Brown and then the roster drops off a cliff.  Nobody else is more than a bit guy who can chip in a few buckets here and there.  Smart is overburdened trying to be the next man up, but he's probably the best we have until Kemba gets back.

Pritchard should be the third options

He didnt miss a 3 pt shot

He usually produces good chances for himself and others on offense

« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2021, 10:12:00 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
What struck me tonight was how aggressive Tacko played.  He was good.

He's a great story, no doubt. But his positional  defense is still fairly hideous.

Conversely, I think the coaches need to run offence through him often (like UCF), otherwise he clogs team movement.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2021, 10:13:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Smart with some great hustle plays to keep positions alive

He should only play in the last two minutes.

Smart should just do what he does well and stay away from what he is not good at and his coach, Brad Stevens, should force him to play within those limits. Instead, we hear Brad the other night, post-game, talking about how hard Marcus is trying and how much Marcus cares and how Marcus does his best to get them into their offensive sets and on and on ...........

This is why I have doubts about Stevens' ability to coach this team to a title.

We don't exactly have a lot of viable options right now.  On offense, it's Tatum and Brown and then the roster drops off a cliff.  Nobody else is more than a bit guy who can chip in a few buckets here and there.  Smart is overburdened trying to be the next man up, but he's probably the best we have until Kemba gets back.

PP needs to get more touches to take pressure off of Smart. The kid is efficient and has good vision, and it will allow Smart to conserve energy so he can do more of what he is good at: hustle, defense, and big plays.

Wishful thinking

Smart thinks he is better than Pritchard on offense

smart barely has any offensive weapons of NBA calibre .  He is not even in the conversation with Pritchard on ball,handle and  smooth moves , much less pure shooting skill.

« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2021, 10:14:44 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Pretty obvious that even if we were 100% healthy, PP is no worse than our 6th best player. And probably better than that.

« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2021, 10:17:27 PM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
Another win for the Celtics

« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2021, 10:17:47 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Tacko has been so much better...

His positioning is better. His speed better...hands better

Confident on defensive end talking to his mates, using his size well underneath. Alert and accurate on offense.

Granted he needs most of the Celtic's front court in quarantine to get minutes, but he was legit good tonight. Wizards attacked him a few times, but really got nothing.

Huge improvement.

« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2021, 10:17:56 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Pretty obvious that even if we were 100% healthy, PP is no worse than our 6th best player. And probably better than that.

Dude may be #4 behind the Jays and Kemba in time.  Not quite yet, but soon.  I'm super impressed by his skill level and his spirit.  Even defensively, where I thought he'd be a huge minus, he's competitive and he makes plays.  He'll only get better as he develops chemistry with the team. 

« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2021, 10:18:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Tacko played great for a guy that has barely seen the real NBA court and has barely went to war with guys like Brown and Tatum , he usually is put in with turds like Edwards and other junk players no longer here.   He can do good things ,  but it has be a style that allows him to be down court and set.   He really changes the game , the other team gets very little within 5 feet of the rim.

« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2021, 10:18:15 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
he def has taken smart or teagues spot. 

« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2021, 10:20:41 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Tacko played great for a guy that has barely seen the real NBA court and has barely went to war with guys like Brown and Tatum , he usually is put in with turds like Edwards and other junk players no longer here.   He can do good things ,  but it has be a style that allows him to be down court and set.   He really changes the game , the other team gets very little within 5 feet of the rim.
That block on Bertrans was nuts. He was on the other side of the lane. Bertrans had to be thinking "well, he's way over there so I'm good to..."

« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Tacko has been so much better...

His positioning is better. His speed better...hands better

Confident on defensive end talking to his mates, using his size well underneath. Alert and accurate on offense.

Granted he needs most of the Celtic's front court in quarantine to get minutes, but he was legit good tonight. Wizards attacked him a few times, but really got nothing.

Huge improvement.

I was pleasantly surprised with him tonight.  He can keep up with the game, which is the big thing I was concerned about.  It looks like we can use him when necessary... run a zone defense and call a couple of timeouts to help his endurance a bit.  He won't hurt us like, for example, Waters did the other night. 

I don't think he has a lot of chemistry with our guys on offense.  We need to learn when and how to feed him on offense... we kept turning the ball over trying to throw it into him when he wasn't even looking for the ball.  And I think that's mostly on him, just learning where his eyes need to be.  But that's a thing that improves with time.  He's an undrafted player, and if he's even a situational roleplayer, that's a win.  And he looks like he might hit that benchmark. 

« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Might as well as nesmith. Brad refuses to play him evem a single minute.

Smart, theis and nesmith should net a very good player in return.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #403 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

Dude may be #4 behind the Jays and Kemba in time.  Not quite yet, but soon.  I'm super impressed by his skill level and his spirit.  Even defensively, where I thought he'd be a huge minus, he's competitive and he makes plays.  He'll only get better as he develops chemistry with the team.

what i like he is always looking to assist or help,team get a score .

He looks for Tacko and RobWill everytime down see if they can get an easy dunk. PP looks around for the BEST available option ,  this is exactly what CBS wants .  Smarts brain just goes dead if he has to dribble and think atbthe same time.   Pritchard is liike Teague, It , Kyrie , he doesn't stop dribbling and get stuck.   

« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2021, 10:29:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Might as well as nesmith. Brad refuses to play him evem a single minute.

Smart, theis and nesmith should net a very good player in return.
Nesmith is not ready