Author Topic: Griffey Jr Retires  (Read 2456 times)

Griffey Jr Retires
« on: June 02, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5244661

One of my all time favorite players, it's really too bad he couldn't get to 700+ HRs.

And of course, Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr was a great game, but that's beside the point.

Re: Griffey Jr Retires
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:04:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
he was a great player. i watched in seattle when he first came up. incredible defense.

so long and thanks!

p.s. go celtics!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Definitely one of my favorite players.  I used to live in Portland, OR, and it was a lot of fun going up to the Kingdome and catching games.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I know in my formidable days of playing Little League ('90-93) and watching baseball games, no one loomed larger on the national scale than Griffey.

The guy was the man and class act. Hands down, he had the sweetest stroke of anyone out there (especially if you were a fellow left-handed hitter  ;) )

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team