Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at 76ers (0-0) Preseason Game #1 12/15/20  (Read 36001 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at 76ers (0-0) Preseason Game #1 12/15/20
« Reply #375 on: December 15, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Every Celtic can take away from this game that they were at least better than Marv Albert. He's been teetering for a few years, but I think it's time to pull the plug.

not sure Carsen Edwards had a better night.

Poor guy needs to go anywhere else - he needs a chance with a rebuilding team to just fire away. We were able to shed Poirier and his salary, but Carsen is guaranteed through 2022. We have enough money left in the $5M slush fund to dump him for nothing, but not sure a team is going to want the money on the books for next season regardless of the money we send out. Any veteran wing would be better than Edwards on this roster.

He didnt make many mistakes tonight. He made less than Waters + Edwards combined. Only two bad ones were tough passes to Tacko. Passes were too low

i bet he was still off because of his finger ....plus somebody busted him in chops ...lol ...

« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Every Celtic can take away from this game that they were at least better than Marv Albert. He's been teetering for a few years, but I think it's time to pull the plug.

Poor guy needs to go anywhere else - he needs a chance with a rebuilding team to just fire away. We were able to shed Poirier and his salary, but Carsen is guaranteed through 2022. We have enough money left in the $5M slush fund to dump him for nothing, but not sure a team is going to want the money on the books for next season regardless of the money we send out. Any veteran wing would be better than Edwards on this roster.

PP didnt make many mistakes tonight. He made less than Waters + Edwards combined. Only two bad ones were tough passes to Tacko. Passes were too low

Passing to Taco is a unique skill as he is not like anyone else in the league.

« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2020, 10:24:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nesmith looked like the game was moving a little too fast for him, especially defensively. But he hustled his butt off and showed some nice rebounding skills. I think by midseason he will be much better.

Pritchard didn't seem to be phased by the speed of the game. He's bigger than I thought and moved well. Very high BBIQ, that was obvious. Kid is going to be a fan favorite in Boston for years!

« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2020, 10:26:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Nesmith looked like the game was moving a little too fast for him, especially defensively. But he hustled his butt off and showed some nice rebounding skills. I think by midseason he will be much better.

Pritchard didn't seem to be phased by the speed of the game. He's bigger than I thought and moved well. Very high BBIQ, that was obvious. Kid is going to be a fan favorite in Boston for years!

Having some players out early could pay dividends later in the year if these young guys are playa blue in the playoffs.

« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2020, 10:29:32 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Mark Price?  High praise, guys.

Yeah, Mark Price was an all-star top tier PG, much more skilled than these guys.

« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Mark Price?  High praise, guys.

Yeah, Mark Price was an all-star top tier PG, much more skilled than these guys.

Price was an assassin. Great, great player but that Cavs team was cursed.

« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2020, 10:35:43 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The lack of depth on the wing was glaring.

Danny needs to go get Harden...get a third team involved and send Kemba and a bunch of scrubs and picks for Harden. Teague, Smart, and Pritchard can handle the load at point.

I'm not interested in Harden. I'm thinking a more practical like Harrison Barnes. We need another reliable vet that contribute but not unseat Tatum and Brown as the linchpins of this team.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2020, 10:49:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watched on tape delay.  hot takes from this game:

- Philly will be good this year.  better than I expected.  they have the shooters they were missing from last year and the roster seems like a better fit.  Thought Sixers would jump at the chance to exchange Simmons for Harden but they may not want to disrupt what they've got going now.
- Early concern with Kemba out was C's couldn't afford to have either Jaylen or Jayson have an off night and hope to win.  that's looking like a real concern.
- another early concern with Kemba out is who could/should be the starting PG.  I don't think Smart's the man for that job and this game reinforced my concerns in that regard.
- Timelord is not starter material, certainly not yet and I doubt this season (if ever).  he started off kilter with his D but did improve when he came back in.  We'll need solid seasons from Theis and Thompson in the middle to take a real run at getting back to the ECF and the Finals.
- Pritchard was much better than expected.  questioned the pick that night but this kid looks like he's going to be a real solid rotation player for us for years.
- Nesmith looked good.  not as good as Pritchard but I think he'll be a solid contributor as the season progresses. 
- Tacko is still a novelty player.  looked better than last year but still a novelty. 
- Teague looks much better than he did last year and looks like he's going to be a real benefit to the team off the bench.  solid signing by Danny
- Edwards and Waters looked pretty inferior even against Philly's scrubs.  would cut ties with them as soon as possible.
- Semi didn't show he was worth keeping.  C's need a vet forward that can play D, rebound and make an occasional bucket to take his place.
- GWill looks like he regressed from the end of last season.  Needs to get back to playing smarter basketball quickly.
- Green looked decent in his minutes.  would keep him over Edwards, Waters and Semi at this point. 

Biggest question going into the season -- can the C's stay afloat with their record until they get everyone back healthy so that they don't drop so far in the standings that they don't at least get home court in the first round.

« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2020, 10:49:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Why do the Celtics only get two preseason games?

« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2020, 10:50:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Danny needs to go get Harden...get a third team involved and send Kemba and a bunch of scrubs and picks for Harden. Teague, Smart, and Pritchard can handle the load at point.

I'm not interested in Harden. I'm thinking a more practical like Harrison Barnes. We need another reliable vet that contribute but not unseat Tatum and Brown as the linchpins of this team.
always thought Barnes was vastly overrated but I think he could provide some solid vet play at forward that this team needs in place of Semi and GWill

« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Pros
Pritchard seems like a gamer
Grant Williams continues to be solid (can cover 3.5 positions)
Teague looks like he'll run the second unit well

Cons
Our offense isn't good right now
JB and Tatum need to distribute more
A few guys don't belong on an NBA court (Edwards most glaring)

« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2020, 11:32:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

PP didnt make many mistakes tonight. He made less than Waters + Edwards combined. Only two bad ones were tough passes to Tacko. Passes were too low

It takes at least one game to get accustomed to Tacko's height. lol

« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2020, 11:41:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

what i saw that was good, but not expected, was how pritchard uses his limited physical abilities to their max.

on a couple of drives he managed to draw defenders to him, then would either step back and shoot, or, cut in at the perfect angle to put up a lay in. he is smart and knows how to get the most out of his abilities.

i think he may have a long career as a bench player in the nba, and that is pretty good for picked where he was in the draft.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2020, 01:25:50 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Thats ok

Celts can stack Waters on top of Edwards

I don’t think that helps...

a turd is turd

no matter how ya stack em

Harsh

But this ones on Danny. He didnt have to bring back Waters or Tacko. Maybe Tacko is ok

Edwards also.

Instead like some others pointed out, Celts could have kept Bane or Xavier Tillman instead

The problem is  would those guys have agreed to a two way contract? Because that is what waters and tacko have

« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2020, 01:43:46 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

what i saw that was good, but not expected, was how pritchard uses his limited physical abilities to their max.

on a couple of drives he managed to draw defenders to him, then would either step back and shoot, or, cut in at the perfect angle to put up a lay in. he is smart and knows how to get the most out of his abilities.

i think he may have a long career as a bench player in the nba, and that is pretty good for picked where he was in the draft.

I think the sky is the limit for this guy. He can shoot he can drive.. that makes him dangerous. He also plays good defense.